Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO CONVERT (Sign-ups Are Closed)  (Read 55178 times)

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CONVERT
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 05:11:41 pm »

Name: On'Li
Action: Convert Zarut's prophet
I think we start in different villages lol
Oh, hush.
It's funnier if we start in the same village anyways.
"Huh, another prophet? Third one today and it's not even lunchtime."
When you put it that way ya lol.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 05:15:16 pm »

In case it isn't clear, Follower actions have two rolls. The first is to see your will be followed. THe second is to see if your action succeeds.

What, no dog-prophets allowed? If not, here's something different.

Name of God: Jift
Action: Open a respectable tavern.
I hit post before I was done. Working on it.

Name of God: Lupus
First action for prophet: be a dog. A working dog, a cattle dog, preferably.
(2) Despite your efforts, your prophet refuses to get on his hands and knees and bark. Maybe if you turned him into a dog, this would work out better.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

Name of god:  Zarut
First action for prophet: Preach in the town square.
(4) Zrut's prophet begins preaching in the town square. (4) three people convert!

Spoiler: Zarut (click to show/hide)

Name: On'Li
Action: Convert Zarut's prophet
(5) Your prophet begins the trek to the village Zarut's prophet is located in. (3) After several hours of journeying, you notice your prophet is tired and hungry.

Spoiler: On'Li (click to show/hide)

Name: AAAAAAAAAAA
Action: Punch someone in the face while chanting your deity's name repeatedly.
(5) Your prophet complies. (6) Your prophet accidentally kills the man. Now the people of the village think your prophets a crazy murderer and grab their torches and pitchforks.

Spoiler: AAAAAAAAAAAA (click to show/hide)

They are rude. Leave the village for one with more accepting viewpoints.
(5) The historian leaves the vilage with his family after finishing his book. Along the way, he tells them about his god. (6) His 3 wives, 6 children, 3 servants and mother have converted, however, the followers of the god of sleep are pursuing them. The historian prays to you to smite them.

Spoiler: Odessy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 05:16:48 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »

Turn my prophet into a dog! A medium-sized dog of roughly human intelligence.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 05:17:37 pm »

Grant my prophet the MAGICAL MYSTICAL POWER OF +4 TO SMITE WHEN IN OPEN SPACES AND BATTLING PEASANTRY blessing. Tell him to deliver a DIY smiting while I go sort out my 42 inner mongol hordes.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 05:19:02 pm »

Cause hindrances upon the followers of sleep. If they pursue, fill the historian with strength to fight them off.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 05:21:24 pm »

Find out more about converts and ask them to preach to people they know.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 05:26:37 pm »

Make him un-hungry and un-tired with a miracle.

Wonder why the GM didn't take my suggestion. Shrug.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 05:33:28 pm »

You got ninja'd
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »

Turn my prophet into a dog! A medium-sized dog of roughly human intelligence.
(4) Everyone on the main square is surprised when your prophet suddenly becomes a medium sized dog with human intelligence. The dog gives out a couple of barks and then stops. Now if only he could speak a human language.

Spoiler: Lupus (click to show/hide)

Grant my prophet the MAGICAL MYSTICAL POWER OF +4 TO SMITE WHEN IN OPEN SPACES AND BATTLING PEASANTRY blessing. Tell him to deliver a DIY smiting while I go sort out my 42 inner mongol hordes.
(3) The prophet gets a +1 bonus to fighting. (3+1 vs. 1) When you come back you find that he's killed half the mob before they quit. 5 convert out of awe at his combative prowess.

Cause hindrances upon the followers of sleep. If they pursue, fill the historian with strength to fight them off.
(4) The followers of sleep find themselves negotiating through a treacherous marsh, (2) after several followers get caught in a bog, they call off the chase.

Find out more about converts and ask them to preach to people they know.
You discover you have converted a cloth merchant, a thug, and a healer.
(2,6,2) The cloth merchant and the healer don't want to preach because they are nervous about getting persecuted. THe thug is all to willing to preach to his friends. (3) All of the village's seedy underworld knows of Bob and that god Zarut that he converted too.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 06:29:20 pm »

Wonder what happened to my turn.

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 06:31:26 pm »

you, prophet, and the followers there, will subdue this village and either make them worship me or build a temple with their skulls and worship me in it there okay great

COMBAT BLESSINGS FOR ERRYONE

also give the prophet a ridiculously booming voice he can use when he needs to but make it toggleable

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 06:33:27 pm »

Have my followers continue on to a new village.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 06:34:35 pm »

Prophet: Continue to preach in the town square.
Thug: Try again.
Cloth merchant: Sell some cloth while subtly attempting to convert customers.
Healer: Tell anyone she heals that she learned her skills from the god Zarut and by extension Zarut saved their life.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 07:10:54 pm »

Wonder what happened to my turn.

Whoops!
(4) A piece of bread appears in front of the prophet. After eating it he is refreshed, and continues walking.

Spoiler: On'Li (click to show/hide)

you, prophet, and the followers there, will subdue this village and either make them worship me or build a temple with their skulls and worship me in it there okay great

COMBAT BLESSINGS FOR ERRYONE

also give the prophet a ridiculously booming voice he can use when he needs to but make it toggleable

(2) The prophet and his 5 followers look nervously at the retreating mob and ask "Couldn't you just smite with balls of fire or something?"
(4) All of them get +1 to combat
(2) You fail to give the prophet a booming voice.

Have my followers continue on to a new village.
(3) Your followers continue the journey, until they see something in the distance, then stop for the night.

Prophet: Continue to preach in the town square.
Thug: Try again.
Cloth merchant: Sell some cloth while subtly attempting to convert customers.
Healer: Tell anyone she heals that she learned her skills from the god Zarut and by extension Zarut saved their life.

(4,6,6,1) The prophet continues preaching, the thug continues talking about his conversion, and the cloth merchant goes to sell cloth. Unfortunately the healer refuses to violate the healer's oath by lying about her healing powers and leaves the fold.
(1) Then your prophet gets massacred by some angry healers.
(6) All of the village's seedy underbelly gets converted to your religion by the thug, not the best endorsement. Your thug becomes your prophet.
(6) Meanwhile, the merchant is making loads of money selling cloth, but doesn't convert anyone.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 07:14:19 pm »

Watch as he marches along. Contemplate the possibility of converting passing wildlife.

When my prophet reaches town, have him challenge the other prophet to a challenge to see whose god is real.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33