Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32353 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Prologue: A Mystery in an Enigma in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2013, 08:11:19 am »

"We should check to see if there are any underground passages that we could use. Stuff like sewer lines, storm drains, subway tunnels and the like that we can use to escape through. That might work instead of getting a car.
The Ork Underground isn't exactly a secret here. Underneath Downtown there's a practical underground city, in which most of the Ork population has called their home. Pulling up maps of the underground would reveal that there once was a tunnel section running right underneath the lab, but has since been mostly walled off, possibly due to the construction of a new basement floor. One thing to note is that the residents of the Ork Underground don't really like non-Orks hanging around outside the designated tour groups, (With the exception of some Trolls) so while Hakron would have no trouble blending in, the other team members may have some trouble.
...barring a few Shapechange spells from Mos, of course.

-----

"It's clever. It might even work. Sufficient for a backup plan, that is certain."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2013, 09:18:53 am »

Hakon's eyes narrowed.

"Orks think just like humans do if they were in the same situation. We ARE related to humans closely after all, so keep that in mind. And you won't stick out if you don't talk to anyone and mind your own business.

And if you do stick out a bit, so what? It's the underground, it's not like there's security checkpoints on every street, or even at all for that matter. No one will care what you do if it doesn't affect them, and there's plenty of strange people in the underground as it is. No one is going to notice a few more weird people, and if they do, then they won't be able to tell anyone what you really look like because of the magic. So relax."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2013, 09:22:42 am »

"Excellent points, Hakron, but the issue isn't that they are orks...it's that they are Underground orks. They live in a different world, a different city. Guinevere may be being paranoid, but paranoia is how you stay alive."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2013, 10:23:10 am »

"I'm more in favor of that plan as well. I'd save going underground as our backup escape route, since I dont think many corps would be willing to send kill teams down there. Actually, we could potentially do both. One team enters through the front gate and deals with the upper floors while a second team enters from below, deals with the lower floors and secures the entrance for exfiltration."
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2013, 10:24:41 am »

"Divide and be conquered. If our plan doesn't rely on splitting up, stick together. Although..." Mos pondered.

"...We could have one or two of us underground as a distraction, although the rest of the team acting less panicky than expected would impair that somewhat."
Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2013, 10:51:34 am »

Nalmar had sat listening to the others plan for two long, sitting his now empty coffee aside and clearing his throat he finally breaks his self-induced silence,

"Splitting up won't do you very much good to begin with, entering through the Underground will be mostly pointless for us as I can handle wiping the mainframe from my safe spot outside the building. Entering as one team on ground level is the best bet, though not all in the same place as four people coming through the front door who are supposed to be guards will be suspicious unless you all find a way to blend in with the night shift guards when they arrive.

As a backup escape plan the Underground is excellent, it'll allow you guys to escape while I use the building's system to slow or distract the guards if I can. As for the earlier topic of a getaway car why don't we see if that head scientist has a car, I mean he practically lives in the building so that car would have to be there as well, once your in you could just take the man's keys.

Also Mos your idea for a distraction is a tad flawed, in that plan the team going through the underground  should be the one tasked with destroying the physical copies up top of the building while the ground team starts a distraction. In either case it'd come down to a firefight and there is to much risk of some of us dying in that situation, entering silent and coming out silent is how we should try to achieve this.

Of course if need be making a rather big deal of the exit wouldn't be near as dangerous so that should be fine if necessary, but anyway we have three days to prepare so we should use it wisely. I suggest a rather different plan, Hakron since your an ork you're a vital part of this plan, since we have time to prepare we should get our hands on some explosives and either a Steel Lynx or a combat adapted Roto-drone.

Hakron around twelve hours before the operation you would go to the location where the Underground connects to the building and set the explosives up to be remotely triggered along with setting up the drone there as well. Once thats done the plan would proceed as usual, however once you guys make your move on the physical copies Hakron will trigger the explosives, and I'll set off intruder alerts in the lower levels.

Some or most of the guards will move below to figure out whats going on, and then I would take control of the drone to distract those guards that went to investigate while you guys make your escape on the upper levels. And that is the entirety of my plan, of course the existing one is just as good and this one is more expensive just less dangerous."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2013, 10:58:52 am »

"I noted that my idea of a distraction was flawed. Coming off of flawed ideas with slightly better ones, seeing if this stumbles upon a clever idea, is an important part of brainstorming.

"The explosives, strangely enough, seem like a good idea. When your goal is simply to destroy something-or-other, destroying the whole building is an excellent last-ditch plan."
Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2013, 11:00:48 am »

"Destroying the whole building? It'd simple take out one wall of one of the basement levels, the building would still be standing from that and in perfect order for you all to escape."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2013, 11:01:59 am »

"Ah. That would also work."
Sig

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2013, 11:10:31 am »

since we have time to prepare we should get our hands on some explosives
Come to think of it, you know a guy who's good with explosives. He goes by the alias 'Boomer'(and would be played by Scelly9). You could always give him a call. The downside is, he's a Dwarf, and Dwarfs are especially unwelcome in the Ork Underground. The Dwarfs actually used to live there until a violent disagreement in the early 20's resulted in them leaving, resulting in some bad blood between the races in that area.
"I noted that my idea of a distraction was flawed. Coming off of flawed ideas with slightly better ones, seeing if this stumbles upon a clever idea, is an important part of brainstorming.

"The explosives, strangely enough, seem like a good idea. When your goal is simply to destroy something-or-other, destroying the whole building is an excellent last-ditch plan."
Just letting you know that since Ares wanted that area for themselves, destroying the whole building would probably considerably dock your pay. Repairing a few walls is relatively cheap, but rebuilding an an entire building? Not to mention the cleanup and possible collateral damage to surrounding buildings. Blowing up the entire building would be a very bad idea.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:14:00 am by AlleeCat »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2013, 11:13:47 am »

since we have time to prepare we should get our hands on some explosives
Come to think of it, you know a guy who's good with explosives. He goes by the alias 'Boomer'(and would be played by Scelly9). You could always give him a call. The downside is, he's a Dwarf, and Dwarfs are especially unwelcome in the Ork Underground. The Dwarfs actually used to live there until a violent disagreement in the early 20's resulted in them leaving, resulting in some bad blood between the races in that area.
(Which is where the mage who can turn people into other things comes into play.)

Just letting you know that since Ares wanted that area for themselves, destroying the whole building would probably considerably dock your pay. Repairing a few walls is relatively cheap, but rebuilding an an entire building? and not to mention the cleanup and possible collateral damage to surrounding buildings. Blowing up the entire building would be a very bad idea.
(Mos must have missed the memo.)
Sig

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2013, 01:17:16 pm »

"I'm afraid that my skills are not in demolition at this moment in time. I can shoot pretty much anything and everything, use almost any bladed weapon, be sneaky enough to get close enough to use one and I know a bit about getting around the city and first aid in case someone gets shot, but I don't trust myself to setup and detonate explosives. Not safely or not unless it's as simple as sticking something to a wall and pressing a button to arm it, then pulling a trigger to blow it.

I agree with blowing out a lower wall in the basement though. It will serve as a good distraction and if need be, an escape route for us to use. I can go to stand guard in the underground but you'll have to pilot the drone to the spot you want though. Those things are a lot more heavy than you may realise..."

Hakron looks around at the others for a moment before speaking again.

"Come to think of it... What can everyone do on this run exactly? I know the dwarf is our hacker, and I'm the muscle and stealth spec, and one of the mages can make people look different... But what is everyone else good at?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2013, 01:21:20 pm »

"While shapechange is my most memorable spell, I have others and I have other talents. I can kill with a touch or with a knife, I can see the Astral and avoid being seen on the material, I can remove and create gunshot wounds."
Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2013, 01:42:44 pm »

"I know a guy that can help with the explosives part of that problem, and the piloting would be no problem since I planned to anyway what I meant by set up was ensuring it had munitions and such to carry out its part. Anyway excuse me for a bit while I call up our explosives 'expert' ..."

With that Nalmar got up from the little meeting pulling a pack of smokes from a pocket as he stepped outside, lighting one up he takes a long drag from it before letting his hand fall to his side as he looked around the grungy street. Shaking his head at the sight he quickly calls up his contact 'Boomer',

"Hey Boomer I got a job for you, it involves blowing some shit up and destroying some things before hightailing it outta there, if you're interested we're having a meeting down at ..."

With that Nalmar spent a few minutes rattling off directions and idly chatting with the man before hanging up, as he finished the call he goes back to smoking, taking another long drag before flicking the half burnt smoke off into the street as he heads in side.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2013, 02:56:52 pm »

"i'm a generalist. worked corporate security for a few year, still have good relations with my old colleagues. Also have a BS in computer science so if we run into a system we cant hack from the outside I can take care of it in the field. That said, I really hope we're only talking about high explosives as a last ditch plan and not the primary one, because A) Ares wants this building intact and the run is just convincing Fuchi that keeping the building isnt worth it and B) runners who cause large amounts of collateral damage tend to wind up on the shit list of EVERY corp and if they decide to team up to track you down you are completely screwed no if, ands, or buts"
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22