Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32385 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Prologue: A Mystery in an Enigma in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2013, 02:37:57 pm »

(I thought it was standard operating procedure)
((It should be.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2013, 04:35:14 pm »

So if you guys are done planning, we can start the job. If not, you guys still have plenty of time to plan. I mean, I'm not putting any OOC time restrictions on you guys.
You have been at the diner for a little over three hours by now, though, and the waitress behind the counter keeps eyeing you suspiciously.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2013, 04:54:30 pm »

((I think we're about ready to go, Though I wouldnt mind an IC day long break so i can acquire the equipment I PM'd you about))
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2013, 10:00:34 pm »

((Pretty much done, I suppose. I'll spend the next day getting stuff and scouting the underground around where it joins up with the building. That and checking that my gear is properly sealed with plastic in where I've got it stored.))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2013, 02:56:28 am »

I'll spend the next day getting stuff and scouting the underground around where it joins up with the building.
Your scouting reveals that the tunnel in question is mostly deserted, although it is rather close to a highly populated area. A mall, to be more specific. The southern and eastern walls of the building stick out from the rock, and make it hard, (but not impossible) to squeeze through the tunnel to the other side, which leads to a dead end. If you don't want to have to squeeze through that area, you'd better blow the south wall.
Spoiler: Perception Test (1) (click to show/hide)
You can't really see anything out of the ordinary about the wall, just looks like concrete.

About 24 hours later, the plan begins. Almost immediately you can tell that your contact wasn't lying about the security forces you're up against, as a security team walks in through the automatic doors. Looks like you won't need to input the security codes, they'll just automatically activate from your PAN. Nalmar can already access the area through the Matrix from across the street and grab the data, (with a bit of resistance from the network, of course) or you can take him in with you and let him grab the data directly from the main terminal in the basement. Either way, you'll need to go in yourselves to deal with the physical copies, and to destroy the main terminal if you want that bonus.
So before I start making disguise checks, who is going into the building?

Oh and don't worry about your character sheets not getting updated. Rest assured I will get to that eventually.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Chapter 1: Smash and Grab
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2013, 08:10:48 am »

((I'm entering))
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2013, 08:11:44 am »

((Mos will also be going in.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2013, 08:17:21 am »

((Too bad by the time I noticed this game you guys were on the first mission :P

Try not to die! I'll be along to help soon enough...))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2013, 10:09:24 am »

((Of course the Street Samurai is going in. He's useless elsewhere!))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2013, 07:49:33 pm »

((I'm not going into the building, no need to risk my life when others could for me :D))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2013, 03:44:30 am »

Oh, and you do know that the Shapechange spell only turns you into animals, right? probably should've mentioned that before...
For future reference, the Physical Mask spell is the one you want. Since we're all new at this, including me, I'm going to make up for not telling you about that part, I'm going to give you each a free small container of nanopaste. Which Nalmar can program with whatever disguise you need. I'm going to assume that the three going into the building will want to look like generic CorpSec, so that's not exactly hard to do.
The nanopaste disguise just adds its rating (the result of the programming test) to your dice pool for disguise checks. It cannot alter your shape or size, just like the Mask/Physical Mask spells, and lasts for 24 hours.
((I'm entering))
((Of course the Street Samurai is going in. He's useless elsewhere!))
((Mos will also be going in.))
Spoiler: Tom: Disguise Test (2) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mos: Disguise Test (7) (click to show/hide)
Now normally, Tom's roll would get him caught immediately. But for some reason, the sample corporate security guards in the SR4 have absolutely no Perception skill to speak of.
CorpSec: Perception Test (0)
You won't ever get to see exactly what NPCs are rolling, but I'm just going to say that these guys were rolling 2 dice.

As you walk in, two CorpSec guards sitting at the front desk take notice of you.
"Oh, just what we need; more new guys..."
"I dunno, with those things in the basement, I feel a lot safer having plenty of backup here."
"Whatever. You weren't even supposed to go down there in the first place. Hey, newbies! Guard room is down the hall!" She points to the hall on her left. "Last door on the left. Patrol routes and schedules are on the big board."
"You gonna tell 'em?"
"Oh right. The bosses don't want us looking around downstairs too much. You're just supposed to patrol the hallways. Don't go into any of the storage rooms. If the higherups find out you've been snooping..."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 03:47:23 am by AlleeCat »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2013, 04:25:33 am »

Hakron just nods silently and heads towards the guard room. It was time to get the lay of the land...

Head to the guard room and check out what's there. Take note of the board and the patrol routes and times to see who's going to be where and when.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2013, 06:03:17 am »

Head to the guard room and check out what's there. Take note of the board and the patrol routes and times to see who's going to be where and when.
The guard room just looks like a large break room. Coffee machines, water coolers, couches... They've even got a real pool table. Most bars use AR pool tables and dart boards, but this is the real thing. Looks like someone was in the middle of a game, too.
The "big board" she was referring to is a large AR whiteboard. Normally it can be erased and written on at will, but someone has locked it down to make sure schedules aren't tampered with. Most of the patrol routes don't seem to overlap each other, but everyone seems to be patrolling in groups of two and three. Your best bet would be to wait until one of these groups is alone, and then taking over their route by force. You could also try to sweet talk them into letting you take over their route. Either way, there's a group of three that are about to start their route on the first basement floor in a few minutes. They'll be the only group on that floor for at least half an hour, so you'll have some time to shadow them and take them out before anyone else even arrives on the same floor.

((I'm not going into the building, no need to risk my life when others could for me :D))
Well of course! Why would you want to go inside when you could get in via the matrix? You relax a bit and let your mind fade into the Matrix. The world around you warps and trembles, turning into some alternate version of itself. Everything looks bigger and brighter. An almost unnatural light shines on the impossible geometry of the buildings, and you get a whiff of something... artificial. The familiar form of your sprite, Zed, materializes next to you, greeting you happily.
After taking a look at your surroundings for a moment, you cross the street and attempt to enter the building that represents the lab's node. Unfortunately, you walk headfirst into a firewall warning. Ouch.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2013, 07:54:23 am »

Oh, and you do know that the Shapechange spell only turns you into animals, right? probably should've mentioned that before...
...Probably, yeah.
I'm not sure why, though. If a spell can turn you into anything from a jellyfish to a chimpanzee, and I think to dragons and various supernatural creatures*, why not meta/humans?
*I'd have to check.

For future reference, the Physical Mask spell is the one you want.
For the record, that just makes an illusion that cameras believe.

And, as a side note, decking is one of those things that works much better in a forum-based game than a tabletop one.

I'd contribute but I just woke up from toolittle sleep and don't trust my own planning abilities.
Sig

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2013, 09:07:58 am »

Hakron takes note of the patrol route through the basement and goes and collects the group and brings them to the board.

"This patrol looks promising. We can take their place if we can hide their bodies somewhere discreet." He whispers quietly to them when he was sure that no one was paying attention.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22