Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55183 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 07:15:57 pm »

I will send large birds of prey to watch over my followers.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 07:26:55 pm »

well if it were that easy i wouldn't manifest myself to you would i but alright i'll help you out once you're done stating your demands to the council or whatever or how does this place even work

Stare at the followers. Throw fireballs if necessary. Try not to hit the followers.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 08:34:15 pm »

Dammit and here I was hoping I would be keeping my Prophet lol

Prophet: Seek out some more distinguished clothing for the Prophet using the money made by the merchant, as well as some basic hygiene.
Merchant: Continue to sell cloth while figuring out exactly how many people there are in the town( or an estimate) as well as any other religions and there relative size.
Everyone else work on improving looks/social standing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:36:10 pm by BeforeLifer »
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 09:08:48 pm »

Name of god:Khor
First Action For Prophet: Learn about the people so that we can convert them without offending them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:37:33 am by cattouchdis »
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 12:22:03 am »

Name of God: Daros
Prophet Action: Become Bard, tell creation story.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 12:27:55 am »

Prophet: seek out other dogs! Convert them through elaborate series of barks!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013, 01:09:58 am »

Name of God: Me
Prophet: Preach to a crowd about my greatness.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 09:57:45 am »

Watch as he marches along. Contemplate the possibility of converting passing wildlife.

When my prophet reaches town, have him challenge the other prophet to a challenge to see whose god is real.
(1) Your prophet is attacked by an angry bear. He calmly prays to you for a miracle.

Spoiler: On'Li (click to show/hide)

I will send large birds of prey to watch over my followers.
(5) The large birds of prey follow them, ensuring they do not come to any harm. (2+1) They guide the historian towards a local town.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

well if it were that easy i wouldn't manifest myself to you would i but alright i'll help you out once you're done stating your demands to the council or whatever or how does this place even work

Stare at the followers. Throw fireballs if necessary. Try not to hit the followers.
(3) You only succeed in confusing your followers. "Wait, so what do you want us to do again?

Spoiler: AAAAAAAAAAAA (click to show/hide)

Dammit and here I was hoping I would be keeping my Prophet lol

Prophet: Seek out some more distinguished clothing for the Prophet using the money made by the merchant, as well as some basic hygiene.
Merchant: Continue to sell cloth while figuring out exactly how many people there are in the town( or an estimate) as well as any other religions and there relative size.
Everyone else work on improving looks/social standing.

(3) The prophet heads of to go shopping as you commanded. However, he is using the money for food rather than clothes and hygiene
(5) The merchant informs you that the town has about 500 people in it. The major religion is a polytheistic one ruled by the Goddess of Wind and Pity, and the God of Magic and Disease. Perhaps that is why you upset the healers. Talking about the religion to outsiders is taboo. (4) The merchant makes a slight profit on his cloth business.
(3) All your new converts hear your commands and create an elite Assassin's Guild, for high-class murders, as well as an elite brothel.

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

Name of god:Khor
First Action For Prophet: Learn about the people so that we can convert them without offending them.
(1) Your prophet decides that preparation is for sissies and that he's going to preach all day in the town square instead. (5) Many of those who hear his message convert.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

Name of God: Daros
Prophet Action: Become Bard, tell creation story.
(1) Your prophet thinks that bards and music are sissies and decides to show the prowess of Daros by competing in a wrestling match. (2) Your prophet loses after a difficult fight against the incumbent best wrestler

Spoiler: Daros (click to show/hide)

Prophet: seek out other dogs! Convert them through elaborate series of barks!
(3) Your prophet hears your command by trying to "convert" a female dog in heat. (3) It appears she is only slightly interested in him

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

Name of God: Me
Prophet: Preach to a crowd about my greatness.
(6) Your prophet starts preaching about how awesome he is. (6) Either everyone is really sarcastic or they agree with him.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 09:59:53 am »

Give my prophet RIDICULOUSLY HUGE MUSCLES!!!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 10:02:06 am »

Alright, let's test this.
Use the POWER of GOD to make the bear docile, and a pet for my prophet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 10:02:24 am »

Send my followers to integrate themselves with the town.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 10:16:00 am »

Enchant dog-prophet with supreme charisma!

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2013, 10:16:30 am »

Enhance my prophet by making him incredibly strong, smart, handsome, and etc., then have him preach to the townfolk, promising the same benefits he gained if they join my cult. Make sure the transformation is flashy, and in a public area.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2013, 10:17:56 am »

Oh nice I already have 1/5th the town converted lol.

Prophet: Attempt to repeat last action, also infuse him with holy energy massively improving his otherwise grimy appearance.
Merchant: Continue selling cloth while attempting to convert those without religion, or those who dislike there current one.
Assassin's Guild: Learn about who wants who murdered, focus on leaders of the other religions in town.
Brothel: Instead of charging money for there services convert customers, but still charge just enough to make a living.

Just noticed this but I'm taking a much more indirect route with my converting lol.

Also, anybody else imagining there prophets preaching in the voice of the talos priests lol?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 10:19:46 am by BeforeLifer »
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2013, 10:27:10 am »

Brothel: Instead of charging money for there services convert customers, but still charge just enough to make a living.

The faithful receive a 75% discount! Convert today and enjoy the savings!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33