Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32341 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Chapter 1: Smash and Grab
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2013, 09:41:10 am »

Hakron shook his head and reached into his pack to pull out a folded, plastic lined duffel bag, snapping it into shape with a flick of his wrist.

"Check 'em for stuff we can use, keys and the like. I'll take whatever gear that we could sell later. Then see if you can hide the bodies. We should have a few minutes before someone notices something, so hurry."

Search the dead guards for what gear and armour they have on them. Pass out any keys they have to my teammates.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2013, 09:59:19 am »

Guinevere thinks for a few moments. She couldn't see inside nor communicate with the rest of the team with her magic from out here- she would be nearly useless.

The building is probably in chaos now, she could probably slip inside amongst the ruckus. Maybe she could find out the source of what was draining her mana?

Guinevere enters the building, trying to make her way to the other shadowrunners if possible. If not, searching for the source of mana drain.
I need to put something interesting here.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2013, 12:02:20 pm »

You skipped my turn.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2013, 12:55:27 pm »

"I'll check for threats."

Use Astral Perception and look around.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2013, 03:24:57 pm »

Do a quick inspection of the guard's stuff, looting anything of value (especially explosives)

Thomas, nodded and began a quick patdown of the guards, grimacing at how messy the takedowns had been, before looking for an open storage locker or box to store the corpses in, or even an open ventilation duct

"You know, given the blood from the stabbings and the gunfire, I'm not sure hiding the bodies is gonna do us a whole lot of good. Dwarf is handling the Mainframe right? So how do we get to the lab from here?"
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2013, 04:23:40 pm »

"For future reference, try to avoid killing people. And before you ask: The first corpse is really the only one that matters. Anything after that just makes things a bit worse."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2013, 02:43:20 pm »

Ensure I have a copy of all the files on the mainframe and then delete everything on it. Afterwards see if I can't leave a virus behind on the mainframe that will infect anything that connects to or is already connected to the mainframe, sending a copy of all the files on it to me before destroying every trace of its existence in both systems.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 12, 2013, 06:15:38 pm »

You skipped my turn.
So I did. Sorry! My bad!
Survey the damage to the roof. Check if my gecko glove things will work on the outside of the building.
The roof has a rather large hole in it, and you can see down into several offices through it. One of them seems to be the head researcher's office, because he's unconscious in it. You can hear a lot of heavy footsteps and shouting coming from the second floor. You should probably hurry if you're going to do anything else on the roof.
Your Gecko Tape Gloves do, in fact, work on the outside of the building, and the inside, as well. They work on pretty much any surface that isn't wet.

Search the dead guards for what gear and armour they have on them. Pass out any keys they have to my teammates.
Do a quick inspection of the guard's stuff, looting anything of value (especially explosives)
You get:
3 Armor Vests
3 Fichetti Security 600 Pistols
1 HK 227X SMG
2 Flashbangs
Any security keys they have would be on their commlinks, and unfortunately you couldn't find any commlinks on them. They must be implanted.
Dwarf is handling the Mainframe right?
Your employer wanted the mainframe physically destroyed. Nalmar is only grabbing the files off of it. So unless you want to forfeit the bonus, you'll have to go down there and blow the thing up yourself.
Use Astral Perception and look around.
There are dozens of threats around you. None of them are human, and all of them are magical. You can even sense some auras that are neither human, nor animal. Some kind of biological machines; perversions of nature. All of these things are behind walls and doors, in storage rooms. You also sense a familiar aura coming around the corner...

Guinevere enters the building, trying to make her way to the other shadowrunners if possible. If not, searching for the source of mana drain.
You can't pinpoint the location of the drain, but you do know where your vision of Hakron came from. Entering the building, you find that the ground floor is deserted, so you quickly make your way downstairs, not knowing when the guards would be back, if at all.
The first basement floor is dimly lit by red emergency lights. It's almost hard to see down here. Eventually, you make your way to where you think the others are, seeing them standing over three dead bodies.

Ensure I have a copy of all the files on the mainframe and then delete everything on it. Afterwards see if I can't leave a virus behind on the mainframe that will infect anything that connects to or is already connected to the mainframe, sending a copy of all the files on it to me before destroying every trace of its existence in both systems.
You take all the files and set everything up perfectly. Nobody's connecting to this terminal without a nasty surprise. Now to get out of here and send these files off to your employer.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2013, 06:51:00 pm »

Mos swears.

"Good news and bad news. Good news: I know the bad news. Bad news: There's some paracritters around here. Some of 'em aren't even natural. Watch your step. If I tell you that something's behind a door, get ready to shoot or run."

Keep Perceiving, paying special attention to any auras that are approaching. Warn the others if one is.
Sig

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2013, 01:21:22 am »

I'm going to assume I brought my grenades with me.
I'm going to climb down toward the researcher's lab.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 13, 2013, 02:03:41 am »

Hakron stuffs the pistols and clips for them into the duffel bag, ignoring the vests and pockets both flashbangs before sheathing his axe (after wiping it on a clean part of a guards clothing) and then picking up and inspecting the SMG carefully.

"Leave the armour, it's too heavy to take with us for what it's worth. We need to move. Now. Head down towards the mainframe and stay alert. We're nailing that bonus."

Put all the pistols and their clips into the duffel bag, pocket both flashbangs and see if I can link up my smartlink to the SMG. If I can't, just unload it and shove it into the duffel bag as well, with it's clips. Then head towards the mainframe quietly, using either my pistol or my newly linked SMG to check around corners first with the smartgun camera.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2013, 07:03:40 am »

Since I didn't say it:

Stick with the group.
Sig

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 13, 2013, 10:51:19 am »

Head down to the mainframe with the rest of the group
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2013, 06:24:39 pm »

Put all the pistols and their clips into the duffel bag, pocket both flashbangs and see if I can link up my smartlink to the SMG. If I can't, just unload it and shove it into the duffel bag as well, with it's clips. Then head towards the mainframe quietly, using either my pistol or my newly linked SMG to check around corners first with the smartgun camera.
(The rules don't say anything about smartlinking a dead person's weapon, so I'll just go with something that makes sense.) In order to smartlink a weapon that has previously been smartlinked, you'll have to reset said smartlink, which would either require the original owner to authorize it, or a hacker to crash its OS and force a reset. Neither of which are going to happen right now.
Head down to the mainframe with the rest of the group
Keep Perceiving, paying special attention to any auras that are approaching. Warn the others if one is.
The group begins heading down to the third basement floor. There are no guard patrols down here, but plenty of hostile auras. It's one big magical mess down here, and the entire floor is still on emergency lighting. Before anyone goes into the mainframe room, Mos senses quite a few auras inside. You can't tell exactly what they are, but none of these things are natural.

I'm going to climb down toward the researcher's lab.
Your gloves give you an advantage, but not enough. You fall down onto the floor below. It's not a long fall, but it's still a pretty hard landing.
Fotunately, all you did was knock the wind out of yourself. Painful, but it won't cause any lasting damage. You get up, catch your breath, and dust yourself off. Oh look, there's the head researcher, right underneath you. He's still breathing, but your guess is he's got a few broken ribs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2013, 06:28:12 pm »

"Woah, stop. Lots of auras inside. All unnatural. I know we've got to go in there, but let's see if there's a way to get in without opening ourselves up."

Try assensing the auras.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22