Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55272 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT (New turn!)
« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2013, 05:51:08 pm »

Name of god: Ki'ol
First action for prophet: Convert while simoultaneously subtly blaspheming against Q'r'sh

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2013, 11:03:30 am »

*Waits for people to post more actions*
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 26, 2013, 03:29:22 pm »

All: Massacre the Villagers.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »

Does this count as his action? This turn: Do Nothing.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 26, 2013, 05:35:42 pm »

NONONO

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 26, 2013, 05:46:42 pm »

NONONO

FORCE ALL THE GODS TO DO NOTHING THIS TURN

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2013, 02:55:17 am »

Have Marley and the Wailers attempt to convert their audience as they continue playing sweet Ganja music.

Have the noble family be secret worships of ganja, meaning they adhere to my rules only in private and in public do whatever they have to in order to keep their status.

Have half of my lazy follows go around giving out weed-pops and the other half gather information about the the Cult of VTM (Primary facilities, Tenants of their religion, Influence, etc)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2013, 08:39:18 pm »

FORCE ALL THE GODS TO DO NOTHING THIS TURN
(1) All the gods get 2s rerolled.

Dog-Prophet: convert wolves of the area to the ways of Lupus!
Insane Apprentice: practice mimecraft while master isn't looking.

(5) your dog gets a fit of zeal and heads of to convert those wolves. (5) All the wolves bow down and worship Lupus.
(3) The apprentice decides to play a new game his friends told him about that involves building with blocks and dodging creepers.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

/try and make statues that kill the things on my list again. Make my followers preach.
(1) You summon a rock. Nice work. (5) You order your followers to preach. (6) The head of the village finds out about your group, and upon learning of your follower's treatment at the hands of the god of sleep, decides that this is the perfect pretext for attacking the village you were kicked out. He makes a speech declaring that if the Zzzians from Kelem are willing to kill a small monotheistic religion, they could be planning to wage war on Gamel, the god of celebrations, the patron god of the village. (1) Unfortunately for him the villagers are tired of his warmongering and kill him, then kick your followers out of the village. Your followers converted about 20 villagers before all this, 10 of which go with your followers into exile.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)

DAMNIT. GIVE THESE MEWLING CRETINS A VISION OF WHAT TRUE ROCKSTARDOM CAN GRANT THEM! NAMELY, BOOZE AND BITCHES. COMMAND THEM (ACCOMPANIED BY SWEET GUITAR SOLO) TO CONVERT THE INFIDELS TO THE WAY OF ROCK.
(4) Your followers receive the vision then your two followers (3) start putting up posters advertising a rock concert tomorrow night.

Spoiler: Doh Ray Me (click to show/hide)

Hey GWG, that -1 you gave me helped me avoid some total BS, Thanks!

Prophet: Give up on trying covert the populace and train the falcon to help with his converting (preferable +2).
Merchants: Last action, and pay the writer. Also try to get the book to be published/mass produced.
Assassin's Guild: If numbers are equal/favorable, stand and fight using superior agility to win, if not RUN LIKE HELL!!.
Town watch: Punish the mob for the murders of the Assassin's Guild.
Town watch wives: Gather any and all info about persons of interest in the town from there husbands, including but not limited too, criminals (forgot i converted them all at the start XD), town counsel members, and anyone who has a possible misdemeanor.
Zarut: Plant MORE holy thoughts about Zarut in the minds of the bishops and such of the other gods.

(6-2) The prophet decides to train his falcon. (1-2) A huge explosion destroys the tavern he and the falcon were in. The only survivor says that the falcon seemed possessed by an evil spirit.
(1-2) Then the merchant's shops are burnt down by a mob of annoyed customers who didn't really want to hear about Zarut. You start wondering if someone has it in for you. Meanwhile, the writer finishes the book, and (1+2) it is okay, but it looks like the author didn't try too hard to make it convincing. Maybe if you hired a believer? Also, do to the cloth merchant being dead, he doesn't know what to do, and wants his money.
(4-2) The town watch finds out that the assassin's guild was killed, and breathes a sigh of relief that one organized crime case is dealt with.
(5-2) The watch's wives discover that since you converted the criminals, a nearby city's organized syndicate is muscling in on the town, mostly in the form of purchasing legitimate stores, but some corruption is going on.
(3-2) The bishops and priests of the other gods change their sermons to ones titled: How to find and kill converts of Zarut, Why Zarut is the highest evil we face today, How to be a fervent religious mob, Why prostitution and those who endorse should be burnt alive, and 3 easy steps to heaven.

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

Yay! a success. Boo, a critical failure!
Boobs: cure our potential prophetess' insanity. While we are at it, can I attempt two miracles this round? If so, attempt that thing I requested in pm. If not, save it for next round.
Prophet: Go forth to spread the word, with boobies upon thine shoulders!

(2, reroll 6) You cure her of her insanity by removing most of  her mind. Now she just sits and drools, and says the name of your god.
(2, reroll 3) A booming voice says "BE MORE SPECIFIC. I ONLY SAID IT WAS FEASIBLE, AND THEN YOU NEVER TOLD ME EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO."
(1) Your prophet heads to the nearest brothel, to get some err.. hands-on experience of his new god.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Roll a 5, and use it to convert the town. If I roll a 6 or a 4, grudgingly use them instead.
(6) you roll a 5, using a giant die that squashes some huts of the town. All of the townspeople who look at the die are converted, even your former prophet.

Spoiler: Me (click to show/hide)

Srsly, try to hijack some of Khor's followers and turn them against the rest using the previous plan. Failing that, smite everything.
(1) Khor's followers seem determined to ignore the whispering doubts you try to plant in their heads.
(1) So instead you smite some random trees on an uninhabited island.

The temple itself is made of stone and I can just wait the fire to go out right?
Heal my followers and then warn them about the evil god trying to impersonate me.
(6) You heal your followers so well that they will never fell pain again! Or feel for that matter.

Spoiler: Khor (click to show/hide)

Impede Zarut's actions without helping him.
Plant holy thoughts of On'Li in the minds of assorted downtrodden people.
Because cheating this way seems effective.
Continue healing the sick and preaching.
Attempt to gather the converted in one place to meet, in part so I can gauge their numbers.
(5) You succeed extremely well!
(1) The poor don't seem to like On'Li. Maybe you shouldn't have made it so obvious that you were trying to manipulate them. (Also, if it's mention in a religious text it isn't cheating)
(5) You begin healing many diseases and stuff. (5) However your preaching converts a small crowd, who don't seem to care that you aren't the manifestation of the god of Magic and Disease.
(1) Your tavern explosion and a nearby angry mob burning down houses scatters the converted as they work to prevent the fires from spreading.

Spoiler: On'li (click to show/hide)

Name of god: Ki'ol
First action for prophet: Convert while simoultaneously subtly blaspheming against Q'r'sh
(3) Some seem mildly interested in this new religion. (4) Your prophet's subtle blaspheming against Q'r'sh (which one is he?) works better as the townspeople seem to oppose names with more than one apostrophe in them.

Spoiler: Ki'ol (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]

Have Marley and the Wailers attempt to convert their audience as they continue playing sweet Ganja music.

Have the noble family be secret worships of ganja, meaning they adhere to my rules only in private and in public do whatever they have to in order to keep their status.

Have half of my lazy follows go around giving out weed-pops and the other half gather information about the the Cult of VTM (Primary facilities, Tenants of their religion, Influence, etc)
(3) Marley and the Wailers launch into a cover of a popular village tune. (2, reroll 5) However it proves a massive hit, and the villagers appear to love this blend of old and new.
(2, reroll 4) The family decides to be secret followers of Ganja while still following the cult of VTM. Since the two seem similar it looks like its going to be easy.
(2, reroll 6) The rest of your followers are all willing and eager to give out the weed-pops leaving none to find out more about the Cult, however, using your knowledge, you discover its the name of the cult that esteems babies and huge parties. (2, reroll 1) Also, your followers giving out weed-pops get arrested.

Spoiler: Ganja (click to show/hide)

All: Massacre the Villagers.
(5 vs. 1) The prophet proves to be a badass fighter, slaughtering the villagers in droves, while the ghosts frighten to death any he missed.

Spoiler: The Rider (click to show/hide)

I really need to start writing down town information and stuff.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2013, 08:44:58 pm »

Which religious text?

Put out the fire.
Continue healing diseases and converting people.
Determine how many people I have converted.
Impede Zarut's actions.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:02:17 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2013, 08:58:12 pm »

Which religious text?
Acts 16:14
One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2013, 08:59:33 pm »

Hm, not quite what Zarut was doing. Zarut cut the Paul out of the picture.

Still cheating.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2013, 09:04:28 pm »

QRSH is darius

Ask priest to actively start converting

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2013, 10:02:12 pm »

Find a new village for my followers.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 29, 2013, 10:45:03 pm »

Experiment with giving some of the townsmen super-strength, super-stamina, and regeneration.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 29, 2013, 11:32:31 pm »

Fuuuuuuuuuckkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu GWG!!!

Get the book merchant his last installment.
Find out occupations of the converted townsfolk.
Town watch: Find a persecute any followers of On'li
Town watch wives: Travel throughout the town and use there charm to convert people, if stuff hits the fan call in there husbands to protect them.
Zarut: Fuck over On'Li.

War time...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33