Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Crazy D&D Stories  (Read 51623 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy D&D Stories
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2013, 09:17:47 pm »

I'm not sure if this story counts. Since. Well. The system is Nobilis, and as anyone who has played it knows, crazy is pretty par for the course. You basically play as super powerful demigods in the service of a god (or being of godly power) fighting a infinite war against forces from outside creation who want to obliterate everything that exists so thoroughly that even the concept of existing ceases to exist. But it was a pretty interesting turn of events.

I spoilered the unimportant background information, it's pretty unimportant and boring, I question my decision to write it down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once we arrive though, I move way to fast for him. I jump out of our airship, fall a few miles though the sky. Land next to Goverment and Antons lackey, get a quick situation report. Then turn to the city. I pick up Montreal in my hands and crush it into a super heated ball of lava instantly killing all the philosophy zombies and a hit squad from the future (possibly including myself) sent back to try to fuck with us, although the whole nature of time travel means that they don't really get hurt or die because once they were foiled their mission ceased to actually ever happen. Damn time disconnected gods, am I right?

It turns out later that Entropy set up this mission to punish us for Henrys actions. It punishes Anton because he could not save the people. And it punishes me because ultimately the people didn't really have get to chose to die.

It also punishes the GM for not adjusting his thinking when a player with maxed strength joined the game.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2013, 09:20:02 pm »

That's perfectly okay. As long as it's amusing and/or crazy, it's fine. Also, I'm going to spend the next few weeks memorizing the rules to that game. BRB.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2013, 12:44:22 am »

PTW

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2013, 03:15:39 pm »

When I have some time, I will share with you the many tales of GURPs games I have known. Former President Taft features anomalously prominently in these.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2013, 06:25:59 am »

I was playing  a water genasi called Lana. Yes, it took me 15 years to notice what the name spelled backwards. But anyway! Her aprty and her found a magical sword called Gramwalder. It was very magical, very sentient and very annoying. Lana, not being the sharpest tool in the shed, fell for the sword out of pity anyway, despite its comments about exploring her sheathe. Eventually the party got a proper body for the sword. Cue the sword running off and getting with some easy to get noblewoman instead of poor Lana. Then the party beat him up and exploded the noblehouse, which ended up being home to some cult operations. Hooray all around.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2013, 07:06:20 am »

sentient items are greet one of my current characters (The one legged dwarf with the vendetta against moby Dick) is followed by a meliciose Necronomicon that torments him continuously his character has been tormented by it to the point of suicide (the book wouldn't let him) it all got a bit desturbing after he started listning to it.
anyway after the dwarf found a tide up Cleric outside a waystationthe book tolled him to Carstrate him which the true neutral dwarf (i probably should change his alignment) anyway the cleric bled to death.

also the Necronaumicon gets jeleus every time he reads other books to the point of eating them and setting fire to library

also their was the overly politicly corect Cleric who's main prare was "may what ever god/s goddess's spirit/s ancestor/s natural aspect/s force/s and shiny object/s or any cobmination there off protect you bless you or in any otheway positivly interact with you in a manner fitting your own personal belief system"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2013, 07:40:49 am »

Dude. Spelling and grammar.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2013, 08:20:34 am »

So our little DnD Group have decided to "Downgrade" from 4e to Pathfinder....
Craziest story that has come from this since we started...

UNDERSTANDING CHARACTER CREATION!!! :P
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2013, 01:31:58 pm »

Yeah... As much as I love 3.5, the character creation is kinda crazy.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2013, 02:07:49 pm »

Heh, once I built a Centaur fighter (large size character) using the Money Grip feat from Complete Warrior to wield a huge-sized Fullblade from the Arms and Equipment guide. It did 4d8 base damage, plus strength and a half, which I think was 12. The attack penalties added up to be comparable to dual-wielding, but it was worth it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2013, 06:07:36 am »

This isn't an in-game story, but the result was pretty crazy, and is still one of my favorite character designs.

A number of years back, my brother was playing in a Rifts: Phase World campaign. The GM was really into this major NPC of the setting, Thraxis, who is basically a demigod who is also the richest character in the setting, and had imported a D&D character of his own and her patron goddess, and effectively the campaign was all about the NPCs, with the PCs being relatively pointless. So my brother, having had his previous character die during an invasion of nasty opponents that the NPCs then killed, came to me with a request: "Help me make the most insane and twinkish character you can come up with via the rules."

Well, I couldn't say no to that. I remembered a few interesting rules snippets I'd seen when reading various sourcebooks, and had been intending to make this character anyways, so I gladly donated him to the cause.

You see, Rifts is a game involving transdimensional displacement, and the setting actively encourages bringing characters from other games over - especially other games by the same publisher. There was even a conversion book created specifically for this purpose! And one of the other games they published was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now, TMNT had a number of sourcebooks for it as well, and the rules weren't quite the same for the two, and we exploited that for all it was worth...

So, in the end, we had a level one cockroach-sized super-speed psychic triceratops who could time travel, breathe in space, fly around like a bullet, cast spells, heal people, punch through starship hulls, had more MDC than most ancient dragons, giant mechs, or small starships, could still effectively only be hit on a natural 20, and could get away with annoying the GM's pet character because any retaliation against her ardent worshiper would have made her look like an utter tool. We stuck him in a personalized mech suit and let him loose to much hilarity.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2013, 08:04:56 am »

This isn't an in-game story, but the result was pretty crazy, and is still one of my favorite character designs.

A number of years back, my brother was playing in a Rifts: Phase World campaign. The GM was really into this major NPC of the setting, Thraxis, who is basically a demigod who is also the richest character in the setting, and had imported a D&D character of his own and her patron goddess, and effectively the campaign was all about the NPCs, with the PCs being relatively pointless. So my brother, having had his previous character die during an invasion of nasty opponents that the NPCs then killed, came to me with a request: "Help me make the most insane and twinkish character you can come up with via the rules."

Well, I couldn't say no to that. I remembered a few interesting rules snippets I'd seen when reading various sourcebooks, and had been intending to make this character anyways, so I gladly donated him to the cause.

You see, Rifts is a game involving transdimensional displacement, and the setting actively encourages bringing characters from other games over - especially other games by the same publisher. There was even a conversion book created specifically for this purpose! And one of the other games they published was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now, TMNT had a number of sourcebooks for it as well, and the rules weren't quite the same for the two, and we exploited that for all it was worth...

So, in the end, we had a level one cockroach-sized super-speed psychic triceratops who could time travel, breathe in space, fly around like a bullet, cast spells, heal people, punch through starship hulls, had more MDC than most ancient dragons, giant mechs, or small starships, could still effectively only be hit on a natural 20, and could get away with annoying the GM's pet character because any retaliation against her ardent worshiper would have made her look like an utter tool. We stuck him in a personalized mech suit and let him loose to much hilarity.
Personalised character sheet and more tales of Booldemug. PLEASE.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2013, 08:25:05 am »

Personalised character sheet and more tales of Booldemug. PLEASE.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2013, 08:31:13 am »

I remember one of my early long-running campaigns. I was playing an elven druid/Master of Many Forms, and towards the end of the campaign (IIRC) we fought a dire shark.

I got the idea to let the shark eat me and then Wild Shape into a scrag to give it internal damage from the rapidly expanding food. This didn't work, so I just tore my way out. This lead to me getting shot by one of my friends (seeing as this was the first time I had ever Wild Shaped).

I didn't get XP for my crazy plan, distracting/attacking the shark, or getting shot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2013, 10:35:46 am »

One of my players in Traveller played as an Aslan (a lion-humanoid alien). Humans in the setting didn't know his species existed, so he disguised himself as a guy in a lion costume.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9