Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32389 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Chapter 1: Smash and Grab
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2013, 04:52:20 am »

Hmm. I'm going to head to a postage place, and buy the largest box I can fit comfortably under an arm. I will then fill it with explosives and see how much fits. I also want to get in touch with my cop buddy and see if he has a copter at his disposal for a quick ride.
I'm going to assume you started doing this before the job started, because if you're just starting now, by the time you're done, the job will be long over.
Anyway, you grab a cardboard box about the size of a loaf of bread and fill it with a couple pounds of Semtex, and then you call up your friend in Lone Star and see if he can give you a lift.
"Hey no problem, man. I'm off in 5, I'll pull out the chopper for you and bring it over. Where did you say you were again?"
Now you're on the roof in a chopper with a few pounds of plastic explosive.
You set up the explosives, add a detonator, and get ready to blow up a roof.

Prepare to ambush the guards with the others with my combat axe when the cameras go down.
As you prepare your attack, a large explosion rocks the entire building, knocking you off balance for a moment. Seconds later, the lights go out, and the cameras shut off. The building is silent except for the faint shouts and footsteps of guards on the floor above.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2013, 05:55:45 am »

Activate my wired reflexes and attack with the combat axe! No mercy!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 06:05:39 am by Zako »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2013, 07:29:07 am »

Mos muses to himself: Now that is a distraction...

This doesn't interrupt him as he prepares to cast Stunball on the guards.

EDIT: By the way, is there a reason Mos's sheet isn't in the second post yet?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:45:03 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2013, 07:44:01 am »

"Zed, I want you to go find a way into the building's security system, and break your way into it, ensure you are not detected but notify me when your in or if you fail to get in."

With that Nalmar turned and began making his way down towards the mainframe, he needed to hurry and get there before the others got into the real building.

Have Zed try and hack into the buildings security system while I head down into the basement to hack the mainframe.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2013, 09:33:25 am »

shoot the most heavily armed guard
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2013, 09:42:47 am »

((Are you sure that's a good idea? Gunfire might draw attention from above...))

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2013, 09:58:29 am »

((Pulsar is a stun weapon. shouldnt be nearly as loud as a gunshot. Also i have no melee weapon))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2013, 10:33:33 am »

((Ah ok. I didn't know that. I'm hoping to get a tazer soon for non-lethal takedowns.))

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2013, 11:34:39 am »

Guinevere worriedly looks up at the building- why was her magic dispelled?

She tries to see if she could counter-spell the effect draining her own spells.
I need to put something interesting here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2013, 12:37:33 pm »

((The wonders of Stunball...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2013, 01:57:17 pm »

Look for any access points to the roof, and try to gauge the extend of damage that this will cause.

"Nalmar, I've got a few pounds of C4 on the roof ready to go. Just tell give me a signal when you need that distraction."
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:59:13 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2013, 02:32:25 pm »

Look for any access points to the roof, and try to gauge the extend of damage that this will cause.

"Nalmar, I've got a few pounds of C4 on the roof ready to go. Just tell give me a signal when you need that distraction."
((Wait... if YOU weren't the cause of the explosion, then what was?))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2013, 07:31:16 pm »

((Maybe I was. I'm not sure...))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 08, 2013, 11:15:37 pm »

((I hope it was you... Otherwise we are going to be in trouble...))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2013, 02:22:35 am »

((Maybe I was. I'm not sure...))
You were. However, you don't think blowing a hole in the roof would've knocked out the power, especially since, looking through the hole you just made, the power on the third floor is still on.
Oh look, there's the head researcher, passed out on his face under a pile of rubble. What a coincidence.
EDIT: By the way, is there a reason Mos's sheet isn't in the second post yet?
Nah, I'm just lazy. It's up there now. I still have to add Boomer, though. I'll get to him eventually...

cast Stunball on the guards.
Activate my wired reflexes and attack with the combat axe! No mercy!
shoot the most heavily armed guard
Now, I'm not completely sure how surprise rounds work, but as far as I can tell from the rules, everyone rolls an initiative test before the actual init is rolled, and the surprised party has to beat the surprising party, or else they can't take any direct action during the first combat round. This includes attacking, defending and dodging. Since this is an ambush situation, the ambushers get a +6 to this test.
CorpSec(A): Initiative Test (2)
CorpSec(B): Initiative Test (3)
CorpSec(C): Initiative Test (1)

Just as the emergency lighting kicks on, bathing the room in red light, the ambush begins.
Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Combat - Round One - Pass One
Mos readies his stunball spell, trying to make sure he doesn't hit Hakron in the process.
As Guinevere noticed before, something seems to be draining the mana from the area, making it more difficult to cast spells.
CorpSec: Opposed Wilpower Test (0)
Each CorpSec guard takes 3 stun damage. Meanwhile, Mos must save against spell drain.
The CorpSec guards are surprised, and therefor cannot take actions this round.
Hakron and Tom attack at the same time, having rolled the same initiative. The guards cannot defend this round, so the attacks automatically hit. Now the guards just need to roll to resist the damage. Hakron is attacking the nearest guard, (C), while Tom is shooting the most heavily armed, (B).
CorpSec(C): Damage Resist (0)
CorpSec(C) takes 7 damage and falls over, choking and spluttering in a pool of his own blood.
CorpSec(B): Damage Resist (0)
CorpSec(B) takes 6 stun damage and remains standing, albeit looking very sick

Combat - Round One - Pass Two
Hakron, possessing wired reflexes, gets a second initiative pass, and attacks again, this time aiming for CorpSec(A)
CorpSec(A): Damage Resist (1)
CorpSec(A) takes 6 damage and a nasty puncture wound to the chest. He staggers and coughs up blood, looking about ready to pass out, himself.

Have Zed try and hack into the buildings security system while I head down into the basement to hack the mainframe.
Zed tweets an acknowledgement, and heads up the tube to find the security hub. Meanwhile, you head down the tube, finding yourself inside the main terminal node. Packets of data fly past you at seemingly blinding speeds, even with your perception of time slowed considerably due to VR. You load up a Browse program and get to work finding the file you need, flying quickly through the terminal, searching through millions of files per second.
The file in question was not just one file, but an entire archive. It looks like Ares wants most, if not all of the research findings, not just one thing.
Now that you have the file, you should probably get out... But then again, your employer never told you not to look at the files...
Zed snaps you out of your decision-making, beeping about how he has complete control of the security, and is awaiting your commands.

She tries to see if she could counter-spell the effect draining her own spells.
Whatever this is, it's not a spell. It doesn't feel natural, either. It doesn't necessarily feel evil, but it doesn't feel like a good thing either.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22