Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55289 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #270 on: July 22, 2013, 09:53:51 pm »

'nuther bump. Come in, Persus.
Sorry, real life has moved the computer i normally use to post turns into my parent's room. I'll get a turn up by tomorrow morning on my laptop or on my normal computer.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:10 pm »

Take your time. Life happens. I'm just glad we haven't become an orphan thread yet.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2013, 10:32:22 am »

With my physical form and my prophet, begin curing diseases in the village and converting anyone I can!
Also, if possible, impede Zarut's actions with divine multitasking and power!
(3) You start by curing colds and small fevers
(3) One of Zarut's actions get a -1 this turn.

Spoiler: On'li (click to show/hide)

I can work with this.
Start making statues that kill people that are on my list of enemies. Then send my followers to convert people.
Murder the assassin's guild using birds of prey. And then erect more trees in where the bodies fell.
(2) You create a statue, just a regular statue. (2) Your followers are sleeping after their party.
(3) You summon an eagle. (5) It swoops down and kills a member of the assassin's guild. (1) You summon a writer and get angry at yourself for making another typo.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

"You are killing them because they worship jealousy and that is against our religion so now kill them!"
Kill the remaining followers of the god of jealousy because they foolishly left their temple and are now out in the open. Also, if they all die/get injured, take over the temple so it would be dedicated to me.
You give a speech, (4) galvanizing your followers into action. They charge towards the enemy. Then you send down lightning that fries the remaining followers of jealousy and injures 2 of your followers. (3) Your followers enter the temple and begin burning everything that had to do with the god of jealousy.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

Prophet: Repeat last action.God dammit -.-
Merchants: Last action, but convert those who dislike/are neutral about there current religion.
Assassin's Guild: If numbers are equal/favorable, stand and fight using superior agility to win, if not RUN LIKE HELL!!.
Town watch wives: Last action.
Zarut: Plant MORE holy thoughts about Zarut in the minds of the bishops and such of the other gods.

(4) Your prophet heads to the town square to preach about prostitution. (2) "Dude, prostitution is awesome and stuff, yeah." You wonder that maybe having your prophet preach was a bad idea.
(2) Your merchants take a break
The assassin's guild have about 5 guys, 4 now that an eagle just swooped down and killed one of them. (4 vs. 2) They try to run, but the mob catches them so they turn and fight. (3 vs. 6) The mob kills all of the assassins, with only a few injuries in return.
(6-1) The town watch is converted.
(2) Nope.

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

Summon a pair of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booby to add +2 persuasion to my prophet, and to any I chose for the holy birds to alight upon.
Prophet: continue artistic endeavor, chatting up anyone who will listen, as long as said discussions do not impede the production of the holy book.
Boobs: contact a ... worthy ... pair of candidates. Convince the lady to whom they are attached to join the cause. Request from Persus 13 a spoiler with the current condition of our followers.

(5) Two birds show up, each add +1 persuasion to your prophet
(4) Your prophet gets to work, but (2) hits artist's block
(4) You find a well-endowed lady. (1) The visions you give her drive her insane. (Only in this RTD do you have a 1 in 6 chance of riving your followers insane. Unless your gods name is Cthulhu, in case you have a 5 out of 6 chance)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MOAR ROCK FOR THE ROCK GOD! GIVE THEM MOAR ROCK POWER AND FORCE THEM TO USE IT! TEMPT THEM WITH BITCHES AND DRUGS!
(2) They decide not to do moar rock. (6) You then give them more rock power, which transforms them so they look like KISS. (3) They then start using they're rock power at a moderate level when you mention drugs and women.

Spoiler: Doh Ray Me (click to show/hide)

*sigh*

Fix my prophet's blindness, and continue with the booze plan, expect with blackjack and hookers now too.
(3) Your prophet can see, but needs glasses to see clearly.
(3) Your prophet puts a sign out front saying free booze! (2) No one seems interested.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

The Rider: Enslave the ghosts to do my bidding and send them to protect my prophet.
Prophet: Cause all of the horses to stampede into the angry mob.

(4) you enslave 3 ghosts and send them off.
(2) Your prophet tries, but there doesn't seem to be any horse near enough. Then the ghosts show up. (2) The mob doesn't notice them.

Spoiler: The Rider (click to show/hide)

Have my profit speak to the crowd that has gathered to hear Marley and Wailers play so the finest damn reggae around, then have my prophet speak to the people of how great I am and how I offer free ganja to all who would follow me.

Forgo the airdrop of weed this time and have the young lordling preach to his uncle about this great new religion in town.

Send mana from heaven aka weed lolipops and have the rest of my flock spread out throughout the town giving them out for free to anyone and everyone, saying simply "Ganja loves you! You should learn to love it him too."

(4) Marley and the Wailers sets up in the town square. (5) "You need Ganja" is looking like a hit. (3) then your prophet stands up. "Do you need Ganja?" (5) "Yes, yes, yes" the crowd seems open to conversion.
(4) The young lord goes to tell his uncle about this new religion. (6) The uncle is converted, but points out that the family disinherits those who do not follow the Cult of VTM.
(1) You airdrop weeds like dandelions and Bermuda grass on the town. You realize that maybe you should have been more specific.

Spoiler: Ganja (click to show/hide)

Smite him again.
Then move to Khor's village and get a prophet there.
Then proclaim that I am actually Khor and Khor is an impostor who's been needlessly wasting human lives.

IT'S A FOOLPROOF PLAN
(5) You incinerate your prophet with lightning then head to Khor's village. (4) One of Khr's injuured begins babbling about how Khor's wasting lives. (1) He then dies from either his wound, or because a follower of Khor poisoned him.

Dog-Prophet: devour squirrel, gain supernatural power of squirrel compulsion.
Teenage Apprentice: become successful insane mime.

(5) Your prophet eats the squirrel, (3) and can now make squirrels do his will from 1 foot away.
(1) The apprentice's master shows up and whips him before making him go back to work.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

(I think I'm going to count myself out of this, I'm afraid.)
The book of angel is enveloped in fire and becomes ashes, as a booming voice yells "I quit!"

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:02:15 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT (New turn!)
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2013, 10:35:37 am »

Dog-Prophet: convert wolves of the area to the ways of Lupus!
Insane Apprentice: practice mimecraft while master isn't looking.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2013, 10:43:40 am »

/try and make statues that kill the things on my list again. Make my followers preach.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2013, 10:53:16 am »

DAMNIT. GIVE THESE MEWLING CRETINS A VISION OF WHAT TRUE ROCKSTARDOM CAN GRANT THEM! NAMELY, BOOZE AND BITCHES. COMMAND THEM (ACCOMPANIED BY SWEET GUITAR SOLO) TO CONVERT THE INFIDELS TO THE WAY OF ROCK.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2013, 11:23:56 am »

Hey GWG, that -1 you gave me helped me avoid some total BS, Thanks!

Prophet: Give up on trying covert the populace and train the falcon to help with his converting (preferable +2).
Merchants: Last action, and pay the writer. Also try to get the book to be published/mass produced.
Assassin's Guild: If numbers are equal/favorable, stand and fight using superior agility to win, if not RUN LIKE HELL!!.
Town watch: Punish the mob for the murders of the Assassin's Guild.
Town watch wives: Gather any and all info about persons of interest in the town from there husbands, including but not limited too, criminals (forgot i converted them all at the start XD), town counsel members, and anyone who has a possible misdemeanor.
Zarut: Plant MORE holy thoughts about Zarut in the minds of the bishops and such of the other gods.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2013, 12:00:40 pm »

Yay! a success. Boo, a critical failure!
Boobs: cure our potential prophetess' insanity. While we are at it, can I attempt two miracles this round? If so, attempt that thing I requested in pm. If not, save it for next round.
Prophet: Go forth to spread the word, with boobies upon thine shoulders!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2013, 01:13:19 pm »

Roll a 5, and use it to convert the town. If I roll a 6 or a 4, grudgingly use them instead.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:46:47 pm by Chink »

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2013, 01:28:43 pm »

Roll a 5, and use it to convert the town.
*rolls a 4* Nope
Or even better
*rolls a 6* You convert the whole town to a rival religion, what a swell guy!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 03:10:34 pm by BeforeLifer »
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 23, 2013, 01:28:50 pm »

Srsly, try to hijack some of Khor's followers and turn them against the rest using the previous plan. Failing that, smite everything.

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 23, 2013, 01:50:37 pm »

The temple itself is made of stone and I can just wait the fire to go out right?
Heal my followers and then warn them about the evil god trying to impersonate me.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:55:18 pm by cattouchdis »
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 23, 2013, 02:37:49 pm »

The temple itself is made of stone and I can just wait the fire to go out right?
Warn my followers about an evil god trying to turn them against me while healing my injured.
"Lord? Do you mean an evil god trying to heal our injred? Or do you mean you will heal our injured?
Sigtext

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 23, 2013, 02:55:15 pm »

Warn my followers about an evil god trying to turn them against me while healing my injured.
"Lord? Do you mean an evil god trying to heal our injred? Or do you mean you will heal our injured?
I'll just change it so that I heal them and then warn them because I don't want them to associate me healing them with the evil god.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2013, 03:16:30 pm »

Hey GWG, that -1 you gave me helped me avoid some total BS, Thanks!
*grumble angrily*

Impede Zarut's actions without helping him.
Plant holy thoughts of On'Li in the minds of assorted downtrodden people.
Because cheating this way seems effective.
Continue healing the sick and preaching.
Attempt to gather the converted in one place to meet, in part so I can gauge their numbers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33