Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Dungeon of Infinity-ness {5/5 slots filled}  (Read 10944 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon of Infinity-ness {2/5 slots filled}
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 08:36:24 pm »

Hah so do I, but when I use it and it bites me in the ass I'm pretty sure I won't.

It ranges from specific resistances, to mass revivals, to mass healing, to super human strength and so on.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 08:38:04 pm »

Maybe toss a couple of things like turning the targets bright orange or giving them gills, to make things interestinger.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 08:44:19 pm »

Hmmm, better bump up to a d20 to fit all these and bump buffs up to 4.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon of Infinity-ness {4/5 slots filled}
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 09:09:15 pm »

I'm in!  making my character sheet now.  I assume a brief bio is fine, I am capable of fleshing it out further if desired.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:49:45 pm by Imp »
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 09:53:52 pm »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon of Infinity-ness {5/5 slots filled}
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2013, 10:19:10 pm »

((That's fine Imp. The Con bonus is how many points your con score is about the average, which is 10. No bio is fine, so a brief one is as well. Also, sorry, Remuthra, but Imp makes 5. I'll put you on reserve. In other news, we can get started!

Quickly, the five of you dash down the staircase, not wanting to face the god sober. You feel space warp around you as you descend the stairs. Strange cries echo throughout the cavern. The source of one, however, you can clearly see. A goblin stands in the dungeon, making several gestures.

In cases that I list off multiple character's names, please only read yours. Also, note that you can tell others that are near you what is happening in the thread without needing to wait for an update.

Kyle: You're not sure, but it seems to be vaguely threatening.

Ismiral: You discern that he is not trying to be threatening, but as to what he IS saying, you haven't a clue.

Alexis: You discern as well that he is non-hostile.

Hactiel: You know from the body language and inflections that he is saying something to the extent of "Spare me! I am an
exile!"

Aunica: You think he may be hostile.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 10:21:34 pm »

Step out in front of the group and attempt to convince it to join me as my wise cracking goblin sidekick. Use awesome hand gestures if it can't understand me. Attempt to use magic to allow it to speak with us normally first.

(( One thing I meant to ask, can we do basic magic without spells? Like enabling it to understand our language? ))
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:28:38 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2013, 10:23:42 pm »

You can use very basic spells such as that without actually using a spell to do it, but you need to take the spell when you level up.

Also, I honestly cannot tell if you're being serious, Remuthra.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2013, 10:24:27 pm »

Point at it with whatever weapon I have. If none point at with my nose.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2013, 10:27:39 pm »

First person bio :P. A certain amount of that text may or may not be inaccurate, as evidenced by the continuity errors throughout. You can tell this is serious business, though, because I took the time to write all that backstory.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 10:29:00 pm »

Use sign language and what little Goblin I know to try and convince it that we do not mean to kill it.

Use normal language and what little I know about my companions to try and convince them not to kill it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2013, 10:30:49 pm »

I'll work mine out in a moment, or rather I'll copy 90% of the description and bio for the other 10 versions of this character :P.
It's a serious time saver when you can just copy and paste.

This time I'm not a sexy soldier or a sexy guard or a sexy survivor. Oh no, I'm a sexy priestess :P.

" I'm gonna try and speak with it and see if I can help it understand, maybe it'll join us. I think we could use an extra sword.
Now it never would.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2013, 10:35:35 pm »

Stay near the front of the group, a half pace behind and one pace beside the one closest to the goblin, a hand on my weapon's hilt and ready to draw at the first sign of either actual aggression from the goblin or fear from my companions.  Every 20 seconds or so I will scan to either my right or my left, to notice if there's anything else I should be aware of.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2013, 10:44:04 pm »

Ismiral remains near the back of the party, fully content to let the others deal with the Goblin. If it was trying to say something, it wouldn't likely be anything she cared about, and if it was a trap, she'd rather not get caught in it.

Remain near the rear of the party and examine the room for interesting features while others put up with the greenskin.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 06:38:47 pm »

Alexis attempts to communicate with the goblin, but has little in the way of luck.
Several members of the party either ignore him or begin to poise for a fight, however Hactiel quickly calls them off and begins to recall the Universal Sign Language, pervasive throughout almost all sentient creatures. The goblin, it would seem, is one of those. He quickly signs back his thanks.

NEW SKILL: Sign Language (Hactiel)

Edit: Also, the weapons that you each have are as follows:
Kyle: Shortbow (Damage 1d6, you can hit monsters without a chance of them hitting you back)
Ismiral: Morningstar (Damage 1d8)
Alexis: See above
Hactiel: Quarterstaff (Damage 1d4)
Aunica: Battleaxe (Damage 1d10)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:43:55 pm by flameboy99 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12