Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32241 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Chapter 1: Smash and Grab
« Reply #300 on: October 03, 2013, 12:14:07 am »

MANTA nods as everyone steps in, gunning the engine.

"I suggest use of the harnesses, my new friends. Let's get out of here." He says casually.

Action: Time to drive! Act casual...lets get out of here.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 03, 2013, 10:18:27 am »

Keep watch behind us, make sure nobody follows.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 06, 2013, 02:22:12 pm »

stabilizing him with both her magic at a power of 5 and with her physical medical skill
Guinevere: Spellcasting (4)
Guinevere: Drain Resist (2/2)

Spoiler: Condition Track (click to show/hide)
You manage to heal his physical wounds, but he still looks terrible. Unfortunately there is no way to heal Stun damage without natural rest and recuperation.
She also casts a physical barrier at a power of 5
Guinevere: Spellcasting (4)
Guinevere: Drain Resist (4/5)

Spoiler: Condition Track (click to show/hide)
The barrier goes up, mostly protecting you from any contagious effects, but also preventing you from interacting with him in any way.
[ROLL]

Action: Time to drive! Act casual...lets get out of here.
Start the van, once everyone is in that is getting in drive off in the opposite direction from the sound of the sirens.
You manage to drive off just as the police arrive, followed closely by a team of firemen. Luckily, they either don't notice you drive off, or are too busy with the commotion at the scene to deal with you. Congratulations! You've completed your first job!

Your contact appears on your commlink, congratulating you on a job well done. "A little loud for my tastes, but you got the job done, and with minimal casualities, so I'm wiring the reward to your account, with a slight deduction for damages of course. Oh, and good work with the mainframe, you'll find your bonus in your account as well." With that, he disappears, and you hear the familiar beep of a transaction being made.

Everyone gets ¥10000.
Everyone except Manta gets an extra ¥5000. (Sorry, but I've gotta even it out)
Everyone gets 3 Karma.
Mos, Nalmar, Hakron and Boomer get an extra point.
Guinevere gets two extra points.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 06, 2013, 11:01:59 pm »

"Cha-ching baby! Now let's get out of here, scrub ourselves down and go home." Hakron supplied from the back of the truck, grinning widely at a job well done.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation
« Reply #304 on: November 16, 2013, 03:05:53 am »

Alright everybody, I'm back for the foreseeable future!

You've got a dying mage, a handful of cash, it's dark, and you're wearing sunglasses. Oh and you're probably wanted for murder, arson, breaking and entering, destruction of property, and several other miscellaneous misdemeanors. At least nobody saw your faces, right?

You all have free reign at this point until another situation arises. I'm assuming you want to take Mos to some kind of doctor, but how you go about that is up to you. A public medical facility is usually a bad place to go to for a Shadowrunner, since even the free clinics usually require a valid SIN. DocWagon is an option, but they'll want you to pay for a contract on top of the medical expenses. On top of that there are a few underground medical clinics, usually 'Runner-only, but they can be pretty sketchy and unsanitary, and you'll have to know about the city and the Shadowrunning community in the area to even be able to find one, let alone get in.

Usually if a corp wants to contact you again for a job, they'll wait a couple weeks at minimum to give you time to lay low and to sort out publicity for themselves. Another corp could contact you in that time, but while word of mouth spreads fast on the streets, corporations don't exactly tell each other who they've hired to commit crimes for them. You can always go looking on the net for jobs, since 'Runner chatrooms and message boards usually have people spreading the latest gossip about corporate espionage. If all else fails, you can always look for a quick job with a local gang or the Yakuza, although it would probably end up being highly immoral even by Shadowrunner standards.

Again, what you do now it up to you. No railroading or hand-holding. Now get out there and cause some trouble!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2013, 12:50:18 pm »

Leave the others to figure out what to do with Mos and then turn to the internet, and any contacts I can get in touch with to pinpoint a decent Black Market dealer in the area.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 19, 2013, 03:02:02 am »

Manta looks around for any...vehicular amusements he might get into. Maybe a street race or something. Time for general debauchery as well.

Also, possibly get my car changed up if I feel was identified in the job. At least a new paint job!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 19, 2013, 08:21:42 am »

Get healed up.

((Don't we have a magical healer or two?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 19, 2013, 10:22:56 pm »

Go get cleaned off in a safe place (NOT MY HOME) and then go online to search for a weapons and gear dealer that I could get some things from, and see if I can also find a reliable cyberware surgeon too. Make sure to leave my loot in a safe and hidden place underground so it can't be traced back to me.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 19, 2013, 11:51:02 pm »

Guinevere does not have the equipment, nor, frankly, the skill to treat your condition. You need a full-fledged doctor at this point.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2013, 10:16:46 am »

Guinevere does not have the equipment, nor, frankly, the skill to treat your condition. You need a full-fledged doctor at this point.
One more note on that: I was going to allow her to attempt to heal him, but she doesn't even have the Cure Disease spell she would need.

Manta looks around for any...vehicular amusements he might get into. Maybe a street race or something. Time for general debauchery as well.

Also, possibly get my car changed up if I feel was identified in the job. At least a new paint job!

A good paint job will cost about 25¥. As for a street race, let's see if you can find one first.
Manta: Area Knowledge: Seattle (1)
Finding a good street race after reports of murder and arson is understandably hard with all the cops snooping around downtown. For most people, getting put in jail for a year or two isn't worth a little extra adrenaline and a handful of cash.

Go get cleaned off in a safe place (NOT MY HOME) and then go online to search for a weapons and gear dealer that I could get some things from, and see if I can also find a reliable cyberware surgeon too. Make sure to leave my loot in a safe and hidden place underground so it can't be traced back to me.
You could probably find a good safehouse in the underground. The Orks police themselves, so even if you do something illegal on the surface, Lone Star doesn't have much jurisdiction down there. As for a gear dealer, I'll give you an availability roll modified by any Computer skill.
Hakron: Negotiate + Computer (0)
No surprise there, you were rolling two dice. If you were rolling straight Negotiation you would've been rolling a single die. Might be worth sinking some Karma into Negotiation.

Get healed up.
Guinevere: Knowlege - Underworld - Medicine (5)
Thankfully for you, while Guinevere may not be able to heal you up, she knows someone who can.

You arrive in a relatively quiet part of Tacoma, somewhere near SeaTac. The address you have is a little dated, but the crudely drawn Rod of Asclepius on the door tells you you're at the right place. You knock on the door and a rather unkempt looking Dwarf answers. She doesn't say anything at first, instead noticing the deathly condition of a certain elf and quickly rushing you inside. The "clinic" looks more like a large apartment than anything. Medical equipment is piled in different corners, and desks and tables are littered with gear and guns. A couple of uncomfortable looking cots are pushed up against a wall, and an operating table sits near the "kitchen", which is stuffed with high-tech surgical equipment.
The Dwarf calls out into the back of the clinic, "Hey, doc! We got a pretty bad one! Looks like he's about ready to puke out his lower intestine!"
An older, familiar looking man steps out of the back room wearing a white coat and a stethoscope. You can definitely feel a powerful magical aura coming off of him, and upon getting close to Mos, he recoils and looks a bit worried.
"I'm not sure how to say this, but you have a very strong magical taint emanating from your aura. Please go lie down on that bed, I'll need to preform some tests to make sure it isn't dangerous to any of us. Safety precautions and such."
As Mos lies down, the doctor introduces himself. "My name is Dr. Robinson. Guinevere already knows me as a... professional contact. This is my assistant," He gestures to the Dwarf, busily operating a holographic display emitting from a small implant in her cheek, "She calls herself Mari, although I've yet to find out what her real name is; She's a relatively new hire."
He begins casting a few diagnostic spells, looking a bit relieved as he finishes. "The good news is, the taint is not contagious. The bad news is that, being as magically attuned as you are, this 'disease' is going to cause you a lot more pain before it's through. As long as you stay here you are certain to survive, but you will need to rest as much as you can. I would give it two weeks at the very least. Three to be safe."
He turns to Mari, "Get me an IV with some Penicillin and a bottle of Vicodin. In fact, make it two bottles."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2013, 10:32:15 am »

"The aftermath is as fun as ever."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 30, 2013, 11:33:33 am »

Go ahead and head into the underground, looking for spots where I can make a safehouse or bolthole. Keep an eye open for out of the way places, abandoned storage cabinets and lockers and possible underground chambers.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2013, 09:48:22 pm »

Go ahead and head into the underground, looking for spots where I can make a safehouse or bolthole. Keep an eye open for out of the way places, abandoned storage cabinets and lockers and possible underground chambers.
You manage to find a little hidey-hole off in an abandoned tunnel section. On the upside, it's fairly private. On the downside, it's a tiny, empty, dirty room with a sink and toilet off to one corner. Not exactly a comfortable home, and not one you can lock up either, but it should fit your needs rather nicely.

--BREAKING NEWS--
A fire broke out at a corporate laboratory on the outskirts of the city late last night, leaving 8 dead and dozens wounded. Sources say that a group of armed forces infiltrated the lab, killing at least 4 people, before deactivating the fire safety system and setting the building ablaze. We haven't been able to find out how many infiltrators took part in this incident, but witnesses report to have seen at least one Dwarf, and "a man with the head of a coyote,' who we can only assume is a shaman of some kind. The blaze also freed several animals being kept in the basement of the facility for testing, which also caused several deaths, as the animals all reacted very violently, and therefor had to be put down. Fuchi, the owners of the lab, released a statement on the matter early this morning.
"Fuchi regrets to see this kind of thing happen to its employees," says Susan Kelley, head of PR at Fuchi's Seattle branch, "All Fuchi employees, including corporate security, who have been hurt or injured in the fire will receive reparations, and all hospital bills will be paid for. Our corporation would like to assure our employees, and the citizens of Seattle, that steps are being taken to catch those responsible, and punish them to the full extent of the law." There is no word as of yet as to what Fuchi is doing to catch these infiltrators, and Lone Star has made it clear that this is a fairly low priority case, as the assassination of Horizon's Head of Staff earlier in the week still remains unsolved.
Fuchi also stated that it did lose some very valuable research in the fire, but there is no word yet as to whether it was stolen, or simply destroyed. Kelley, however, assured investors that the data loss only sets them back a few weeks, "While it's true that we lost a considerable amount of data, along with our head researcher, none of our other research staff were lost in the incident, and most were not seriously injured. It will only take us a week or so to get set up in a new lab, and from there it shouldn't be too hard to replicate our earlier research."
This is only the first of many setbacks Fuchi has faced this month, following the untimely death of its CEO, Akio Yamamoto, on the 5th, Fuchi has had one of their corporate offices condemned, and another one shut down due to an employee killing his boss and several coworkers. Meanwhile, their stock has been falling steadily as more and more investors lose faith and take up more stock with corporations like Evo and Mitsuhama. The question is, can Fuchi pull out of this nosedive before going the way of the dodo?
--Turner Soul, Seattle Times

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 03, 2013, 11:04:34 pm »

Look up some kind of security measures that I can install myself to keep this hidey-hole locked up nice and tight, along with some kind of safe that I can hide in a wall or the floor. Check the costs for all this, and keep an eye out for any Underground cyberdoctors.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22