Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Crazy D&D Stories  (Read 51634 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Crazy D&D Stories
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2013, 06:47:40 pm »

I was just looking through TVTropes, and came across Power Perversion Potential, and I noticed some D&D rules abuse that led to something hilarious/gross/awesome in /tg/.

Summary: They go spelunking. (NSFW)

It's just as awesome a read as Old Man Henderson, and the Henderson Scale of Plot Derailment.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2013, 07:23:10 pm »

I just remembered a good one. Basically, it was the most Hollywood-esque way to end, but a game of Last Night on Earth (Zombie board game with some RPG elements, playing cards), one of my characters was the Sheriff's Son, and he was armed with a pistol, as well as a good handful of cards that allow a re-roll check to ensure the weapon is still in functional order (or a gun still has ammo).

Well, after splitting a horde of zombies  between my characters to give the other player some help, the Sheriff's Son decided to lock himself in the gun shop that permitted guaranteed rolls for guns, or something. Well, I was trapped, and shooting down about 2 of several zombies before I rolled under the mark (weapon dies), and thanks to an ability or collected revive weapon card, I would imagine that the poor kid broke a gun locker, rummaged through every gun in it, broke another, and so on until nothing was left to break (including the guns). I never thought the horror movie in my head would actually have a responsible gun shop in it, causing the death of someone who could've needed the convenience of everything pre-loaded and ready to take on anything (ala L4D or any other zombiecore flick).

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that 1/4 guns actually fired, and 1/2 of them actually killed their targets. The gun shop was covered by at least a dozen zombies. My brother milked that moment for every bit it was worth (within game rules, naturally). Annoying, but hilarious round, nonetheless.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:32:06 pm by Itnetlolor »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2013, 07:29:08 pm »

The OP says other systems are allowed, so I'll share a little tidbit I found from the SJGames forums.

In GURPS, there's a spell called Stop Bleeding. Much like it sounds, casting it on someone who is bleeding will... make them stop bleeding immediately. Real mind-blowing stuff, I know.

The real fun part is this one specific group's crit tables. Roll an 18 on Stop Bleeding? You accidentally cast Finish Bleeding instead. I'm sure you can imagine what that entails. The poster said he's only ever seen one casting not critically fail. I'd like to have sat in on that game.

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2013, 08:18:55 pm »

I am aware that it is crazy long, but this is the most amazing D&D story that I have ever heard.

I am halfway through this and my mind was blown an 1/8th of the way through.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2013, 09:06:44 pm »

I would discuss Grognor, but 102% of his actions are to terrible to mention.  His entire person came about when he rolled a one on his first roll, a grapple check, and grabbed himself.

He did at one point row a stolen ship with its own mast upstream on a river of burning alcohol, mush to the lamentations of all other party members.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 09:08:21 pm »

Am I the only one reading this and thinking that somebody should set up a 3.5/pathfinder campaign? I don't see any up at the moment... :)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 09:11:01 pm »

PTW.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2013, 09:24:05 pm »

Hells yes PTW.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2013, 09:37:58 pm »

Am I the only one reading this and thinking that somebody should set up a 3.5/pathfinder campaign? I don't see any up at the moment... :)
Heh, I'm planning on doing so in the near future again.

Thing is, it'll be Europe time based, going at 2 pm on Sundays or something.

Ooouch, being awake that early would hurt. :(

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 01:17:42 am »

I am aware that it is crazy long, but this is the most amazing D&D story that I have ever heard.
I was kinda expecting that, at the end, Hassan would go crazy and everything would fall apart. Years would pass, most the party would be dead, but Hassan would be standing by his stall, selling used camels with some hopes of getting back all that was lost buried beneath the crazy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 01:19:23 am »

I am not sure if the most crazy one I had... would be the one where Flying termites at everyone's clothes until they were completely naked

Or it would be the Barfight where everyone kept tripping over food, kegs, mugs, and stools.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2013, 01:37:25 am »

this is how the conversation with the GM went:
"If I roll a Nat20 right now can i learn how to fly?"
"yeah sure whatever."
*Roll nat20*
"Fuck you Ricky"

And that's how my barbarian goliath learned how to fly.

And basically every session of Paranoia that I've ever played.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2013, 01:38:50 am »

Maybe I'm the NOFUNALLOWED DM, but I never really let my players do something incredibly extraordinary for rolling a twenty. I just tell them they did what they were trying to do very well without any problems.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2013, 01:57:29 am »

me and my freinds started our first ever game. I am DMing on 3.5
our cast of players are
a Japanese Robotcatgirl ranger (my freind is creapy(it some kind of golem-cyborg thing))
a colosal orc/ogre/human hybrid barbairian who eats children and has an insanely huge family who we keep bumping into
a Gnome possesed by a sentient fungus that bends people perceptions so he is imposible to notice
a stone giant rapper ranger named the Notorius BIG
and a Dwarf supreamist wizard bassed of a serbian warcriminal who tried to cleans a remot area of elves during a large scale goblin incursion. also he has a missing leg that was bitten of by mobby dick

the main plot involves them trying to stop a group of cultest who are trying to restore Cthulhu and his ilk to the world.
the main Enemy is currently a Cleric by the name of dyyd who they currently beleave is dead. he is extreamly anoying and mildly insane. As they met him in a town where he promissed them 13000 gold to rid the sewers of gnolls (had the done a knowledge check they would have found Gnolls were extinct on the contanint and the town had no Sewers) anyway he lured them to an ally where he ran into a house and they were compleatly surounded by "Thugies" humans with 6 hp and wooden clubs. any way after chasing him through town and killing scores of thugies (mor kept jumping out at them) they classed him to the town statue wher they cornered hip and he disapeared in a cloud of smoke.
all my players took an instant dislike to Dyyd and by that i ment they hatted him with a passion and he became there main goal however he was randomly generated with a tool called redblade and was intended to introduce them to a cthulu cult and just be a side show.
here is description made by redblade
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

if anyone can tell me what choochoo powers are that would be great

anyone they tracked him down to an anceint lizardfolk temple where he was using a solar powered death ray (it ussed reflecting mirors to trap sunlight in a mobius loop ) where he incinerated his own folowers and was killed in a fight with the PCs
anyway on taking there deathray to a major island city they insisted on going to their ship was atacked and sunk by moby dick (this is where the dwarf lost his leg) anyway they washed up on shore and moby dick is now spreading fear with his fancy death way.

also on a jaunt to the underdark one of my charcters aquired a cloak of useful items oit of one of the pokets came a mule they then improved it with variose spells (by this time a moth wizard joined the group) and latent magigal energies to turn it into a huge war mule which the moth and the notorious BIG ride.
the next adventure involves the dwarf trying to get revenge on moby dick

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2013, 01:59:14 am »

I only sort of managed to follow that story.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 02:07:39 am by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9