Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55305 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #210 on: July 11, 2013, 02:02:15 pm »

Smite Zarut's eagle if he gets one. No one is stealing my thing.

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2013, 02:09:37 pm »

The Rider: The Rider will grant his Prophet dominion over the village's horses.
Prophet: Use newfound powers to hide the horses away and tell the villagers that if they do not worship The Rider, then their horses will never return to them.

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 11, 2013, 08:19:32 pm »

Take my followers jealousy onto me so they no longer have it(Or give it to the followers of the god of Jealousy so that they are breaking my laws even more) and give their ranged weaponry to my followers so that they are trapped in the temple without a way to kill my followers. Also have some people get healing for the wounded.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2013, 02:18:45 pm »

Invest Marley and the four most musically talented of my followers with even greater musical ability and command my five chosen to sing/preach in the town square.

Figure out if any of the rest of my followers own farmland or know of any unowned farmland nearby and have 99%begin to plant the holy crop.

Have the remaining percentage survey the village and figure whose my major religious competitor in the town and how many souls live here.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:20:34 pm by luvmonke »

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2013, 10:26:52 am »

Bump
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2013, 10:48:14 am »

i was working on the turn a few days ago, but my internet was being weird. I'll get it up soon.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2013, 11:44:01 am »

Give them the power of rock and have them use this power to convert people.
(6) You give your prophet and his disciple the power to control stone and make rock music. (2) They promptly amuse themselves by levitating stones around.

Spoiler: Doh Ray Me (click to show/hide)

Q'r'sh: Tell the prophet that On'li orders his followers to kick kittens. Also ritual abduction and murder and human sacrifice and stuff.
(2) "But my lord Q'r'sh, we kick and murder kittens all the time, what's wrong with that?"

Spoiler: Q'r'sh (click to show/hide)

Look at your house. Now back to me. Now look at your house. Now back to me. You can see me! Why? Because the whole village is now on drugs. Everything is possible when you're a follower of AAAAAAAAAAAA. Now walk that dinosaur!
(4) The household complies with walking the dinosaur.

Spoiler: AAAAAAAAAAAA (click to show/hide)

Lupus: empower the teenage apprentice's voice to let it obliterate standing structures when he sings.
Dog-Prophet: convert dogs of the area with your mad skills in landscape artistry.

(4) You succeed. (4-1) He wonders why that glass just broke when he sang.
(6) The Dog-prophet decides to paint an epic master(1)-squirrel!

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

Attract an artist to become my holy book producing prophet. Have her begin drawing.
(3) You send an artist a dream. He wakes up wondering what it meant.

I attempt to secretly annoy someone into attacking my village. Then squids.
(4) A small force of Nainites from the neighboring kingdom are given inspiration to attack your village. (2) a bunch of regular squids fall from the sky. The nainites grab the squids as part of their loot.

Spoiler: Ooogleboog (click to show/hide)

Spike the town's water supplies with drugs. MAAAGGIIIC drugs that reveal the truth of ME to all who take them. If that doesn't work, start giving everyone in the town free booze, and have my prophet start selling a perfect hangover cure.
(1) Your prophet doesn't like drugs. His daughter died of an overdose of them a year ago. (4) He likes the booze idea though, he wants you to get the booze though.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

"Across the broken multiverse, in each world within infinity, billions cry out for redemption and cleansing, and we shall be the ones who give them what they wish for." - The Book of Angel.

When the tax collecter reads the book, come to him in a vision. Attempt to enter his mind and change the innate desire for order that humans have to an zealous level, then ask him if he wishes to join the Angel in order to create true order.
(1) The tax collector falls on hard times and has to sell much of his book collection. (2) Your book falls of the cart along the way to the market. (3) A child picks it up and decides to show it to his illiterate parents.

Spoiler: Angel (click to show/hide)

Cure my prophet's insanity--again--whilst informing Zarut that his third strike has been revoked.
Manifest a divine avatar in the form of a brilliantly blue dragon, and demand that the heathens convert!
(2) You fail to cure your prophet's fits of insanity
(3) You manifest in the form of a blue person. (Hey, it worked for Vishnu) No one seems to notice you.

Prophet: Preach in the town square how there is nothing wrong with prostitution and what is said about it is lies spread by the infidels who oppose the all powerful Zarut(aka convert).I swear to god if this guy doesn't do what I want for once I'm going to smite him next turn -.-
Merchant: Keep selling wares and converting, but only attempt to convert those without religion. Also pay the writer his installment.
Assassin's Guild: Get away and sneak back to the guild to prepare for the hit.
Prostitutes: Attempt to seduce convert the town watch.
Zarut: Summon a large holy eagle to land on my Prophets shoulders as he preaches to awe the listeners into converting..

(1) Your prophet decides to get some hands on experience with prostitution first. (3) When he sees the town watch he leaves for the square.
(4) Your merchant continues to make profits (4) and converts a few customers. But no one is without a religion in the village. (4) the writer gets his installment
(4 vs. 4) The assassins try and get away from the crowd, but the mob keeps up with them.
(4) The prostitutes comply. (6) The town watch are seduced by the prostitutes and promptly confiscate the prostitutes and marry them.
(3) A falcon lands on the prophet's shoulder. (6) It and the prophet bond instantly.

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

The rest of the turn:

The Rider: The Rider will grant his Prophet dominion over the village's horses.
Prophet: Use newfound powers to hide the horses away and tell the villagers that if they do not worship The Rider, then their horses will never return to them.

(4) your prophet can control horses (3) He causes 5 horses to hide away. (2) He decides to wait to tell the villagers until he gets hold of the rest.

Spoiler: The Rider (click to show/hide)

Take my followers jealousy onto me so they no longer have it(Or give it to the followers of the god of Jealousy so that they are breaking my laws even more) and give their ranged weaponry to my followers so that they are trapped in the temple without a way to kill my followers. Also have some people get healing for the wounded.
(1) You accidentally make them even more jealous. (5) however, the bows and arrows of the followers of jealousy appear in the hands of your followers. (4) They use them to shoot the followers of jealousy, killing or injuring the 10 on the roof. (6) Several people pray to you to heal the wounded. (5) the wounded don't die, yet

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

Invest Marley and the four most musically talented of my followers with even greater musical ability and command my five chosen to sing/preach in the town square.

Figure out if any of the rest of my followers own farmland or know of any unowned farmland nearby and have 99%begin to plant the holy crop.

Have the remaining percentage survey the village and figure whose my major religious competitor in the town and how many souls live here.
(3) The 5 gifted followers gain the ability to play and sing at the same time. (1) Marley and Pals decides to go and have a jam session. (3) Their song they are making, called you need Ganja isn't bad but needs work.
(6) One of the followers is the son of a rich lord who is in town. He'll inherit part of the kingdom when his dad dies.
(1) The rest of the followers prefer to hold a party than survey the village.

Spoiler: Ganja (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 11:55:01 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2013, 11:51:32 am »

Teenage Apprentice: dance and sing through town. They'll probably enjoy that.
Dog-Prophet: Set out to convert other dogs already!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2013, 11:52:47 am »

Prompt my prophet and disciple to put on a concert for the masses. And convert them all.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2013, 11:53:02 am »

"If one method doesn't work, that doesn't mean it cannot work in a different context." - The Book of Angel.

Brainwash the parents if they look at the book. The reading of the book helps, but at this point it'd be good to leave nothing to chance.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2013, 11:55:39 am »

I hit post halfway through working on the turn by mistake. The rest of the turns are up.
Sigtext

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »

How on earth did I get that one prophet?

Nyeh, screw the violence. I set up a wall of squiddyness around the village, and command everyone inside it to do the macarena!

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2013, 12:12:04 pm »

Prophet: Repeat last action.Since he has the eagle now I won't smite him lol
Merchants: Last action, but convert those who dislike/are neutral about there current religion.
Assassin's Guild: Keep running, and if necessary incapacitate the chasers using some form of ranged weapon (daggers, smoke bomb, est).
Town watch wives: Now that they have power over the town watch, convert them.
Zarut: Plant holy thoughts about Zarut in the minds of the bishops and such of the other gods, to get them to question there current faith.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2013, 12:20:34 pm »

Get the entire village on drugs with DIVINE INTERVENTION. If AAAAAAAAAAAA says a village is on drugs, the village is on drugs.

The followers shall now proceed to convert drugged up villagers while being on drugs themselves.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2013, 12:21:21 pm »

How on earth did I get that one prophet?

Nyeh, screw the violence. I set up a wall of squiddyness around the village, and command everyone inside it to do the macarena!

You automatically start with one.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33