Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Dungeon of Infinity-ness {5/5 slots filled}  (Read 10948 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon of Infinity-ness {5/5 slots filled}
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2013, 07:32:24 am »

Stay at the back with the boss. Have the wounded goblin try to relock the pen, if this fails then hamstring the troll.

(( Hello new minion. ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2013, 09:16:54 am »

Shoot the unfriendly gobo.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2013, 01:29:21 pm »

Aunica keeps watching and stays back and ready.  After scanning the entire area and noting all visible exits, she's going to take a good look at that 'somewhat worrisome sight'.  Are tracks visible?  What sort of wounds does the corpse and that wounded goblin bear, and how is that living one moving as we first came into sight?  Does it appear more like the two goblins fought each other, or like something attacked them both and the survivor is scrambling to try and save itself?  Any other visible clues?  And what's the troll in the pen doing, where was it looking as we first came into the area and how upset or excited does it seem?

She's going to stay ready and watchful, especially of the exits if it does appear like the goblins fought each other, and there's not another group of goblin killers around.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2013, 10:06:30 pm »

Ismiral waits until the troll gets near the goblin while leaving the pen, and then casts Conjure Sandstorm on both of them.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2013, 08:17:22 pm »

Troll 19, Aunica 16, F. Goblin 14, Kyle 10, Goblin 7, Ismiral 4, Alexis 2

The troll quickly runs out and begins pummeling things. Namely, Aunica. [4+3=7] Despite its great ability of mashing things into fine powder, it totally fails to harm Aunica in any way, shape, or form.
Aunica, in response to the onslaught, begins scanning the terrain. She notes a passageway to the south, as well as a hidden alcove off to the west that would seem to be climbable. There aren't really any tracks, and the wounds of the two goblins suggest a mauling. All in all, it suggests the zombies got to them. The troll is trying and failing to make you into a thick paste.
Your goblinoid companion begins trying to nip at the heels of the troll, and [11] [2] manages to break its tough hide and get at its flesh.
Kyle begins filling the troll handler with arrows, [16] [3], getting in a good shot, though it doesn't quite finish him off. He's very close, though.
The hostile goblin decides to go out with a bang, and charge Alexis. [9] However, being a goblin and therefore destined to fail, he can't even manage that.
Ismiral tries to hit both the goblin and the troll, but the troll has already moved away from the goblin. Attempting to focus enough power to hit them both, [2] she fails, and almost loses control of the spell before targeting it at the troll.
Alexis orders one of her minions to lock in the troll, but the troll charges before the zombie gets a chance to respond. So, you go for the backup plan, which is mob them until the thing dies. You lead the charge, [13] [4] easily harming it. The three zombies then proceed to follow your example [16] [17] [20] with surprising efficiency. The goblin leader [1] manages a grazing hit, [6] [5*2] while the other two begin tearing out chunks of it. They do so well that they manage to outright kill it.

Spoiler: Experience and Health (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2013, 08:22:59 pm »

Finish off the handler.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2013, 08:26:06 pm »

(( Are all 4 of my zombies still dead but moving? I had 3 midgets and the boss and wanna make sure and you honestly have to have seen this coming. ))

REVIVE THE TROLL!!!!!!, the 3 dead goblins and attempt to enhance the revival of my present minions. Send all of the minion goblins ( including my new ones ) to continue killing the other goblins as discreetly as possible keeping the boss and the troll with me.
Revive the handler as well if he's dead he can join the minion team.

(( Haha, goblins may be destined to fail, but zombie goblins? They know how to get shit done. ))
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2013, 08:32:08 pm »

Aww man, staying 'back and ready' means she ignores direct attack?  Oh well, and amusing to read anyway.  Wish I'd realized that 'counterattack troll' would have been a darn sensible thing to type for my last action.   8)

Aunica gets the heck away from the undead goblin mob, as well as any likely paths for overzealous friendly fire arrows, daggers, or anything else that might accidentally head her way (again).  She's keeping an eye on the entrances/exits as she approaches the hard to see alcove, and once close to it she'll check it out.  If she has to climb to properly do so, she will, if she a) thinks she easily can and b) is pretty sure it's empty so nothing can neatly decapitate her as she pops over the edge.  Otherwise, when all the killing and raising fun's done, she's going to make sure the rest of the party knows the alcove's there.

If attacked, or if she sees hostile reinforcements arriving or something like that, she's going to deal with that instead. 

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2013, 08:35:23 pm »

(( When we reach the end of floor boss I have a feeling that a pet troll is going to come in useful :P as well as goblin boss and any of the minions that have survived.

I am a little surprised though, goblins become a far bigger danger once you bloodily murder them. ))
Now it never would.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2013, 08:39:01 pm »

(( Are all 4 of my zombies still dead but moving? I had 3 midgets and the boss and wanna make sure and you honestly have to have seen this coming. ))
Sorry if this wasn't clear, but one has been rendered dead again by the troll handlers in the off-screen fight. Also, since the soul has been too thoroughly damaged from the ressurection and death, they can't be revived again.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2013, 08:55:33 pm »

Ismiral rushes in to try to get the kill on the last goblin for the Level Up!

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2013, 08:58:36 pm »

(( Darn, well including the handler that gives me 3 more plus a troll and hopefully will bump up the current ones to last longer. 5 zombie goblins should work nicely clearing us a path and if we come across any big groups or special goblins I can add them to my mini army.

Btw how many spells do I have left to use after this 1? ))
Now it never would.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2013, 09:05:55 pm »

REVIVE ... the 3 dead goblins

(( Darn, well including the handler that gives me 3 more

I think there's just two goblins here, one already dead, the other probably about to die (the handler Kyle and Ismiral are trying to off)

Flame had posted

One goblin lies dead on the ground, and the other is somewhat injured. The still living goblin has just unlatched the door

two updates ago, and looks like just one enemy goblin got to attack in the last update as well.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2013, 09:11:09 pm »

(( It mentioned in the last one seeing 2 that had been mauled on. My goblins wouldn't have mauled on another zombie so I figured we'd only just spotted the other one. ))
Now it never would.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2013, 09:19:03 pm »

Okay, so because this is getting a little confusing, this is the state of the battlefield:
Aunica
Alexis
Ismiral
Kyle
1 Friendly(?) Goblin
2 Goblin Zombies
1 Boss Goblin Zombie
1 Dead Goblin Zombie
1 Dead Troll
1 Horrifically Wounded Goblin
Exits to the south, west and north. You just came from the north.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12