Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jobless dwarves milling about in the cavern...  (Read 656 times)

Sound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Jobless dwarves milling about in the cavern...
« on: July 06, 2013, 03:58:09 pm »

... as in actively walking around while having no job. And i do have a meeting hall, some are there some are walking in the cavern. The problem could easily be fixed by blocking access, but i like having it open for the hunters, or burrows, but that is entirely too much work.

I am just wondering if someone has experienced the same problem and/or know of a fix. I do play the latest version of Masterwork DF, so it may be a problem with that. Any input?

EDIT: I meant to post this Dwarf Mode Discussion. Could a mod move it?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:00:12 pm by Sound »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Jobless dwarves milling about in the cavern...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 05:12:38 pm »

Do you have anything down in the caverns that could potentially attract the dwarves down there, such as a well?

Also, how many meeting areas do you have set up? If there are too many dwarves and animals in an area, others will tend to try to avoid it. Usually they default to where your wagon originally was on the map if there are no other areas to go, and I haven't seen them really go anywhere else before. Though I have noticed that military dwarves will idle near areas they've previously held station or killed things at for no discernible reason.