Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55170 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2013, 05:40:29 pm »

Your holy book is going to suck.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2013, 05:56:38 pm »

Ah well, if it does i can always do what Christianity did and write a new one lol.
And at least ill have one :P

Oh btw, in case your wounder the name for my god is the Darven word for insanity lol
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2013, 06:10:51 pm »

Grant my old farmer prophet great youth, strength, and charisma, then order him to go out into the world and preach.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2013, 06:41:22 pm »

Your really pissing of the brothel owner and the merchant. If you want to make a holy book, you need some rules first besides discounted prostitutes.

The Two Commandments of Zarut, as passed down from the heavens to undeserving mortals:
  • Brothel owners, thou shalt always give generous discounts to the faithful.
  • Other than that, do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
It's a low-maintenance religion, perfect for the man on the go.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2013, 06:51:52 pm »

"How annoying. I should have picked better followers... Less liable for heresy."

Give a vision of the world of order and peace that will be brought to any soldiers in the village, then tell them that the only way this world can be brought about is via the first order I was meant to give, but SOMEONE (Looking at you, random prophet) doesn't get the idea of religion.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2013, 01:04:38 pm »

Let's stick with On'Li for the name.

As for how to follow me: Have my prophet preach about the dangers of following such depraved deities as Zarut (or whoever the local deity is) and offer to cure anyone of maladies from such depravity.

Do so.
You impart to her in a vision your name, and tell her to preach about the dangers of Zarut (6) The prostitute eagerly complies, giving a long speech on the depravities of Zarut and cheap prostitutes, and describing how prostitutes are kidnapped and often forced into the business, and then they often spread diseases, and describing how the first followers of Zarut were thugs and assassins. (5) Everyone on the square gives a roar of approval and marches off to burn down Zarut's brothel, yelling "cheap prostitutes are sinful, On'Li will save us. (6) Your prophet also cures everyone with an STD and they go off to celebrate. (1 vs. 3) As the slightly reduced mob approaches the brothel they are stopped by the sight of an angry brothel owner and a big muscular man with a club.

Spoiler: On'li (click to show/hide)

My followers shall publish the book. One will also go out and preach. If attacked, fill the preacher with great strength and send a giant bird of prey to help.
(4) The historian heads to a publisher, (4) who agrees to publish the book. (3) An Account of the Matyrdom of the Prophet of Odessy sells pretty well, giving your followers some much-needed cash, but no converts. (1) One servant gets sent out to preach but finds some old friends who convince him to run off and join them in following the God of Partying.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

Teach dog-prophet to paint disturbing pictures of the end of the world - a great age of immense cold to come in the far, far future.
(5) The dog does so. (3) The teenage apprentice who adopted your prophet dog makes some extra cash off his dog artist.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

"You shall forgo all jealousy, in such case as you feel like you might be jealous, pray to me and I will take it on to myself. You shall always use common sense, except when I tell you to do something that goes against common sense, then you follow what I said without question. As soon as possible, you should learn to be literate if not already, and all followers of me should be literate for when we eventually have a holy book. These are my wishes, and they may be updated at a later time."

After telling them how they are to worship me, try to have to new converts to the god of Jealousy  faith swayed over to me so that I could have people in their cult when we eventually have to fight for control of the village.
(5) Your followers immediately follow your commandments (3) The illiterate ones start paying for reading lessons. (6) you convert the 30 new converts but (6) the followers of the god of jealousy convert 30 of your own followers, leaving you in the exact same position as when you started. (3) you discover that the followers of the god of jealousy are slowly working their new converts up against you.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

Prophet: Get some respectable clothing.
Cloth Merchant: See if one of the merchants is a book merchant and if so use his connections to contact a writer to write a holy book, publish said book(make up some rules and such for it, want to see what you can come up with).
Assassin's Guild: Carry out the hit, if possible make it as beneficial to the god of Zarut as possible.
Brothel owner: Remove discount for followers of Zarut, but encourage converting.

(2) Your prophet refuses
(5) The cloth merchant approaches one of his friends to see if he can hire a writer. (6) The famous writer KJ Howling is in need of cash and agrees to write you a holy book, but he's demanding about 50 talents of gold (a lot of money) for his skills.
(3) The assassins decide to wait before they carry out the hit, until after the current religious festival going on.
Your brothel owner seems to be too busy trying to stop a mob of chanting people led by a former prostitute from burning down his brothel to follow your orders

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Chink link=topic=128024 .msg4378121#msg4378121 date=1373065851
Grant my old farmer prophet great youth, strength, and charisma, then order him to go out into the world and preach.
(2,3,1) You make him slightly stronger, and now he stutters. (6) Despite the stutter he goes out and preaches (1-1) and is beaten up by some thugs in the service of the your former prophet. (3) Meanwhile that prophet starts on a new self-help book.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

"How annoying. I should have picked better followers... Less liable for heresy."

Give a vision of the world of order and peace that will be brought to any soldiers in the village, then tell them that the only way this world can be brought about is via the first order I was meant to give, but SOMEONE (Looking at you, random prophet) doesn't get the idea of religion.
(3) A soldier wakes up, wondering what his dream of an orderly city led by him means.

Ah well, if it does i can always do what Christianity did and write a new one lol.
And at least ill have one :P

Oh btw, in case your wounder the name for my god is the Darven word for insanity lol
Technically Christianity added on to not wrote a new one. The Bible is actually 66 different books written by about 30 authors? (or something like that number) and is the product of several thousand years. Revelation is only about 1900 years old, and may be closer to today than to when Genesis was written.

Your really pissing of the brothel owner and the merchant. If you want to make a holy book, you need some rules first besides discounted prostitutes.

The Two Commandments of Zarut, as passed down from the heavens to undeserving mortals:
  • Brothel owners, thou shalt always give generous discounts to the faithful.
  • Other than that, do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
It's a low-maintenance religion, perfect for the man on the go.
I guess this makes GWG's religion the anti-prostitution religion. Also, I'm assuming that modern-day problems with prostitution (e.g. slavery, women's rights, and disease) are the same as they were in the ancient world.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2013, 01:09:26 pm »

Send a large bird of prey to help On'li because all gods that like things associated with parties are on my shit list. Have my followers preach in the streets.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »

"We are getting somewhere. I must be subtle, fear of god (As there is only one true God, me, the rest are heretical idols) can be a powerful motivator and a terrible demotivator."

Put in an unseen but likely place for the soldier to find, an old leatherbound book titled the Book of Angel. This book shall teach him how to bring about the world of order, by pledging his alligence to the Angel and obeying his orders.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2013, 01:10:51 pm »

Fix the stuttering, try again.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2013, 01:49:14 pm »

Endow teenage apprentice with incredible charisma, though let it develop gradually as he sells the works of the dog.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »

OPEN THE DOOR

GET ON THE FLOOR

ERRYBODY WALK THE DINOSAUR

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2013, 02:15:32 pm »

Name of god: Ooogleboog
First action for prophet: Be a member of a fair city being invaded. FLYING SQUID ATTACK ON OFFENSIVE ARMY COMMENCES. I shout, "I, OOGLEBOOG, TELL YOU LOT TO SHUT UP AND HAVE YOUR SOULS DEVOURED BY SQUIDS!" I tell the prophet, "Go out, and wave your arms about like an idiot, for I have saved your city and all of my followers must do that at some point of their lives!"

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2013, 03:03:55 pm »

Damnit GWG!!!
THIS MEANS WAR!!

Soon... :3

Prophet: Go out to calm, and if possible convert, the mob at the Brothel.
Cloth Merchant: Pay the merchant to write the book, if not enough money is available work out a deal where the money is payed over time.
Assassin's Guild: Gather more information while the festival is going on.
Brothel owner: Attempt last action if prophet is successful, if not gather more people in case of a brawl.
Zarut: If stuff gets hairy assist via smiting, if not plant holy thoughts in individuals to convert them.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 07:38:09 pm by BeforeLifer »

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »

Have my Prophet go see how much it would cost to hire the Assassin's Guild to take out key people of the god of Jealousy. Also, try to smite the unbelievers who left me to join the god of Jealousy
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2013, 04:49:28 pm »

Have my Prophet go see how much it would cost to hire the Assassin's Guild to take out key people of the god of Jealousy. Also, try to smite the unbelievers who left me to join the god of Jealousy
The services won't come cheap ;)

Oh also, can we also see what village our people are in? Just so we know who we have to screw over.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33