Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55230 times)

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2013, 10:29:54 am »

Brothel: Instead of charging money for there services convert customers, but still charge just enough to make a living.

The faithful receive a 75% discount! Convert today and enjoy the savings!
Lol, thats perfect :D
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2013, 11:21:13 am »

Brothel: Instead of charging money for there services convert customers, but still charge just enough to make a living.

The only problem is when you need to convert the wives. Also, a few ancient Middle Eastern had temple prostitutes, so getting laid by them was a holy and spiritual act. I wonder why it was so popular?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2013, 11:25:00 am »

The only problem is when you need to convert the wives. Also, a few ancient Middle Eastern had temple prostitutes, so getting laid by them was a holy and spiritual act. I wonder why it was so popular?
Ill find a way to get the wives ;), also nowhere did it say that all my prostitutes are women lol.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2013, 11:50:17 am »

Oh nice I already have 1/5th the town converted lol.
It's easy to see who has the advantage. Just wait, though...Bwa ha ha!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:52 am »

It's easy to see who has the advantage. Just wait, though...Bwa ha ha!
Lol and just you wait :P When I get the whole town converted I plan on arming up and preparing for a holy crusade :P

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT (Fail Turn)
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2013, 12:26:42 pm »

Give my prophet RIDICULOUSLY HUGE MUSCLES!!!
(6) Your prophet's muscles grow so big he can barely walk.

Spoiler: Daros (click to show/hide)

Alright, let's test this.
Use the POWER of GOD to make the bear docile, and a pet for my prophet.
(1) The bear kills the prophet before you can tame him. Respawn?

Send my followers to integrate themselves with the town.
(2) They decide that they'll camp where they are for tonight and not go to town until tomorrow.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

Enchant dog-prophet with supreme charisma!
(1) You give him a speech impediment by mistake.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

Enhance my prophet by making him incredibly strong, smart, handsome, and etc., then have him preach to the townfolk, promising the same benefits he gained if they join my cult. Make sure the transformation is flashy, and in a public area.
(1) You make your prophet as ugly as he could possibly be in the eyes of the townspeople. Looks like you have a different standard of beauty than they do. (3) The townspeople decide that you punished him for his arrogance, and decide never to offend the god of humility.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

Prophet: Attempt to repeat last action, also infuse him with holy energy massively improving his otherwise grimy appearance.
Merchant: Continue selling cloth while attempting to convert those without religion, or those who dislike there current one.
Assassin's Guild: Learn about who wants who murdered, focus on leaders of the other religions in town.

Just noticed this but I'm taking a much more indirect route with my converting lol.

Also, anybody else imagining there prophets preaching in the voice of the talos priests lol?
(1) The thug prophet decides that his clothes aren't dirty enough and goes mud-wrestling. (3) However, you manage to get a few bloodstains out of his robe.
(4) The merchant continues to sell cloth, (5) converting the 15 customers that enter his shop.
(4) It appears that the village chieftain wants the high priest of the shrine of Magic and Disease killed. And a young ambitious man wants to bump off the entire council of Elders that advises the chieftain.
(2) The brothel owner doesn't want to lower his rates. It's an elite brothel, so he can charge high prices and get away with it. The high rates also keep drunk and poor locals out making the place slightly more respectable.

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2013, 12:30:28 pm »

I will go and send visions of the deeds I have done to the people of the village while my followers sleep.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2013, 12:33:52 pm »

Stupid bear...

Convert a new prophet in Zarut's town, a prostitute suffering from venereal disease. Cure him/her of said disease.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2013, 12:40:02 pm »

Grant dog-prophet the ability to laugh in a chilling fashion.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2013, 12:55:41 pm »

Order the fallen arrogant prophet to publicly repent, and warn the townsfolk that, if they do not follow me, they will suffer the same fate as my first prophet.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2013, 01:13:26 pm »

Prophet: Repeat last action.
Merchant: Repeat last action, but focus on other shopkeepers.
Assassin's Guild: Attempt to strike a deal for the assassination of the high priest with the conditions being only if it isn't publicly known and that a look alike who is loyal and zealous to Zarut put in his place to subtly convert the followers.
Brothel owner: Convince him to slightly lower rates for followers of Zarut, and keeping current prices for those who don't, while encouraging converting.

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2013, 05:15:34 pm »

Ask the how many are in my village and what the dominant religion here currently is.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2013, 05:41:43 pm »

I will go and send visions of the deeds I have done to the people of the village while my followers sleep.
(4) The next morning the townspeople wake up, wondering why they dreamed of a prophet being executed and a man and his family saved by vultures and a bog.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

Stupid bear...

Convert a new prophet in Zarut's town, a prostitute suffering from venereal disease. Cure him/her of said disease.
(4) Locating the prostitute, you (1) drive her crazy through your visions. (5) She is cured of VD though.

Grant dog-prophet the ability to laugh in a chilling fashion.
(2) You realize that messing with a dog's vocal chords is probably a bad idea. (4) Your prophet is adopted by a teenage apprentice.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

Order the fallen arrogant prophet to publicly repent, and warn the townsfolk that, if they do not follow me, they will suffer the same fate as my first prophet.
(4) The prophet stands on the square, repenting of his arrogance. (1) Unfortunately the townspeople seem to be tired of the prophet's speeches and kick him out of town.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

Prophet: Repeat last action.
Merchant: Repeat last action, but focus on other shopkeepers.
Assassin's Guild: Attempt to strike a deal for the assassination of the high priest with the conditions being only if it isn't publicly known and that a look alike who is loyal and zealous to Zarut put in his place to subtly convert the followers.
Brothel owner: Convince him to slightly lower rates for followers of Zarut, and keeping current prices for those who don't, while encouraging converting.

(1) Your prophet really doesn't want new clothes. He decides to go "inspect" the brothel.
(3) The merchant heads off to gamble in the tavern with some friends, and decides he'll spend some time talking about his new religion. (5) He converts several of his friends. (4) He also makes a little extra money from gambling.
(2) The assassins say that the hit is non-negotiable, only the price and whether they'll take it. (3) They charge a cheaper price than you wanted them to, and go to carry out the hit. (2) Unfortunately the high priest is well-protected.
(6) The brothel owner lowers the rates very slightly for followers of Zarut, and gets deluged by a bunch of people telling him they are followers of you. It's time to separate the wheat from the chaff and make some rules and create customs of worship, and sacrifice rituals, stuff like that.

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

Ask the how many are in my village and what the dominant religion here currently is.
(6) They tell you that only 100 people in the village. (2) Unfortunately, 20 of those left to be converted are fanatical worshipers of the god of Jealousy, who seeks to convert everyone.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

(If this were made into a video-game would you want to play it? Because I think this would make a sweet game.)
Sigtext

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2013, 05:43:59 pm »

CopyCat :P

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2013, 05:51:02 pm »

Teach dog-prophet telepathy!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33