Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I AM SPAM  (Read 1001 times)

gamemotive

I AM SPAM
« on: October 09, 2007, 11:31:00 am »

good news for u ,we are in the openign of our shop . we are sell a lot of game coins

[ October 09, 2007: Message edited by: Toady One ]

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I AM SPAM
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 11:38:00 am »

Coins? Sounds like bad news to me.

Core Xii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 11:49:00 am »

Spamtastic.
Reality is for people who lack imagination

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 12:02:00 pm »

Endiqua enjoys cows for their haunting moos.  She detests spam and needs alcohol to get through the day.

Endiqua cancels read: Avoiding spam.

DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"

FaultyLogic

• Bay Watcher
  • [EDIBLE_RAW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »

Oh cool!
"It's unpossible!"

Klokjammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »

Why would anyone pay real money for play money?

These people either have no life to spend their money on, or they suck at these games so much that they can't earn virtual money in game by normal means like everyone else.

If you're one of them, suck it up! Go save your money for important real-life things, and get off my Internet!

[ October 09, 2007: Message edited by: Klokjammer ]

Code: [Select]
g  <-  This is a goat
g  <-  This is a goblin mason
g  <-  This is a gremlin covered in white paint

Does everyone understand the difference now?
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 12:51:00 pm »

Hey, have you seen how screwed up the economy gets once the bookkeeper arrives? Our dwarves need all the cash they can get.

-Albert

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 01:08:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Klokjammer:
<STRONG>Why would anyone pay real money for play money?

These people either have no life to spend their money on, or they suck at these games so much that they can't earn virtual money in game by normal means like everyone else.

If you're one of them, suck it up! Go save your money for important real-life things, and get off my Internet!

[ October 09, 2007: Message edited by: Klokjammer ]</STRONG>

Simple - MMOs are designed to be a waste of time, and getting money is stupid boring tedious busywork. There is no 'sucking' at the game involved, it's just really unfun to get your own no matter what.

Not, mind you, that I agree with gold sellers - no, I just think MMOs are really really goddamn stupid. I can't imagine paying real money for fake money either, but then I can't really imagine caring enough about a game to waste hours on tedious unfun busywork getting the fake money myself.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 02:20:00 pm »

Getting huge amount of money on WoW is so easy, someone who don't know how just didn't bother to play 10 hours to find (or learn) out himself how to do it or is just retarded...
I am on a hot streak... literally.

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 03:03:00 pm »

Wow, that spammer was quite prolific and clever. It even copied other's posts to look legitimate.

Toady One strikes the spammer in the upper arm with his *adamantine banhammer*!
The spammer looses hold of his plastic keyboard.
The spammer looses hold of his Xweb addressX.
It flies off in a bloody arc!
The spammer has bled to death.

"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 03:10:00 pm »

Yeah, it made 5 posts too, and I've only found four...  I'm going to start my official forum read now.  Maybe I'll find the other one.  There have been a ton of gold powerlevel type mmo spammers with IPs out of China recently.  Well, a ton meaning once every few days.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 01:32:00 pm »

theres a "view recent posts" thing in a persons profile.  I use it to find out what redarded crap i've been spouting after a night of drinking.

edit: but i guess his only lists one post.  odd.

[ October 10, 2007: Message edited by: puke ]

Thallone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 01:51:00 pm »

Good thing I'm a nice guy, or I might be inclined to suggest to see how good the spam filters are over there by signing the lovely folks up for 'free' computers, gift cards, and game systems. I'm sure as spammers they'd appreciate the irony.

termitehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 11:50:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedToast:
<STRONG>

Simple - MMOs are designed to be a waste of time, and getting money is stupid boring tedious busywork. There is no 'sucking' at the game involved, it's just really unfun to get your own no matter what.

Not, mind you, that I agree with gold sellers - no, I just think MMOs are really really goddamn stupid. I can't imagine paying real money for fake money either, but then I can't really imagine caring enough about a game to waste hours on tedious unfun busywork getting the fake money myself.</STRONG>

Maybe to hang out with real friends who live to far away to visit often?  Instead of just chatting, it gives you something to do  :)  Worth $15 a month in my book.

Phant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by termitehead:
<STRONG>

Maybe to hang out with real friends who live to far away to visit often?  Instead of just chatting, it gives you something to do   :)  Worth $15 a month in my book.</STRONG>

This is the next big challenge in MMOs I think. EVE is probobly the best in this regard. You CAN do the soul crushing grind work to make cash, but you can play it smart, make money off capitol investments or via providing services and goods where they are needed. Mercenary work is MAJOR business in EVE, and one of the most formidable power blocs in the game(back when I was playing at least) was the Mercenary Coalition. These days I just stick to mudding myself.

Pages: [1] 2