Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32378 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Chapter 1: Smash and Grab
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2013, 09:10:13 am »

"Sounds like as good a plan as any."

((Out of curiosity, why is my character sheet not with the others?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2013, 10:15:17 am »

"yeah, sounds good. say we wait about 5 minutes after they're gone before following? don't want to arouse too much suspicion"
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2013, 10:19:22 am »

((whoops))

Guinevere examines the building with Clairvoyance, trying to see how many guards there are and get more exact patrol routes.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:56:03 am by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2013, 11:09:10 am »

"Sounds good. I'll lead and you guys follow me." Hakron replied as he headed off to a position to follow the patrol.

Get into a position to follow the patrol and then stealthily follow them 5 minutes later.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2013, 12:47:18 pm »

((Out of curiosity, why is my character sheet not with the others?))
Because I am a big dumb and keep forgetting to put it up.
Oh, and you do know that the Shapechange spell only turns you into animals, right? probably should've mentioned that before...
...Probably, yeah.
I'm not sure why, though. If a spell can turn you into anything from a jellyfish to a chimpanzee, and I think to dragons and various supernatural creatures*, why not meta/humans?
*I'd have to check.
Quote from: SR4
Shapechange transforms a voluntary subject into a normal (non-paranormal) critter, though the subject retains human consciousness.
By "critter" they mean stuff from the "Critters" section of the book. Everything in that section is an animal.

Get into a position to follow the patrol and then stealthily follow them 5 minutes later.
Making your way down to the first basement floor, you find the patrol you were looking for. It looks like they've started their route a little ahead of schedule.
In your attempt to shadow this patrol, you managed to trip and fall on your face, taking 2 stun damage. Way to go.
CorpSec: Perception Test (2)
"Hey, did you hear that? Wait, what the hell? Guys, there's this Ork with a bloody nose following us."

Guinevere examines the building with Clairvoyance, trying to see how many guards there are and get more exact patrol routes.
Something in there is... Wrong. Something is clouding your magical senses, and it's not any kind of counterspell you know of. It's almost as if the building itself is draining the mana from the surrounding area.
All you manage to catch a glimpse of is a hazy image of Hakron, bleeding and in danger, and then you feel something prodding at the back of your mind, faintly whispering in a language you don't quite understand.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 01:29:03 pm by AlleeCat »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2013, 01:37:09 pm »

((Dammit, I am skilled in stealth! That wasn't meant to happen! I must improve my stats and skills it seems...))

"Ow, damn shoes... I'm new here and I think I'm lost... Can you tell me what part this is?" Hakron told the guards, looking as clueless as he usually did. He did this with one hand pressed against his back seemingly, but he was actually using it to desperately signal his teammates for help. Hopefully they would understand...

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2013, 01:42:35 pm »

((wait, did the rest of us follow with him, cause I thought that was the plan?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2013, 01:51:26 pm »

"Well Zed lets get to work cracking their entire system I don't want a single bit of their systems under their control."

Work together with Zed to crack the firewall and get into the system.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2013, 04:49:24 pm »

((wait, did the rest of us follow with him, cause I thought that was the plan?))
I assumed you two were following a safe distance behind Hakron, so as not to compromise his attempt at shadowing the patrol.
((Dammit, I am skilled in stealth! That wasn't meant to happen! I must improve my stats and skills it seems...))
You're skilled in stealth, you just got a glitch and they got a lucky roll. They're not exactly running on all cylinders, remember?
"Ow, damn shoes... I'm new here and I think I'm lost... Can you tell me what part this is?" Hakron told the guards, looking as clueless as he usually did. He did this with one hand pressed against his back seemingly, but he was actually using it to desperately signal his teammates for help. Hopefully they would understand...
Spoiler: Hakron: Con Test (1) (click to show/hide)
CorpCec: Opposed Con Test (0)
"Um... Right... You're in the western part of the first floor basement. You'd better get out of here. They don't want more people down here than necessary."

"Well Zed lets get to work cracking their entire system I don't want a single bit of their systems under their control."

Work together with Zed to crack the firewall and get into the system.
Zed chirps and flashes excitedly; It's time to get to work. You don't have a Complex Form ready for Exploiting the firewall, but of course, this is no problem for a Technomancer.
Spoiler: Nalmar: Threading (2) (click to show/hide)
You thread a Rating: 2 'Exploit' form. Not the best you could do, but time is of the essence. You hand the threaded form over to Zed to sustain it. You might need it later, and sustaining a form yourself is taxing on your senses.
No problem. The firewall warning disappears, and you walk right into the building.
The Matrix version of the building is just a 3D floor plan. You can see several video feeds, each corresponding to a security camera. Several Personas patrol the halls, representing their real-life counterparts. You notice a large tube extending from the floor to the ceiling, data packets moving through it like raindrops. That tube should lead down to the main terminal in the basement, and up to the labs.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2013, 04:55:28 pm »

Scout the area around the target, find a place for a distraction that involves few civilian casualities, but will be extremely noticeable.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2013, 07:06:39 pm »

((ya know, if we know what route these guys are taking we COULD just ambush them further along the route))
Sneak closer, ready to support hakron if things go hot, draw pulsar

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2013, 01:00:49 am »

"Thanks. Hey, you wouldn't mind if I just tag along with you guys for this patrol? It's just so I can get the layout down. And to be honest... This place gives me the creeps..."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2013, 01:56:14 am »

Scout the area around the target, find a place for a distraction that involves few civilian casualities, but will be extremely noticeable.
This is Downtown Steattle. Anywhere you pick is going to have a lot of civilian casualties. Unless you founfd a way to blow a hole in the roof...

((ya know, if we know what route these guys are taking we COULD just ambush them further along the route))
Sneak closer, ready to support hakron if things go hot, draw pulsar
Spoiler: Tom: Shadowing Test(1) (click to show/hide)
CorpSec: Opposed Perception Check (Crit Glitch)
You somehow manage to sneak right past the patrol and around the corner while Hakron has them distracted. You are now in the perfect position for an ambush on both sides.
"Thanks. Hey, you wouldn't mind if I just tag along with you guys for this patrol? It's just so I can get the layout down. And to be honest... This place gives me the creeps..."
"Yeah, man. This place is pretty damn creepy. What with the rumors everybody's spreading around..."
"Shut up. They're just rumors. Those kinds of experiments are illegal anyway. No way they could get away with it."
"Legality hasn't stopped megacorps in the past, has it? I mean, the very existence of Shadowrunners proves that."
"Whatever. Let's just keep moving. Take up the back and watch our flank, newbie. Try not to bleed on us while you're at it..."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2013, 02:04:17 am »

Hmm. I'm going to head to a postage place, and buy the largest box I can fit comfortably under an arm. I will then fill it with explosives and see how much fits. I also want to get in touch with my cop buddy and see if he has a copter at his disposal for a quick ride.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2013, 02:52:37 am »

Nodded as he noticed his teammates passing by the guards silently. It was perfect.

"Sure thing. I got your back." Hakron replied. As the guards turned away, he silently readied his combat axe for a surprise attack and sent a private message to their hacker:

Now would be a good time to disable those cameras.

Prepare to ambush the guards with the others with my combat axe when the cameras go down.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22