Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Middle Eastern/Central Asian Politics Megathread  (Read 19275 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Middle Eastern/Central Asian Politics Megathread
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2014, 11:52:38 am »

A fair land swap with adequate compensation for all the people who have been illegally pushed off their land would be a good solution, but it really depends on the deal.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2014, 02:37:05 pm »

The prosecutor got a point though: only 9 people died there, there are much bigger fish to fry.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2014, 02:54:59 pm »

*Shrug*  I guess if you only commit war crimes on a small scale, you get ignored.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2014, 03:24:42 pm »

This is mostly a PTW, but let me pour my two cents' worth of oil on the fire: Has there ever been a UN investigation into the war crimes committed by Hamas?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2014, 03:27:17 pm »

This was not an investigation, but a case in front of the International Court of Justice though. It's not entirely clear if the UN even has standing to investigate Hamas, since it's a terrorist organization. But the UN's human right guy regularly criticize Hamas' actions, yeah.

Edit: Apparently the Goldstone report also investigated Hamas' actions, and, surprising absolutely no one, found that it was guilty of war crimes for launching rockets on civilians.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:35:03 pm by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2014, 08:36:33 pm »

Kazakh government, people, cast a wary eye toward Russia. Try to look as friendly as possible.

I honestly don't blame them for their concern. But are their worries unfounded? Russia and Kazakhstan have historically been fairly close allies, and they're almost as friendly with China as they are with Russia. Could Russia get away with slyly stirring up tension if it wanted? I don't think they could. They certainly haven't been very subtle in Ukraine.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2014, 02:15:13 pm »

Wow, that's a... powerful image.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2014, 02:21:39 pm »

[joke about lack of lights being induced by a lack of power]
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2014, 02:23:39 pm »

Depressing.

Not even Helgoland's joke can lighten the mood.

No, really, I'm not laughing.  :(
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2014, 04:06:02 pm »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't they paint the Israel-Syria border such as leaving the golan heights completely in syria territory? It might be fine by itself but the problem is that there's quite a light difference even under the israeli controlled parts without them being in war or relying on the syrian electricity network.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2014, 04:17:40 pm »

The Golan heights are quite small, you hardly see them on this map.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2014, 06:22:23 pm »

Plus that's missing the entire point of the image. It doesn't matter who is labelled as having control over the Golan Heights, since it doesn't affect what is happening in the rest of the country.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18