Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Stalker – Community RPG Game  (Read 26675 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Stalker – Community RPG Game
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2013, 12:11:58 am »

Can we have a list of what money and stuff we have for our characters, or a link leading to a list? I'm not sure how much I have on me...

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2013, 12:41:34 am »

Can we have a list of what money and stuff we have for our characters,
or a link leading to a list? I'm not sure how much I have on me...

I think we're going based on what would be reasonably expected from character background. For example, given how  Marcus arrived, he probably has a suitcase full of clothes, a passport and maybe a camera in his hotel room. And I'd guess probably a couple thousand dollars worth of yuan. He was on vacation en route to china. It would make sense for him to have a big chunk of cash with him.

On the other hand, Kasumi is local, right? Are you from Hokkaido or did you fly in domestically? If you live here, I'd guess you probably have an apartment nearby, but would have just taken clothes and whatever cash/id/credit cards/stuff you'd normally carry. If you flew in from Honshu, maybe a little more plus a duffle bag with spare clothes and so forth.

Just guessing. We're each here under unique circumstances.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2013, 06:55:16 am »

Have to say, loving the references hermes! Also, that map is awesome, poor quality indeed :p

Thanks  :D

Quick question though: are we assuming everyone has a cell phone, or only people who specifically said they had one?

As much as I would like to punish everyone for not bringing a cell phone, let's say you can have one in your pocket if you want.   :)

TURN 03 - Corban - 19:03

Corban
After returning to his room to collect his bag, exits the hotel wearing a wooly jumper over a t-shirt, and cargo pants along with some boots. Squeezing the packet of money he has against his thigh in his pocket, he ponders upon what he might need for tomorrow, mumbling to himself.
Heads towards Togusa Outdoor Supplies

Corban trudges the same path as Tyler just a few minutes earlier, though decidedly quicker.  Away from the lights of the station he looks up to glow of the Zone stretching into the sky.  He has seen it many times from his home in Otaru, and though there is barely any difference in appearance tonight in Sapporo he feels much more uncomfortable simply for being closer to the unnatural light.  Corban arrives at the outdoor shop feeling refreshed by the walk in the cold air.  Inside is much warmer, and brighter.  He sees the young man, Tyler, at the counter trying to make the staff understand English.

We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2013, 06:58:19 am »

Can we have a list of what money and stuff we have for our characters, or a link leading to a list? I'm not sure how much I have on me...

Can we have a list of what money and stuff we have for our characters,
or a link leading to a list? I'm not sure how much I have on me...

I think we're going based on what would be reasonably expected from character background. For example, given how  Marcus arrived, he probably has a suitcase full of clothes, a passport and maybe a camera in his hotel room. And I'd guess probably a couple thousand dollars worth of yuan. He was on vacation en route to china. It would make sense for him to have a big chunk of cash with him.

On the other hand, Kasumi is local, right? Are you from Hokkaido or did you fly in domestically? If you live here, I'd guess you probably have an apartment nearby, but would have just taken clothes and whatever cash/id/credit cards/stuff you'd normally carry. If you flew in from Honshu, maybe a little more plus a duffle bag with spare clothes and so forth.

Just guessing. We're each here under unique circumstances.

OK, character sheets sent out.  LordB is right, you can assume you brought some things along at this point.  If you put them on the char sheet, that'd be great.  Things'll be locked down soon though. 
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2013, 02:07:51 pm »

Kasumi, after returning to her hotel room, decides that it's a good time to go shopping. She's going to need a good amount of gear to stay safe in the zone, not limiting to just warm clothes and a sleeping bag...

Take $1300 and head to the Outdoor store and see what lengths of rope they have available, how much the backpacks and water bottles can hold, and if I can find anything that I could wear over my clothes to clip and hang pouches from.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:39:10 pm by Zako »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2013, 03:17:29 pm »

Marcus, I'm concerned about you. You're in your 50s, I don't get the impression you're the super athletic type, and you just got beat up. We're going to spend the next two days walking.

Unless a misunderstanding exists between me and hermes, Marcus should be able to keep up. The second day will definitively be harder for him due to not sleeping in a proper bed, but I'd be surprised if he didn't make it.

Marcus: you're the doctor. I don't think we all need to bring medical gear, but I expect that you will. As far as I'm concerned, for a quick trip like this, a bottle of rubbing alcohol and duct tape is probably all we really need. There's no need for complicated surgeries when we can disinfect and tape ourselves up and be in a hospital the following day. But that's your job, and I'll let you take care of it if you have any input.

Input: Marcus already has most of what he wants, but he's planning on buying some more bandages/disinfectants/gloves/masks for everyone else. He's also going to be looking for some scalpels, aesthetics, needle and thread just in case. He won't be able to perform open-heart surgery with the equipment, but at least he'll be able to close some of the nastier wounds.

Hermes: Does Marcus's inventory look okay? I can't think of anything else he might have on him for a trip of Beijing.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2013, 03:27:09 pm »

"Before we split up, I suggest we share cellphone numbers."

Make mine available to anyone in the party who wants it, and collect same from anyone willing to give theirs.

"Before approaching the zone tomorrow I recommend everyone remove batteries from your phones to prevent celltowers from tracking us obviously approaching it then disappearing, but simply walking around Sapporo should be ok."

Marcus mumbles an apology about not having a cellphone on him, and then hurries to his room to check that everything is in order. Seeing that everything is fine, he goes outside with his $2000, with the map clutched tightly in his hand.

Marcus head east to the highway-looking road, and then follows it down to Togusa Outdoor Supplies.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2013, 07:28:31 pm »

TURN 03 - Corban - 19:03

Corban trudges the same path as Tyler just a few minutes earlier, though decidedly quicker.  Away from the lights of the station he looks up to glow of the Zone stretching into the sky.  He has seen it many times from his home in Otaru, and though there is barely any difference in appearance tonight in Sapporo he feels much more uncomfortable simply for being closer to the unnatural light.  Corban arrives at the outdoor shop feeling refreshed by the walk in the cold air.  Inside is much warmer, and brighter.  He sees the young man, Tyler, at the counter trying to make the staff understand English.

Corban

Smiles in amusement upon watching Tyler try to get the staff to understand what he needs, fondly remembering his own language troubles when he first came to Japan. Walks up to Tyler, pats him on the arm and asks:

You doing alright, kid?

Turns to the man staffing the desk with a friendly smile.

Spoiler: Japanese (click to show/hide)
Points to the products
Spoiler: More Japanese (click to show/hide)
Tilts his head toward Tyler, before talking to him again.

Okay, dude, what is it you'd like?

Buy some of the things I need for the trip here, pop it in my backpack and/or cargo pants and help Tyler communicate with the staff. Pay for my stuff, too.

OOC: I believe all that comes to $1310 so far.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2013, 08:14:48 pm »

Tyler sighs, lucky to have someone helpful on board.

"Uh I just needed a pair of boots, so my feet don't get soaked, other then that I'm fine."

Then takes a peek around, looking incase for some off reason, someone was following them.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2013, 10:39:28 pm »

((Forgot to add something important to my action!))

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2013, 02:17:57 am »

Alexei

please state as you leave what you're wearing, taking and how much money you have on you.

Sent via private message.

1) Ask the hotel concierge if they have any private tour guides on staff I can hire for several hours. If the rates are reasonable, hire one and take him with me. While we walk, chat with him for useful information and current events.

2) Since apparently it's snowing outside, go to my room, get my duster and hat.

3) Head to outdoor supply shop. Purchase following:

Backpack (frameless): $150
5 units of Beef jerky: $25
2 cans of food: $10
20 Steel nuts: $10
Water bottle: $25
Sleeping bag: $250
Hiking boots: $180
Rain poncho: $25
Lighter: $50

Subtotal: $725. I assume they'll take ₯72,500 yen.

Examine the "winter clothes." What's included?

Inquire about
 * duck tape
 * can opener
 * mylar blankets
 * survival knife (sturdy, not one of those flimsy ones with stuff in the handle)
 * spool of string (something like this)

Worst case, if I don't have the guide, and if don't arrive in time to shop with Corban and the others, google the things I want on my phone and show a picture to the sales staff. They'll figure it out.

Walk and shop briskly I have a lot to take care of before I get to sleep.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2013, 10:27:27 am »

TURN 03 - Kasumi

Take $1300 and head to the Outdoor store and see what lengths of rope they have available, how much the backpacks and water bottles can hold, and if I can find anything that I could wear over my clothes to clip and hang pouches from.

Kasumi walks briskly to the store, she's more sure-footed than the men in the snow and ice, and doesn't spend so much time looking around.  Sapporo is tiny compared to Tokyo, a provincial backwater that seems lesser in almost every respect, except for the ominous glow of the Zone which she finds a little unsettling.  At least the night glow in Tokyo is man-made.

In the shop she sees Corban helping Tyler so goes straight to the aisles.

The rope is 30m.  Frameless backpack is 40 liters, framed backpack carries 80 liters.  Water bottles carry 2 liters.  The Winter Clothes are bulky, synthetic fiber padded jacket and trousers that are water resistant.  They have many pockets and toggles.  Very practical.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2013, 10:35:58 am »

TURN 03 - Marcus

Marcus mumbles an apology about not having a cellphone on him, and then hurries to his room to check that everything is in order. Seeing that everything is fine, he goes outside with his $2000, with the map clutched tightly in his hand.

Marcus head east to the highway-looking road, and then follows it down to Togusa Outdoor Supplies.

The cold is biting but Marcus doesn't seem to bothered by it, the strangeness of the predicament he is in keeps his mind focused.  Holding the map he double and triple checks it several times on his way, but the landmarks are easy to follow and he arrives at the outdoor store directly.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2013, 10:48:30 am »

TURN 03 - Corban

Buy some of the things I need for the trip here, pop it in my backpack and/or cargo pants and help Tyler communicate with the staff. Pay for my stuff, too.

OOC: I believe all that comes to $1310 so far.

The cashier charges Corban $1310 for the goods bought and $20 for a space blanket that he goes to fetch.  There is too much to put in the travel backpack so Corban has to carry things in bags in each hand (the boots and sleeping bag, etc.).

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2013, 11:00:41 am »

TURN 03 - Tyler

Tyler sighs, lucky to have someone helpful on board.

"Uh I just needed a pair of boots, so my feet don't get soaked, other then that I'm fine."

Corban helps Tyler to buy a pair of sturdy walking boots.  Tyler pays for the boots and receives the bag.  The shop clerk looks at Corban with backpack and arms full of stuff, and looks at Tyler.  And back to Corban.

Then takes a peek around, looking incase for some off reason, someone was following them.

Tyler can't see anyone odd, except the funny looking old doctor, walk in.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14