Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Centration - Inspired by Space Station 13 (Kick starter Discussion)  (Read 8885 times)

HeadClot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Everyone,

I am fairly new here to bay 12 games so forgive me if this has already been posted.

But there is a game called Centration that is currently on Kickstarter.
They are also planning to release a mod kit for making custom space stations and event total conversions!
Here are some videos of it as well of the pitch video for their kick starter.

Web Site -Link
Kickstarter - Link
Pitch Video - Link
Technical Air Flow Video - Link
Twitch.TV - Link

Confirmed Information (Update - July 14th 2013)

*There will be another live stream via their twitch.tv in 2 weeks time near the end of there kick starter.
*They are working on the simulation elements and multi-player initially. Gameplay should follow shortly after.
*Characters can get better at skills such as bomb making, Medical, engineering, etc.
*Characters carry over each round provided that they do not die in the previous round. So Survival is important for the sake of your character.
*The space station is fully modular and can be ripped apart, blown up, or just decompressed in to the vacuum of space. There are vents and Maintenance corridors in the walls and floors that can be used and accessed.
*The game is meant to be a commercial release.
*It is not meant to be first person space station 13. However they are providing mod tools that will allow you to make space station 13.
*The game is very simulation heavy. (Air Flow Simulation, Simulating power, etc.)
*The game is meant to be about paranoia and survival.
*There will be in game scripting of devices.

I will try and keep this thread up to date as new information comes out.

*I am not in anyway affiliated with the Centration Development team. I am just a fan that wants to see this made.*
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 04:13:37 pm by HeadClot »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Centration - Inspired by Space Station 13 (Kick starter Discussion)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:13:01 pm »

Neat, not every day you learn A new video game, form A A escaped lunatic, I already know about SS13, im A admin observer on A server, and I played for aorund A year, but I never new about  Centration! :D
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

HeadClot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 07:25:19 pm »

Neat, not every day you learn A new video game, form A A escaped lunatic, I already know about SS13, im A admin observer on A server, and I played for aorund A year, but I never new about  Centration! :D

Hey Welcome!

Glad you could find out about this awesome game!

HeadClot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 07:56:41 pm »

From what I've heard of it, it's all edgy and grimdark, as opposed to SS13's 'future from the fifties' slightly goofyness.

If this is true, i think I'll stick with SS13.

From what I have seen (I will provide a link to some sort of gameplay). It is somewhat serious however I would not call it grim dark. It might just be the lack of people in the actual game that makes it seem edgy.
Not to mention that they are giving you access to modification tools on release. So nothing is stopping you from making a Space Station 13 mod for centration.

If it is any consolation -  It kinda reminds me of alien for some reason. I really do not know why.

Link to their Twitch

Edit 1: Needed to add something.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:00:24 pm by HeadClot »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 08:04:52 pm »

Is it free or not, I am wondering? :D

HeadClot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 08:11:23 pm »

Is it free or not, I am wondering? :D

Hey,
Currently they are asking for money to finish up the game. If you want access as soon as possible. Give them 15 dollars. On their website or KickStarter.

Which includes 1 copy of the game.
Access to all Alpha and beta tests.
Access to the closed beta.

I will update the original post to reflect where you can buy the game.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 09:03:55 pm »

It's weird that the $15 tier states that you have alpha access but doesn't say anything about beta access. While the next higher tier clearly states both Alpha and Beta.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 09:05:55 pm »

What I meant was, will it be free upon release, I will still gladly throw monies at them.

HeadClot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 09:07:30 pm »

It's weird that the $15 tier states that you have alpha access but doesn't say anything about beta access. While the next higher tier clearly states both Alpha and Beta.

I believe that it includes previous tiers I could be wrong.

What I meant was, will it be free upon release, I will still gladly throw monies at them.

I am not sure I can ask but expect a delay on the reply as I am just a fan. :)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 09:08:38 pm »

Kay, Thanks!

HeadClot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HeadClot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 09:35:17 pm »

Kay, Thanks!

Hey Wer6,

It will not be free at launch. So you might as well throw some money at them and get it cheaper.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 10:56:32 pm »

Enough money to build a giant space station lightyears away from civilisation...

...Not enough money to install adequate lighting. Seriously, I could hardly see anything in that video, besides the glowy computer monitors. Even the 'lit' corridor was dark and gloomy.

Still, it's an interesting concept. Too early in development for me to think about backing, but here's hoping it gets further than all the other SS13 remakes that've come and gone over the years.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 01:55:33 am »

I'm thinking about throwing the $15 at them but I doubt they will finish this on time and with the ~$75k they're asking. I mean, they have to pay 7 people with that money and they want to motion capturing. That money is going to be gone within 3 months. On their team of 7 they have 3 designers, 2 artists and 2 programmers. I know that unity3d is an awesome engine that makes development easy and fast but they probably should get rid of 2 of their designers and hire programmers instead.

I also think it's too bad they're making this a horror game.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 08:12:59 am »

I'll take a look at it when it's done, and if it's nice, I'll think about buying it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: [1] 2 3