Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55169 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #450 on: August 17, 2013, 06:50:25 pm »

Which could easily be misinterpreted if I wanted to.
Or Ozarck.

Or Ozarck what? I lost the train of thought here.

Edit: you now what,? I think I figured it out. Heh heh heh....

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 19, 2013, 10:01:29 pm »

I'll have the turn up tomorrow.

Also, someone asked why a 6 didn't overshoot. How do you know it didn't overshoot?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 19, 2013, 10:03:11 pm »

Dun dun DUHN!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 19, 2013, 10:42:39 pm »

I had a guy roll a 1 in our game. I told him he got exactly what he asked for. He seemed pleased.

Dun dun DUHN!

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 21, 2013, 10:58:24 am »

Also, someone asked why a 6 didn't overshoot. How do you know it didn't overshoot?
*looks at calender*
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 21, 2013, 11:22:41 am »

Name:I
Prophet's action: Convert family in non-offensive manner
(3+1) Your prophet heads off to convert his family. (1) His family disowns him and kicks him out of the house.

Spoiler: I (click to show/hide)

Drop a bigger chest on the bandits in the lead. Also wake the stone giant from a while ago up and send him to the village to the north again.

You summon a bigger fish chest. (2) You summon it, but all the bandits manage to dodge out of the way. (2 vs. 1) The bandits stop because they're freaking out about the giant chest. Your followers run a short distance, then come back and start taunting the bandits.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

Command Prophet to preach to his closesty friends
(6+1) YOur prophet in a burst of zeal decides he's going to preach to the entire village. (2) Except most of the village is celebrating Knurd week. It's the only week of the year they drink, and so drink extremely heavily. The rest of the village is in hiding as some of the drunks can get slightly crazy, and they also get a blanket pardon for many crimes.

Spoiler: Thoz (click to show/hide)

Lupus: gift Dog-Prophet with superior mental strength, so that it may become the Squirrel Demigod. Immortality included, of course.
Explosive Weasels: multiply! Create explosive weasel clans!
Evil Wolves: convert bears.
Dog-Prophet: preach the word of Lupus to all squirrels. Or just enslave them and make them worship Lupus, anyway.
Salmon: convert other salmon.
Lampreys: convert all the lampreys nearby.
Survivalist Apprentice: consider the manifold mysteries of divinity.

(2) You realize that you are going to need to expand his brain to about three times the size in order for this to work.
(4) The explosive weasels are eager to do so and promptly begin to have baby weasels.
(1) The evil wolves decide to attack a human caravan instead! (4 vs. 6) Many of the wolves are slaughtered by the caravan guards, but the wolves kill several merchants and drag one alive of to their den for torturing practice.
(2) The salmon prefers to look for food. (3) He narrowly avoids a river shark.
(2) The lamprey also needs food.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

ULTRADANCER: EQUIP ALL THE BLING THE VILLAGERS HAD, DISCO INTO BIGGEST CITY AVAILABLE
Followers: shit, keep going, what are you even

(6) The ultra dancer discos into a large thriving city about 9 days away from your original village. You see a large number of armored men coming towards it.
(4) Your followers continue to journey on. (4) They are now half a day's journey away.

On'Li: Stop the burning of the fires. Tell everyone to stop attacking the followers of Zarut and definitely stop destroying the town.
All Followers: Stop attacking the followers of Zarut. Definitely stop destroying the town.
On'Li: Offer Zarut a chance to surrender and submit if he removes the plague from the town.
(1) Despite your yells for everyone to stop fighting, they fight all the more fiercely. (4) However, you soon quiet the blazes erupting around the city.
(6-1) It took a short time, but your followers disengage and run off.

Spoiler: On'li (click to show/hide)

Gay Artist: Edit Holy Book into a thing of beauty.
Prophetess: Convert the cult of chastity into a monastic order within my religion.
Governor: arrange for shrines instead.
320 people:
      16 become priest class following the prophetess.
        8 become assistants to the artist.
        Any with military experience become holy knights.
        Any merchants, begin spreading the word amongst the traders that pass through.
        The rest, build my shrines.
Lich - slaughter those heretics!
Boobs: extinguish the fire. Smite the mob of farmers burning my lich.
(1) The gay artist stops working on the holy book so he can do some of his paid work, including making a huge painting for a cult in the capital.
(4) The prophetess approaches the cult with the proposal. (3+2) The cult agrees, and everyone is happy.
(1) The governor gets extremely pissed off, informing you that shrines aren't allowed in the limits of a village, and must be outside the village limits, and that your requests are justing adding on to that bloody- ARGGGHHHHHHHHH
GOVERNOR CANCELS DO PAPERWORK: Throwing tantrum
(6) You give commands and instructions to the rest of the followers who obey, but many seem slightly annoyed that they did't get what they wanted.
(4+1 vs. 3) The lich slaughters most of the farmers before the rest run off.
(6) You decide to kill two birds with one stone by flooding the surrounding area. (6) Everyone, including the farmers survive though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

go to that university and try to convert everyone at the debate to the best of all religions
(5) The prophet eagerly departs for the forum the next day. (4) He manages to score a few points in the debate, and gets a few followers interested in Marxism.

Spoiler: Communist God (click to show/hide)

Have my rockers play again to convert the people.
(4) The rockers head to a nearby open area and start warming up. (3) They do all right, and a few people show up to hear them play. (1) The people are all wearing armor how neat. Then your followers get kicked out. One guard yells "Get out you rocker freaks, you guys haven't been allowed to play in this town since that Ganja dude stated corrupting our youth!"

Spoiler: Doh Ray Me (click to show/hide)

Pretend that was my idea all along and grant my followers the ability to actually make flying machines out of sugar despite all physics saying otherwise and give some machines to the ones going south.
(4) You cause actual sugar fly machines to appear in the square. (3) You give a one-seater to the followers in the south.
(4) Said followers want to get going, (2) but instead take the time to figure out how the machine works.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

STOP THE MADDNESS!!!(while converting if possible)
(4) The mob of followers of windand pity decide to stop, (3) those following the god of magic and disease make one last charge before taking a break. (6) Your followers prematurely lay down their arms. (1 vs. 4-1) The followers of Magic and Disease' charge fails when several of the front-runners trip over corpses and fall over, causing the whole charge to fall to the ground. Your followers form a small perimeter, and kill anyone who manages to get through.

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

* BEAT UP CRIMINALS 4 GR8 JUSTICE *
(5) The bat-prophet is happy to comply. (1) Then the man he knocked into a chemical vat earlier stuns your prophet, laugh maniacally.

Spoiler: Ki'ol (click to show/hide)

*looks at calender*
You just ninja'd the turn. I started this 20 minutes before you posted
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:25:03 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 21, 2013, 12:26:04 pm »

Lupus: turn Dog-Prophet into Cerebro-Dog, a divinely floating canine with an incredibly advanced and large brain.
Dog-Prophet: exercise squirrel enslavement abilities, get better at controlling larger amounts of squirrels at once.
Explosive Weasels: continue expansion of weasel clan, educate weasel babies in the ways of Lupus.
Evil Wolves: reflect on absolutely woeful ineptitude at being evil and become merely pragmatic and possibly more effective.
Salmon: with Lupus' blessing, defeat the river shark and feast on its remains.
Lampreys: feed on river shark all at once while salmon distracts it, liquefy its soft tissues.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:52:26 pm by Harry Baldman »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 21, 2013, 12:39:15 pm »

Callout: I AM THE AVATAR OF AAAAAAAAAAAA THE SPOILERLESS. I CHALLENGE THIS LAND TO A DANCE-OFF. IF I WIN, YOU WILL SUBMIT TO HIS LORDSHIP. IF I LOSE, I WILL COMBUST IN A VISUALLY PLEASING FASHION.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 21, 2013, 02:10:58 pm »

I am having real difficulty getting a suitable holy book and place of worship. Sheesh.
(I now have a cult of chastity as well. They are even happy! Don't forget them.)

Gay artist: Insert Divine imagery into the cult painting, preferably in ways that are pleasing and not offensive.
  Governor: Take some time off, you seems stressed.
   Those who were irritated that they didn't get the position they wanted: see the priests about transfers. In the meanwhile, do the job you are assigned t the best of your ability.
    Artist assistants, improve the holy book.
    Merchants: five travel to the capital to do business and preach. Five travel to the other major city to do business and preach. Ten stay in the village to do business and preach.
    Prophetess and 15 holy knights (the happier ones): accompany the merchants heading to the capital.
    5 holy knights accompany the merchants going to the other city. The other ten remain and guard the village.
    Priests: begin worship meetings (outside the village limits if necessary). Minister to the needs of the people.
    Monastic Order of Chastity: offer family counseling and other duties of chastity (chaperoning young women, education, etc.)
    Villagers and all: Begin supporting the prophets and religious groups within your means (i.e. don't starve yourself or cause great personal burdens).
    Lich: raise the recently executed farmers as Zombies of Boobs.
    Boobs: Grant Holy Knights the powers of healing and protection (+1 defensive combat rolls as well as ability to Bless others with protection from wildlife, bandits or the followers/acts of opponent gods.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 21, 2013, 02:32:37 pm »

Convert friends

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 21, 2013, 03:09:07 pm »

On'Li: Tell Zarut that if he does not surrender, he will be destroyed, by me and the other gods.

On'Li: Discuss methods of dispatching Zarut with the Goddess of Wind and Pity and the God of Magic and Disease. Also ask their names.

Everyone: Convert the remnants of Zarut's worshipers. Avoid being converted.

On'Li: Interfere with Zarut's attempt to interfere with my discussion by reminding the other gods of everything Zarut's done.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:57:05 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 21, 2013, 03:15:25 pm »

Decide that alcohol is a blessed artefact of my religion. Get the Prophet to try again, including this undeniable fact
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 21, 2013, 03:28:21 pm »

Ninja'd ya? Nice! lol
Mass conversion time!
Everyone:Try to convert anyone possible in fields that they specialize in, if possible followers of On'li
Zarut:Interfer with his attempts to comunicate with Goddess of Wind and Pity and the God of Magic and Disease by bargening with them himself, for personal gain of course.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 21, 2013, 03:47:51 pm »

Escape, train converts

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 21, 2013, 04:02:48 pm »

Make my followers either flee or fight the bandits. Help them either way. Also send the rock golem to the village in the north.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33