Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32243 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation
« Reply #315 on: December 03, 2013, 11:13:47 pm »

I could have sworn this was dead. Too late to jump back in?
I need to put something interesting here.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 04, 2013, 10:29:49 am »

I could have sworn this was dead. Too late to jump back in?
Not at all. Go for it!

Look up some kind of security measures that I can install myself to keep this hidey-hole locked up nice and tight, along with some kind of safe that I can hide in a wall or the floor. Check the costs for all this, and keep an eye out for any Underground cyberdoctors.
Thankfully, downtown Seattle has pretty much every shop and store you can think of, and all within walking distance, if you're so inclined. You manage to find a thumbprint scanner lock and a wall safe at a home improvement store for 120¥.
As for cyberdoctors, the ones that are actually out in public are more legitimate establishments, even in the Underground. If you want to find a doctor that won't require a valid SIN, you should probably ask the local criminal elements, or get on the net and ask around in 'Runner chatrooms.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 08, 2013, 09:19:06 am »

Yo guys. Is this still going or is it shutting down? I don't really want to end it because I've got this plot cooked up, but if nobody wants to play anymore I'll stop the thread.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 08, 2013, 10:49:25 am »

I'd like to play, but I'm not sure what to do.

In fact, I'm a little fuzzy on what I can do. What's the prognosis?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 08, 2013, 05:12:29 pm »

I still want to play! Just let me finish my character the rest of the way!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 08, 2013, 10:39:24 pm »

With RPgeek here. Though replace finish with start.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 09, 2013, 10:48:45 am »

Yo guys. Is this still going or is it shutting down? I don't really want to end it because I've got this plot cooked up, but if nobody wants to play anymore I'll stop the thread.

((I wasn't really part of the main group anyway, so it's not like I got any idea what to do. My lead into doing something was torpedoed by a 1 roll. I'd be willing to get a fresh start however.

Edit: Also, I was never added to the OP and have lost my character sheet :P))

'Manta' was bored. He was a bit richer, but surely no wiser-and no closer to putting off his luncheon with a Dragon. All his contacts had gone to ground, and he couldn't blame them-the heat was on, everyone who was smart, was careful. There wasn't much to do otherwise, though. It seemed everyone was staying in doors, waiting for the rain to stop...

He wondered what to do. With no amusements offering, he thought a spell of the quiet life would do him well. If he was going to die, well, let it be on his own time-with a beer in hand, hopefully. He thought he might visit Holly. She was, had been, once before his girlfriend...though. He had always believed he had fallen in love with her name before her face, though when he saw her for the first time, he had been truly smote. She quickened his temper in a way not even speed and thrills of driving could. He couldn't say that about anyone else.

He had a few like her, women he liked quite alot-he stayed with them, now and again. Just enough to get a measure of peace, and help them as he knew he could. They certainly never asked where the money came from, or where he was going afterwards-and he never stayed long enough to let them wonder, though he supposed he left a lingering impression. Well, Holly was the most special one...he thought if he ever settled straight, it would be with her.

But, it was a fools fantasy-triggered by a stroke of melancholy, he thought. Maybe she'd be with another person by now, someone honest. He would move on anyways. He always did.

Action: Manta lies low and keeps in touch with his contacts, waiting for the heat to die down and jobs to surface once again. Maybe find one of my old girlfriends and live quietly for awhile.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 11:07:55 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 11, 2013, 01:22:35 pm »

Thomas Mayfield has retired.
He was the closest thing you had to a Faceman, so any new characters might want to think about filling that role. We have a newbie coming in soon and another on the way.

I'd like to play, but I'm not sure what to do.

In fact, I'm a little fuzzy on what I can do. What's the prognosis?
Sorry, I had plot lined up for you, but I wanted to make sure it was okay to pass a week or so first. It seems like that's fine, so I'll go ahead and do it now.

After a week of drifting in and out of consciousness, only awakening to be given medication or to be asked a bunch of diagnostic questions, Dr. Robinson wakes you up without the usual pill bottle or clipboard in hand.
"Good morning, Mos. As you know, I've been monitoring your recovery over the past week, and you're doing much better than expected. However, I didn't wake you just to give you some good news. I'm afraid that dark aura surrounding you has failed to dissipate. I originally thought the taint would be removed with the sickness, but it seems I was mistaken. I don't know when it will dissipate; it could take months, or years. It could stay with you the rest of your life."
At that point you hear the nasally voice of Mari calling out from the back room, "Hey doc! I need you back here!"
The doctor turns back to you, looking a little more rushed, "I'm sorry, I'll have to go. You're free to leave whenever you can stand up and walk out." He turns to leave, but seems to remember something, "Oh, and don't worry about paying me. A friend of yours named Tom took care of it. He also wanted to tell you not to expect him around anymore. Such is the fate of proffesional relationships, eh?" With that, he quickly disappears into the back room.

Action: Manta lies low and keeps in touch with his contacts, waiting for the heat to die down and jobs to surface once again. Maybe find one of my old girlfriends and live quietly for awhile.
You manage to find an old girlfriend who doesn't hate you (a remarkable feat I'm sure) and lay low for a while, occasionally checking  the net for your contacts to get back to you about jobs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 11, 2013, 01:55:48 pm »

"Great, just great."

Mos heads out and returns home, before checking his personal "library," Wiccapedia (the amusingly-named community-edited website for assorted magical things), and elsewhere for information on similar phenomena.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 11, 2013, 03:56:05 pm »

Guinevere goes and tries to find an 'underground' range of some sort to practice her skill with her pistols.
I need to put something interesting here.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 12, 2013, 10:18:36 am »

Outfit my bolt-hole with some creature comforts, supplies, some books and magazines and the locks, making sure to make the lock look old and used. Then go looking for someone who can buy and sell guns in the underground.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 18, 2013, 03:24:17 pm »

Mos heads out and returns home, before checking his personal "library," Wiccapedia (the amusingly-named community-edited website for assorted magical things), and elsewhere for information on similar phenomena.
You can't find anything about this in any official capacity, but you manage to find several personal accounts within the magical community of similar things happening around the Seattle area in the past few months. The accounts usually start with getting bitten by an animal of some kind, usually one that looks rabid and/or deformed in some way. The bite then leads to a sickness that sets in remarkably quickly, with common symptoms including headaches, vomiting, bowel problems, spell failure and/or difficulty casting spells, intense dreams or visions, and in some cases, vivid hallucinations. Some have reported dreaming of their loved ones melting and burning to ash, others dreamt of doomsday and of strange magical creatures laying waste to entire armies. The sickness seems to go away after varying degrees of time. Some report it passing after a few days, some report it lingering for a month or more, although all cases report a significant dark aura sticking with them, and none have reported it ever dissipating.

Guinevere goes and tries to find an 'underground' range of some sort to practice her skill with her pistols.
It's not exactly an "official" range, but you know of a bar where once every week or so they take a bunch of empty bottles out back and uses them for target practice. The owner manages to make enough money off it that he's able to bribe an officer or two to look the other way, since a bunch of drunks discharging firearms in an alleyway can lead to a few... complaints. Fortunately nobody's been too badly hurt yet, or else the owner might end up closing down this weekly event.
((If you want to improve your Pistol skill you'll have to spend Karma, but this place can just be used as flavor if you're interested))

Outfit my bolt-hole with some creature comforts, supplies, some books and magazines and the locks, making sure to make the lock look old and used. Then go looking for someone who can buy and sell guns in the underground.
All in all, everything comes out to about 800 nuyen. You have some lights, a makeshift kitchen, a bed and some chairs. You also hide the wall safe behind an old bookshelf. Most books and magazines have switched to digital print nowadays, but you manage to find a few good paper ones for relatively cheap. Hope you like Tolstoy.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]