Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32344 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Prologue: A Mystery in an Enigma in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2013, 02:02:02 pm »

Hakron smiled dangerously at the newly arrived mage.

"Don't think that it hasn't crossed our minds, we're not that stupid to not ask such a question. I personally think that it has something to do with this almost complete breakthrough. They're probably going to put in more security than just a bunch of guards from the day shift."

He leaned back and relaxed a bit.

"So... What exactly can you do that could help?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2013, 02:05:46 pm »

"Depends. I'm a decent shot with a pistol, speak Japanese and English alike, can control minds, am stealthy, have excellent senses, can sense the astral, possess the ability turn invisible or into an animal, et cetera et cetera. No fireballs, however--too much collateral damage for too little gain."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2013, 03:12:36 pm »

"would you be able to hide the identities of our little group when we get in? The dwarf can handle the electronics and I have a SIN I can afford to part with but I'd rather the cameras and guards not get my actual face unless necessary"
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2013, 03:21:39 pm »

"I can definitely help with that. I can make you invisible, which should make it hard to see your face, or I can completely change your physical form. Hell, I can make a troll razorboy into a sweet little schoolgirl with the application of mana and a school uniform." He pauses for a brief moment. "And something to make him less violent."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2013, 04:11:30 pm »

Guinevere walked in, observing the group sitting around their table. She had gotten the message, and headed for the diner as soon as she was able.
Which meant, of course, that she would be late.

She took a seat, asking, "How are we going to do this?" She only knew the objective- not the overall route to obtain it.
I need to put something interesting here.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2013, 04:54:30 pm »

Thomas looked over at the newcomer as he took a sip of the fairly standard (read: crappy) coffee the burgerhouse provided

"well, here's the gist of it: phase 1 is prep time. Dwarf fools around with the security system of the place we're hitting so it will recognize whatever SIN's we'll be using. I hope you all have some fakes ready, but I know a few guys who could help you get some of reasonable quality if you dont. Everyone else gets whatever gear or magic.... thingies you need to accomplish the op."

he takes another pull from the coffee

"Phase 2, we begin the infiltration. Mages keep the group disguised and we enter the facility, probably during one of the shift changes so we go unnoticed. From there, we make our way through the building and copy, steal, or destroy whatever copies of the data we find. not sure how we'll get into the labs, but they're probably on a similar system as the rest of the building so it shouldn't be too bad. Then we find the research head and get his copy. Maybe grease him, maybe not we'll see when we get there""

he drains the rest of the cup and throws it towards the nearest garbage can

"phase 3, we either walk out if the guards are none the wiser, or we shoot our way out if they are. either way, we need a car we can dispose of and we make a break for the nearest area that Fuchi has no control over, discard the fake SINs, get paid, and head our seperate ways. Simple, efficient, and enough wiggle room to improvise if something goes horrid"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2013, 04:55:58 pm »

"Do these SINs you're using correspond to actual employees who work there, or do I get to make new personae for the group on the fly?"
Sig

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2013, 05:05:01 pm »

"nah, they're just fakes. We'll insert them into the security system beforehand so as far as the automated defenses go we'll have every right to be there"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2013, 05:22:38 pm »

"Ah, constructed personae. Much more interesting, much less susceptible to a co-worker wondering why you're missing a mole or in twice...albeit more susceptible to someone realizing that you don't actually work there. Might I suggest some profession with a high turnover rate, such as security guard?"
Sig

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2013, 05:40:30 pm »

"that was the idea. better yet, I did some contract work for the guys we're raiding so i know how they operate. So long as we keep everyone looking professional there shouldn't be any problems."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2013, 05:45:21 pm »

"Good. Now, what's the backup plan?"
Sig

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2013, 11:39:25 pm »

"We should check to see if there are any underground passages that we could use. Stuff like sewer lines, storm drains, subway tunnels and the like that we can use to escape through. That might work instead of getting a car.

Otherwise, we take a change of clothes, change in secret when we leave the building, and just blend into the crowd and walk away. That's the best I can come up with, other than shooting our way out."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2013, 01:36:16 am »

"We should check to see if there are any underground passages that we could use. Stuff like sewer lines, storm drains, subway tunnels and the like that we can use to escape through. That might work instead of getting a car.
The Ork Underground isn't exactly a secret here. Underneath Downtown there's a practical underground city, in which most of the Ork population has called their home. Pulling up maps of the underground would reveal that there once was a tunnel section running right underneath the lab, but has since been mostly walled off, possibly due to the construction of a new basement floor. One thing to note is that the residents of the Ork Underground don't really like non-Orks hanging around outside the designated tour groups, (With the exception of some Trolls) so while Hakron would have no trouble blending in, the other team members may have some trouble.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2013, 01:49:23 am »

((It's the perfect place for me to run and hide in if things go wrong. Perfect!))

Hakron is silent for a bit before tapping on the sealed off section with a finger.

"If we could cut through this section, this would be an easy exit for us to use. A simple disguise spell from the mages to make you look like orcs, and we'll blend right in with the crowd when we leave. We can cut an exit free before the run and seal it off again with something weak that we can break through easily when we make our escape and maybe cast a spell over the hole to keep prying eyes from noticing it beforehand, and no one would that it's there in the first place. We could even use it to enter the building and bypass security checks in the front. I like it, what do you think?"

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2013, 08:08:30 am »

"Looking like Orks is all well and good, but most of us weren't born with the mentality they have. They'll be able to easily pick us out as non-orks, and I think the disguise will worsen our case." Guinevere pointed out.

"At least it's the backup plan. I'm more in favor of getting constructed SINs and disguises, hiding in plain sight."
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22