Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist Mcbroker  (Read 980 times)

siprus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist Mcbroker
« on: June 30, 2013, 02:31:04 pm »

If there is anything they COULD do while caravan comes to town they chose that over going to trade depot (For example hauling wood to woodstorage)

If you remove job they are currently doing they will automatically go to a break which will last well beyond how long caravan stay in town.

Urist Mcbroker. Don't take a break the one day of the year when i need you, And you don't have to sleep in flooding room. And get buried under my refuse pile.

I know that i can allow anyone trade, but i'd rather take advantage of some appraise skill so i don't have to guess prices every time new merchant comes to town.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Mcbroker
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 03:03:26 pm »

When you allow anyone to trade, the prices will still be displayed even if the stand-in has no appraise skill.  I've not seen any disadvantage to allowing anyone.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Emily Murkpaddled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 08:26:08 am »

Seeing prices despite the stand-in not having any Appraise skill is because they immediately gain Appraise skill when they investigate the caravan. I think only the first dwarf who sees each one gains skill, though, but I'm not 100% sure. If there are too few items and you get unlucky with the rolls, it's possible to not gain enough skill to see the prices, but this seems to be the exception rather than the rule for me and only really possible with the very first caravan.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 02:47:29 pm »

Yeah my broker decided that taking a bath was more important than trading for the fort's survival, so I had a random gem crafter trade for him. I proceeded to profit more in those few seconds than I had ever before with him.

And promptly replaced him. Now he's a soldier and a very happy one at that.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."