Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: The Grimoire of MAGIC SCIENCE  (Read 7713 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: The Grimoire of MAGIC SCIENCE
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2013, 09:15:34 am »

Oooh, like with the pressure? Yes, yes, that should work! Make a small air pocket to make it slightly compressible, then make narrow tube with a tightly fitting plunger on a screw, that lets you very carefully alter it's volume, and thus pressure, by rotating a knob. Would give it  nice steampunk look to for actual legitimate reasons.

One thing we should look into is how the fact it needs to look an extremely short distance into the future, seconds (or fractions of a second) instead of days, might make the whole thing cheaper and/or easier.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2013, 08:39:57 am »

* dragnar would like to note that, while the theorizing is quite fun and all, no one has actually suggested anything to do, and we can't exactly make magic items while in a dungeon. :P
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2013, 08:41:47 am »

Walk into the circle.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2013, 03:42:15 pm »

Retrieve the now-glowing rock, and see if anything happens to it.
Soaplent green is goblins!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2013, 04:51:10 pm »

It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2013, 09:05:34 am »

Deciding to throw caution to the wind for the sake of progress, I step into the magic circle. The same glow spreads to surround me as well, and...

Uh. Nothing happens? Wait, no, not quite: The sand just stopped flowing through both of my hourglasses, Or at the least, is moving slowly enough that I can't see it. Strange, the circle doesn't appear to be using any sort of temporal magic... Though admittedly I can't state that with complete confidence just yet.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2013, 09:12:02 am »

Let's try stepping back out and see if the hourglass restarts itself.

Also, check to see if we're glowing now.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2013, 01:28:43 pm »

Let's try stepping back out and see if the hourglass restarts itself.

Also, check to see if we're glowing now.
+1. If it is, write down the design with any instruments we happen to have of just memorize it if we don't.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2013, 07:28:19 am »

Stepping outside the circle does not immediately return the hourglass to normal - and a quick glance down reveals that the glow did indeed cover me as well upon entering - but the sand does begin to flow again. Slowly at first, but quickly speeding as the glow fades. I copy down the design just to be safe, though my memory would probably be plenty.

...What was that? Something just echoed through the chamber from up ahead, and it sounds distressingly like an explosion. I could probably avoid whatever it was if I take the southern path, but it might be worth looking into.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2013, 07:37:27 am »

((You make such intriguing game dragnar. PTW.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2013, 07:59:29 am »

Hm...some kind of time-changing circle? Excellent...

Check out the explosion. Carefully.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2013, 09:18:01 pm »

OOC post time: Gah! Sorry for the delay, RL has been rather busy and frustrating as of late. I'll try to have an update up tomorrow, and a reasonable update schedule should resume by the end of the week at the worst.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2013, 09:22:01 pm »

Hm...some kind of time-changing circle? Excellent...

Check out the explosion. Carefully.
+1.

IT'S ALIVE! Yes! This game is fun!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2013, 02:07:24 pm »

########
#      #    ######## ############
#      #    #      # #        @ #
#      ######   _  ### ####### ##
#                      #    #* ##
################ ##### #    #-&*#
               # #          ##-##
               # #           ###
                 #
               ###
Health: Good   Mana: Decent Inventory weight: 5/15   Armor: Mundane(Light)

Yeah, definitely an explosion. Hard to say what this room looked like before, but it's more like a hollowed out crater now. Flames are still licking at the edges of the room, burning on shards of the red crystals left behind by the explosion. But a bit more importantly... There's someone here. A woman to be exact, with blood-red skin and a pair of sharp horns. It doesn't really take a mage to tell you what she is, but how she got here is a bit harder to explain.

...Normally I'd be a good deal more worried to see a real demon in what's supposed to be a relatively safe Dungeon, but it's hard to be scared of someone who's passed out face-down in the middle of a crater with burns all over them. I'm not an expert on demon physiology or anything, but those wounds look likely to be fatal if left alone.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2013, 04:28:27 pm »

Draw the time rune we found earlier around her, so as to preserve this specimen until we can find someone or something to bind it more permanently

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9