Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is your view on quantum stockpiles? (Namely the Minecart Stop) Please explain.

I can't live without them!
- 18 (41.9%)
I think it's an exploit, but I use them anyway. I hope they replace it with something else.
- 13 (30.2%)
I think they are important, but I don't use them.
- 6 (14%)
I think it is tantamount to cheating, I hope they get phased out soon.
- 2 (4.7%)
What are quantum stockpiles?
- 4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Curiosity about Quantum Stockpiles  (Read 2102 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Curiosity about Quantum Stockpiles
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 06:32:26 pm »

Quantum stockpiles are the best things ever! Even back in 2D I was always trying to cram things together as much as possible.

I can't believe I didn't think to do that instead of taking the time to build decent/secure magma dump sites.
Now that you can dump items without having to go through the dump menu and coordinate the active dump zones, I find myself setting up proper magma dumps more often. I like to see what weird thing I can make this time, and having a practical reason to play with moving minecarts and throw stuff into the SMR is mentally stimulating.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]