Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I AM SPAM  (Read 1002 times)

WillNZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I AM SPAM
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »

My God, the grammar! The grammar!!! What have they done to you?

[ October 16, 2007: Message edited by: WillNZ ]

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 07:15:00 pm »

I played the 2 week trial (or whatever) of EVE online, but I decided not to subscribed when I realized that 1. There were a TON of people who liked to sit at gates and kill you as soon as you spawned. 2. There was no penalty at all for doing it (unless you stay in the noob zone) 3. thanks to the skill system, it's literally impossible for me to ever catch up to them and fight back, because they will always be years ahead of me no matter how much I play.

The economy was dominated by people with high lvl tradeskills and huge mining barges that could mine as much in 5 min as I could in 5 hours, which kind of sucked too. It was the griefers that killed it for me though.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 08:17:00 pm »

I too tried the 2 week beta.

My stay was dotted with random crashes at jumpgates, then a massive patch... that caused constant crashes and completely failed to work for the rest of my trial.

Massive turnoff.

I mean, WoW has buggy patches, but EVE's just completely failed to work at all.

[ October 16, 2007: Message edited by: Lightning4 ]

Whiskey Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 10:55:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Phant:
<STRONG>

This is the next big challenge in MMOs I think. EVE is probobly the best in this regard. You CAN do the soul crushing grind work to make cash, but you can play it smart, make money off capitol investments or via providing services and goods where they are needed. Mercenary work is MAJOR business in EVE, and one of the most formidable power blocs in the game(back when I was playing at least) was the Mercenary Coalition. These days I just stick to mudding myself.</STRONG>

MC is still a major player, in fact; they're currently involved in the massive war in the south.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2007, 12:11:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by gamemotive:
<STRONG>good news for u ,we are in the openign of our shop . we are sell a lot of game coins</STRONG>

You know, every time I re-read that first post, I get more and more of an urge to caption a cat with it.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2007, 12:28:00 am »

Alright, I can't hold in it anymore.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 02:27:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Phant:
<STRONG>

This is the next big challenge in MMOs I think. EVE is probobly the best in this regard. You CAN do the soul crushing grind work to make cash, but you can play it smart, make money off capitol investments or via providing services and goods where they are needed. Mercenary work is MAJOR business in EVE, and one of the most formidable power blocs in the game(back when I was playing at least) was the Mercenary Coalition. These days I just stick to mudding myself.</STRONG>

EVE is useless for a new player. You will just get ganked repeatedly untill you quit. Same with UO. Just because you were with the lucky few that got in before this and are quite often the people doing this does not give you absolute authority about how good a game is for everybody.

I wonder if it's possible with this forum to promote a few moderators who can get rid of the spammers while toady codes?

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 11:42:00 am »

Good one, Sappho.  Now we need a SPAM! DO NOT WANT! one.    :D
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"
Pages: 1 [2]