Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: The Grimoire of MAGIC SCIENCE  (Read 7714 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Grimoire of MAGIC SCIENCE
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2013, 04:46:28 pm »

Draw the time rune we found earlier around her, so as to preserve this specimen until we can find someone or something to bind it more permanently

You DO realize that this would end up speeding "her" time, at least in comparison to the world around her? Wich would make the reverse of your intentions happen - her bleeding out faster than we can re-enter the circle is a very real posibility here. So, a -1 from me.

As for me, I do smell companionquest MK 0.75 - Did we include some healing potions in our spelunking equipment? Draw a circle for ourself, ready our weaponary and give her some healin. Whats the worst that can happen, besides her waking up, being aggressive towards us... and murdering us besides our magical circle....  Ahem. Make sure that the circle is only small enough to cover us, and no-one else. Riight, tying her up before the healing. We did have some rope, if memory serves. Still vouching for the safe option, for all we know she could cast magic - and even so without speaking. Unless our GM delves deeper into demonic magic and the knowledge we have of it.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2013, 04:53:25 pm »

((Oh. I misunderstood what the rune was doing to us.))

+1 to that, then.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2013, 07:39:09 pm »

Bind her, then try to heal her. We brought rope, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2013, 07:56:41 pm »

On second thought, I really would like to inquire what demons represent in this setting. If they are mayhem bent on destruction of the mortal realm, we just as well might bind her, heal her a bit and sell her as reagent. Or combat dummy for other mages. We really do not want to heal her, only to find out that there never was a chance of companionship - or a boon or whatnot positive - happening.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2013, 09:02:06 pm »

Fair enough. Also, is there a D&D-like distinction between "Demon" and "Devil"? For example, would a demon in this scenario be Lawful Evil, or Chaotic Evil? If she's LE, we could make a deal with the devil...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2013, 08:56:18 am »

On second thought, I really would like to inquire what demons represent in this setting.
To be honest, I really don't know. Demons are rare... Or at least, those with sentience are. From what I understand, there are basically two types: The first are little more than animals with strange powers. Hellhounds, imps, that sort of thing. Stupid, but quite vicious, they're found in the more dangerous Dungeons with some regularity. The mostly-human ones though, I've never actually seen in person. They are supposedly both powerful and extremely intelligent, but details beyond that are scarce. Oh, there are stories, plenty of those - but if I believed the peasantry about every threat to the peace of the world, I'd be convinced that every country other than our own was full of violent barbarians who want our wealth.

Oh, and no, I have no healing potions. Unfortunately those are magic, and therefore rather expensive - best I can probably manage is tearing up a few scraps of cloth to bind the worse wounds, unless you have a better idea.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2013, 09:00:14 am »

Best I can probably manage is tearing up a few scraps of cloth to bind the worse wounds, unless you have a better idea.

Well, we might want to cauterize some of her wounds - you know, the really heavily bleeding ones - if she has those - but else it seems worth the risk. So yeah, - Lets do this.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2013, 02:38:51 pm »

If everytrhing is just rumors, even the idea she's evil in any way at all might just be racism. Lets give her the benefit of doubt for now, and help her like we would any othere sentient being.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2013, 03:45:13 pm »

Best I can probably manage is tearing up a few scraps of cloth to bind the worse wounds, unless you have a better idea.

Well, we might want to cauterize some of her wounds - you know, the really heavily bleeding ones - if she has those - but else it seems worth the risk. So yeah, - Lets do this.
+1
Because demonic dealings never go wrong!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2013, 10:33:39 pm »

Yea deals tend to be bad, and trying to get something from someone in order to save their life seems kinda mean, so just help her unconditionally and hope she comes up with the idea to be grateful on her own.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Never forget: The Piper is waiting.
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2013, 11:59:16 pm »

A bit of impromptu first aid - made much easier by my glove, and the flaming crystals nearby - and I've got her wounds... Well, mostly patched up. She's still in bad shape, but not losing blood at least. I probably shouldn't try moving her any more than I absolutely have to though, and the exit to this place is nowhere to be seen yet. Ah well, I can't imagine the Dungeon will throw too much more at me, so the way out should be-

From Below, the First, paid in flame.
To earn her gift, but speak her name.

-easy enough to find. Probably a puzzle or something at the exit if the dungeon divers I've overheard at the local tavern are to be trusted, but nothing too difficult in one as benign as this.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2013, 12:09:42 am »

Notice that we had written down an odd passage in our Grimoire

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2013, 06:39:25 am »

Notice that we had written down an odd passage in our Grimoire
Sounds like a plan. If this fails, could we wake her up?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2013, 02:23:04 pm »

Odd passage? No, there's nothing like that in here. Only my account of my exploration, and my notes so far. What kind of odd passage?

As for the girl... Possibly, but given that treating her wounds with red-hot gems didn't cause so much as a stir, I don't think that would be wise. Anything that could wake her would likely open up the burned-shut gashes again. Sleep is likely the best thing for her at the moment, even if it isn't a particularly comfortable place to rest.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2013, 02:30:51 pm »

Worth a shot.

Search her for ID or something. Wonder if we're going about this too literally.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9