Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70

Author Topic: The Lonely Prince: He Who Shall Serve  (Read 190921 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Prince, Day One: A Prince walks into a bar. . .
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2013, 04:37:03 pm »

Lady Lenglon, correct? How are you finding the party so far? I recall you voicing some concerns about feeling out of place here. Are you anxious about being among ladies with more experience in such settings than you?
"Well, now I feel simply uncomely, Lady Solifuge! Who would marry us old maids?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2013, 05:24:45 pm »

"I, um... I kinda am. I don't have a lot of experience in these... formal? kinds of settings. I feel like everything I do or say is being examined... scrutinized... like every tiny step or stumble is being searched for deeper meaning, and it frightens me. Still, what is, is, and I'm here, aren't I? I'll just do my best to do as best I can. but um, for your second question? I suppose I'd have to pick Lady Tiruin, Lady Web, and Lady Jim. all three of them have earned my respect, and Lady Tiruin in particular has earned my trust. If i was going to try something like that, then I'd greatly prefer to have companions such as them at my side. I... well, I was wondering. If you had the opportunity to learn more about someone, would you pick someone that you trusted the least, trusted the most, or knew the least about? and come to think of it, Lady Ranger, do you think it is more important to defend one another from dangers in the night, or to strike out and make them fear the night as much as ourselves?"

Solifuge: yes, I am nervous.
Solifuge: I would pick Tiruin, Webaddict, and Jim Groovester.

Solifuge: If you had an inspect, would you inspect someone scummy, someone townie, or someone you don't have a read on?
Ranger: Which would you prefer, a vig-kill or a protect?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2013, 05:41:55 pm »

Princess Jen Groovester curtsies. A steely-eyed stare and a cold smile greets the rest of the room. "It's so... wonderful to meet all of you. I do hope we can get along."

Princess Solifuge, how petty is your petticoat?

Princess Toasterella, is your dowry delightful or dour?

Princess Leafsnail, how relevant will flavor be to this game? Also, what's the significance of the underlined words in Vector's pre-day start post?

Princess WUBADUB, who's easiest to read?

Princess notquitethere, what mafia lessons have you learned over the course of the games you've played?

Princess griffinpup, how likely are you to freak out under pressure?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2013, 05:52:35 pm »

Princess WUBADUB, who's easiest to read?
Depends on what you mean by easiest. I can answer who's easiest for me to read, and that's Toaster. That doesn't necessarily make him the easiest to read, though, and I have no answer for that.

Also, why so cold?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2013, 06:03:59 pm »

What makes Toaster so easy to read for you?

Also, why so cold?

Because it's funner than being a warm, friendly princess. For me, anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Prince, Day One: A Prince walks in to a bar. . .
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2013, 06:36:49 pm »

"I am quite fond of your hair. Am I to assume that lavender perfume belongs to you, or am I to be mistaken? Because I find it to be wonderful."

Princess Toaster blushes, her red cheeks matching the shade of her dress.  "Why thank you, and yes, I love the scent of lavender- of any flower, really.  Do-do you like flowers?"

Jimberly:

Most delightful, milady.

Solifuge:  Can we expect your RP to course throughout a whole day then die off by day two?

Web:  What have you learned in your Mafia play break?

Griffionday:  Does playing with your name buddy confuse you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2013, 06:50:32 pm »

Okami no Rei: You're mafia, and a non-mafia member claims to have received a guilty inspection on one of your teammates.  How do you react?  What about if they're claiming a guily on someone who isn't your teammate?

RangerCado: You're a miller (that is, you're a townie who inspects as mafia).  Do you claim day one, and why?  Would you consider making such a day one claim as mafia?

Princess Leafsnail, how relevant will flavor be to this game?
Mildly.  The OP promises hidden mechanics, and it would be good to find those.  On the other hand this game is clearly mafia first and a puzzle second, so I'd suggest only bringing up the flavour if you've discovered some kind of interesting contradiction rather than allowing the whole day to be spent in baseless speculation.

Also, what's the significance of the underlined words in Vector's pre-day start post?
I think it's a Homestuck reference, maybe.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2013, 07:16:36 pm »

What makes Toaster so easy to read for you?
He's been in a lot of my games and has been scum a fair amount in them.

"I am quite fond of your hair. Am I to assume that lavender perfume belongs to you, or am I to be mistaken? Because I find it to be wonderful."

Princess Toaster blushes, her red cheeks matching the shade of her dress.  "Why thank you, and yes, I love the scent of lavender- of any flower, really.  Do-do you like flowers?"

Web:  What have you learned in your Mafia play break?
Webadict brightens immediately. "Oh, most certainly! What lady would find the sight or scent of flowers anything but delightful? Though, I must admit, I am rather attached to my peach perfume. It reminds me ever so much of home. Not that I don't find this place lovely, mind you, but there's just something about home that a girl cannot forget. Men perhaps but they are a different sort." Webadict giggles at the end.

I've learned to manage my time better. Leaving was good. I was occupying far too much time here. Now, I am steadily trying to make myself a better person. Maybe. At the very least, I'm not going as crazy anymore. You know, that sort of thing. Honestly, nothing that'll help me here, other than maintaining a sane attitude, but that's a pretty important thing. If I'm starting to go crazy, then maybe I'm not ready yet. But, so far, I haven't devolved into madness yet.

Hahaha... PTSD, you so crazy...

Also, what's the significance of the underlined words in Vector's pre-day start post?
I think it's a Homestuck reference, maybe.
It's an anagram, clearly.

Epsilon eructates earthly oracle aloe mull dough beamer

It makes perfect sense!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2013, 08:58:44 pm »

Solifuge: If you had an inspect, would you inspect someone scummy, someone townie, or someone you don't have a read on?
Actually, I wouldn't do any of those, and would instead spend my efforts getting to know the people I perceived as the most potentially dangerous; the individuals with reputations for the most experience and skill. That would either let me know that their observations were to be trusted, or would let me stop them before their plans went into motion.

Given your options, though, I would investigate someone I knew nothing about. I might act differently in a different situation, but if I already have reason to suspect someone of wrongdoing, I think it better to use my efforts to root out a new lead, in case the first turns out to be false. Remember, observations and hard evidence can both be valuable weapons in such a situation. When there are many enemies to fight, a wise tactician doesn't commit all of their forces against just one of them.

Ehem. Hypothetically speaking, of course. *Smiles shyly, flutters fan*

Perhaps I'm under-dressed for the occasion, but I didn't think to wear one. At least not with a simple garment like this. It's nowhere near as grand as some I've seen here. Er, yours included, of course, Lady Groovester.

what's the significance of the underlined words in Vector's pre-day start post?
Oh, that's just how the titles of the Prince's books appear. Euclid's Elements is a popular foundational math text. Le Chateau de Labour translates as "The Mansion/Castle of Labor", which I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with. I suppose there could be some hidden meaning to either of the titles, but that seems to be a bit of a reach. Who can know? As for the rest of his collection... the Prince's taste spans from comedy to more symbolic and artistic stories. I think it just shows us what sorts of things to expect during our time here.

Solifuge:  Can we expect your RP to course throughout a whole day then die off by day two?
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. :3

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2013, 10:33:58 pm »

"Um, Lady Solifuge? you... you suddenly became very serious. should I be worried? what's wrong? Is everything ok? did I say something wrong? Do you need some air? here, let me get you some water."
Lenglon goes and gets a glass of water for Solifuge, and offers it to her.

Solifuge: you dropped your RP almost completely when you answered that. why?
Solifuge: you had no follow-up to the questions you asked me, why? what did you learn from them?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2013, 11:53:40 pm »

((...I'm not even going to bother trying to RP unless its required. I'm in 2 RPs in the games thread and I'm already getting confused there.))

Lenglon: I would prefer a protect over a vig-kill due to how terrible my luck is, and the guilt that would seep into my posts if I used it and killed a townie. How likely do you think a cult is in this game and why?

Leafsnail: Everytime I claim early, I get lynched. So no, I will not claim day 1 no matter my role or alignment because I will get killed for WIFOM... and no one start bugging me about that please, I get it, It was stupid. Who do you believe would be the three deadliest Mafia members together and why?

Wuba: Who would you most like to have as a confirmed townie and why?

Toaster:
What would be your preferred town Power in this game? How about Mafia as well?

Tiruin:
You are a cop with a confirmed Townie who trusts you but the rest of the town is getting ready to lynch them. Do you claim to try to save them, or use persuassion only to help with this. Lets say its day 3 and you were blocked night 2.

NQT:
What would be your preferred third party role, and do you believe there will be an abundance of them similar to Toon Mafia 7, or a couple scattered through the group?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2013, 12:12:30 am »

"I-I suppose that makes sense. I mean, nobody wants to hurt an innocent. but, um, what do you mean about the luck? do you not have faith in yourself and your ability to identify dangers? You should have more self-confidence Lady Ranger! What's the point of even looking for danger if you aren't willing to trust your senses when you see it? Anyway, you asked me something about a conspiracy that grows? I... I wouldn't think that would happen, but I suppose that it's possible. I mean, they're kinda rare anyway, aren't they? And, well... I mean, if the conspiracy is trying to remove competition for the Prince's hand, wouldn't they need to kill instead of recruit?"

Ranger: Cult is unlikely but possible. it wouldn't mesh with the story well, and it's rare anyway.

Ranger: If you don't trust your ability to identify scum, how do you plan to scumhunt?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2013, 01:13:44 am »

It was morning. The usual calm and serene atmosphere was blighted by a shadow. Vast swaths of clouds covered the sky, leaving little space for the light to fall. No songbirds or evening doves made their merry calls that day, as all were perched and snuggled in their homes. The whole land was covered with a blanket of rain.

It was a gloomy day. A horrid day.

And yet, the faint idea of seeing warmth and joy through the cold was still there. Through the rain, there was the sun. And after the rain, came growth.

Such a large place. Such a lively place.

((The flavor is epic. I'd really wish to have Bookthras in here, but it seems he disappeared. :( ))

Tiruin awoke with a start, muffled by her fan-reflexes. "Erm, sorry. Was just reminded of something. There's a storm and all where I was before all this. Ghastly thing." (Warning: Storm Signal 3 [Tropical Typhoons and all] is present in my area. Expecting electrical outages and the sad note of not being able to go to school due to storm. Also, my RP'ing voice is always my normal voice, just with color and the added mannerisms of speech.) "Anyway.."

Princess Ji: These questions have a point here? You aren't adding to them? Also, would you treat newbies equally as veterans in regard to committing tells?

...Does this dress look alright?

Solifuge: yes, I am nervous.
Solifuge: I would pick Tiruin, Webaddict, and Jim Groovester.
Tiruin pouts at the thought.
"Now why would anyone be nervous around lil ol' me? Madame Lenglon, is there anything I have done to you to deserve this?

"...Also it's nice to see you again!"
:D

Tiruin:
You are a cop with a confirmed Townie who trusts you but the rest of the town is getting ready to lynch them. Do you claim to try to save them, or use persuassion only to help with this. Lets say its day 3 and you were blocked night 2.
"C-cop? Oh, so did I confirm the townie? How did that townie get confirmed?

"...Trusts me in what way? If you mean I confirmed him on N1, then I'd let the lynch go, but then check on what everyone else was doing to the soul and analyze from then on."

Tiruin tilts her head to the side, pondering. "This is strange, Lady Cado, like you wish to know detailed specifics. What are you trying to find out here?"

Leafsnail: Everytime I claim early, I get lynched. So no, I will not claim day 1 no matter my role or alignment because I will get killed for WIFOM... and no one start bugging me about that please, I get it, It was stupid. Who do you believe would be the three deadliest Mafia members together and why?
"Can you give your own analysis on what early claims did, on the first day, in that context of getting lynched to us? What have you learned? Why is it WIFOM? Why 'three deadliest'?"

..."Soli!"
Tiruin hugs you before asking you something.

"How have you been? Last time we've met, you weren't quite talkative for days--why was that? Did you not want to talk during that time (yes I'm talking about your most recent Mafia game: Toon Mafia) or did something else happen to you then?

"Oh, also, I noticed you were intently listening to Shepard's story. Do you think our background stories also have the same weight? As in, importance to the Prince? What's your take on lurkers?"

((It is Shepard. :P))

I've learned to manage my time better. Leaving was good. I was occupying far too much time here. Now, I am steadily trying to make myself a better person. Maybe. At the very least, I'm not going as crazy anymore. You know, that sort of thing. Honestly, nothing that'll help me here, other than maintaining a sane attitude, but that's a pretty important thing. If I'm starting to go crazy, then maybe I'm not ready yet. But, so far, I haven't devolved into madness yet.

Hahaha... PTSD, you so crazy...
I would hug you if this thing wasn't taken out of context.

So *hugs*.

Glad you're doing better. :)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2013, 02:10:16 am »

Princess Ji: These questions have a point here? You aren't adding to them?

Not really.

I'm a princess. If I want to ask pointless questions that amuse only me then it is my right.

Also, would you treat newbies equally as veterans in regard to committing tells?

If they committed the same kinds of tells, then yes.

But veterans and newbies don't commit the same kinds of tells, do they? No, veterans have carefully constructed appearances and new players don't know better than to make rookie mistakes. They are different kinds of eggs to crack.

...Does this dress look alright?

Princess Jen nods very politely, perhaps overly so.

Lenglon: I would prefer a protect over a vig-kill due to how terrible my luck is, and the guilt that would seep into my posts if I used it and killed a townie.

Why would you feel guilty for killing a town?

Do you feel similarly guilty when you mislynch somebody?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2013, 02:19:16 am »

Lenglon smiles
"Thanks, and it's good to see you again too. To be honest, your presence here is a comfort if anything. It's nice to feel like I have a friend here. It makes this crowded, formal, stuffy court life much more bearable."
Lenglon hugs Tiruin
"Thank you. um... oh! I nearly forgot. um, aren't I supposed to ask you something about how you handle events like these? uh... actually, how important are those formalities anyway? I mean..."
Lenglon shrugs

Tiruin:No

Tiruin:how important is the RVS phase and why?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70