Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: C.O.R.E. Wars - On hiatus until further notice  (Read 49858 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

What are the energy requirements of various weapons and defenses, F.I.S.T.? Also, how do we generate energy?

"The energy toll is entirely dependent on the rate at which it is used and its concentration. Systems using energy of low concentration, but high rate will consume it equally as systems using high-concentration, low rate energy banks.
First Initiative Support Transporters generate energy from thermonuclear reactions taking place in the power system's core, but there are many alternative ways, ranging from burning of organic fuel to star panels to nuclear reactions. They however are not native to the F.I.S.T. systems and may not function properly."

// If you screw it up, that is. Properly installed systems will work fine unless something happens later on.
// Also, sorry for me "gradually" making the posts, but I tend to forget things, like in the previous post.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 02:54:39 pm by DarkDXZ »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is the energy requirement of maintaining a energy shield around the F.I.S.T. ship under strenuous laser fire?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

What is the energy requirement of maintaining a energy shield around the F.I.S.T. ship under strenuous laser fire?

"This is dependent on the concentration of the laser fire. The shields have relatively low energy tolls until the laser fire becomes very concentrated, such as that of XM4 Spearhead cannons."

// The AI also has some data on "stock" designs so we're not totally stranded. I highly encourage you to come up with your own ideas once we get to that part.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...F.I.S.T., I assume the shields are not very effective against ballistic weaponry? Other than the hull itself, do we have any countermeasure to being attacked by an assault chaingun or somesuch?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

/Review F.I.S.T. system specifications
/Increase maximum tolerances of energy conduits associated with F.I.S.T. Left engine, Right engine, and Shield system.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jettison RAM for hardest to read text.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Create solar panels to provide additional power than design a telerobot that uses low energy lasers to penetrate rock than acid to melt down rock and get metals

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Create solar panels to provide additional power than design a telerobot that uses low energy lasers to penetrate rock than acid to melt down rock and get metals
You're close.  But that seems terribly inefficient.  Find a silicon based asteroid, tow it into a closer orbit of our suns, and start melting it with some lasers while giving it a vertical rotation.  Eventual goal is a giant mirror.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile

remove small amounts of armor to increase delta-v acceleration and maximum payload.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

...F.I.S.T., I assume the shields are not very effective against ballistic weaponry? Other than the hull itself, do we have any countermeasure to being attacked by an assault chaingun or somesuch?

"The shields are easily penetrated by ballistic weaponry, but the adamantium hull, combined with its inclined shape provide protection against low-caliber ballistic projectiles. Missiles, however, the armor-piercing ones in particular, are very damaging. Relatively small size of First Initiative Support Transporters does allow for high maneuverability, however."

// Save your actual actions until we land somewhere. Also, I'm having fun with acronyms.

/ FTL jump destination achieved!
/ Loading stellar map...
/ Success!

// Blue triangle - our F.I.S.T. We're outside of an asteroid belt. Pink blob - the red giant. White blob - white dwarf. Two dots above the red giant are the gas giants of the system (the topmost one is a star outside the system, but closer than the other ones in the background). The adamantium-filled TH 965-966 b ice giant is between the two stars. The last gas giant is the purple dot on the bottom.

/? Where do we go now, what do we do?

UNIT/WHATEVER OVERVIEW (TURN #2)
Spoiler: C.O.R.E. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: F.I.S.T. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: T.O.A.D. (click to show/hide)

// The pace will be slower or faster at times, I promise.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:47:25 am by DarkDXZ »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.R.E. Wars - the white dwarf, the red giant and the 8-minded robot
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2013, 07:28:39 am »

/Land upon Purple dot.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.R.E. Wars - the white dwarf, the red giant and the 8-minded robot
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 07:42:25 am »

/Land upon Purple dot.

"I'm sorry, Executive, but it is not possible to land on a surface of a gas giant. However, TH 965-966 e (// the purple gas giant) does infact have four natural satellites orbiting it. Should we land on one of these instead?"

// I genuinely thought you would go for the b instead, but whatever, let's see what others think about this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.R.E. Wars - the dwarf, the giant and the robot
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 07:56:43 am »

Investigate all four gas giants and their satellites.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 08:29:34 am »

Investigate all four gas giants and their satellites.

// Not sure if I used the term "ice giant" correctly. It's a terrestrial planet, but with extremely low temperatures and ice everywhere. Sorry about that.
// Also, all of the planets in the system orbit both stars in a 8 pattern, should that matter later on in the game.

Spoiler: TH 965-966 b (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TH 965-966 c (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TH 965-966 d (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TH 965-966 e (click to show/hide)

// Didn't I mention I suck at giving you multiple perfectly viable choices? I think I do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 08:34:19 am »

Hm, high volcanic activity (and hence geothermal power) plus metal deposits...TH 965-966 e-a sounds pretty good. We're basically robots, without organic needs or whatever, correct?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8