Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32325 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Prologue: A Mystery in an Enigma in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 07:27:08 am »

The fingers on Hakon's cyberarm clinked on the table as he drummed his fingers on it's surface. He had been bored as of late, and he had only come because he needed the money, and quite badly too.

"Yeah, I think we're all here for the job. What have you got in mind?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2013, 07:30:10 am »

*grumbles about sleep*
PMing my character sheet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2013, 09:42:27 am »

Remember kids, this is a future where deep and personal information about people is found and communicated easily. Fake SIN's and fake licences for guns and cyberware is important if you don't want to get caught easily!

Also, make sure to invest time and effort in protecting your real identity from the cops! They will NOT be happy with us in the future and will be out to get us.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2013, 09:55:02 am »

Thomas looked up from the burger he'd been nibbling on. It hadn't been a very good burger, and until the apparent contact had shown up it had been a very persuasive argument for ducking out early. He quirked an eyebrow at the man's getup, but maintained a facade of what he hoped came off as professionalism and not smugness.
"I think that's a safe bet. not like the food here is any good"

Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2013, 03:48:25 pm »

"I think that's a safe bet. not like the food here is any good"
"Yeah, I think we're all here for the job. What have you got in mind?"

"Just your average smash and grab. Fuchi maintains a lab downtown, and they've been working tirelessly on something for months. We don't know what it is, and we don't care. We just want to make sure that data disappears. Once that's gone, the lab will just be a huge waste of time and money to Fuchi, and they may even sell us the place for cheap, just to recoup their losses."
His eyes shine for a moment as he scan them back and forth rapidly. Finally they dim, and new data appears on your Commlinks.
"This should be all the information you need. The lab is on 6th and Pike. Little 5 story building, you can't miss it. These codes should get you in after hours, but other than that, you're on your own. Fuchi's about to make a breakthrough, so they'll have a bit more security than normal. Be careful in there, and remember, if anything happens in there, we never hired you."
"Oh, and one more thing. We'll be setting you up with a pair of mages. They're getting paid seperately, so don't worry about having to split the pay with two more people. Any questions?"

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2013, 09:49:51 pm »

"how much more security is "A little more than normal"? I mean, are we talking a couple extra patrols, or just another slacker watching the cameras?"
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2013, 09:59:25 pm »

"Any special requests? Any restrictions that you want us to follow?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2013, 10:37:23 pm »

"how much more security is "A little more than normal"? I mean, are we talking a couple extra patrols, or just another slacker watching the cameras?"
"Oh the cameras are automated. Nobody watches them. Instead they use motion and infrared sensors to detect intruders. That and they record to the main database in the building, just in case Lone Star needs some evidence. Not that they really need it to bust your ass. Anyway, to answer your question, they're keeping about half of the day guards on during the night shift, as well as the normal night shift guards. This is your average corporate security. Pistols and assault rifles, with your occasional cybered-up sword-jockey. Nothing you guys can't handle, I'm sure."

"Any special requests? Any restrictions that you want us to follow?"
"Not really, just try not to harm any scientists there. If one or two of them get in your way, feel free to neutralize them. Otherwise, try to limit casualties to security personnel only. Oh, and another thing: if you find any backups, make sure they're destroyed. Hell, if you can destroy the entire mainframe in there, I'll make sure you get a nice bonus."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2013, 11:03:04 pm »

"Good. I'm done here then. How do we get our payment when the job is done?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 11:52:59 pm »

"Good. I'm done here then. How do we get our payment when the job is done?"
"There's a Commlink address in that data file I sent you. Send the data there and payment will be wired to you directly. You have three days. Good luck."
Without saying another word, the man in the trenchcoat grabs a cup of coffee on the counter, downs it, and walks out the door, leaving you to plan your attack. The data file he sent you contains general floor plans, a security clearance code for the front door, the work schedules for most of the personell, and a commlink address. Looking at the floor plans you can see that the five story building actually has three extra basement floors, the mainframe being at the very bottom. The first and second floors seem to be general offices, while the top three floors are actual labs. You also notice that all three basement floors are dedicated to storage, although you can't tell what they're storing down there, as all the rooms are just labelled "GENERAL STORAGE".
The files you want would be in the mainframe itself, which would be easy enough to wirelessly hack into from a safe distance, however, the labs probably have physical backups, and the head of research probably has the original files in his personal Commlink. Luckily, according to the schedule, he practically lives there 24/7, so bumping into him while you're there is a big possibility.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2013, 08:15:53 am »

Nalmar takes a sip of coffee as he looks over the data, shaking his head slightly he speaks up,

"Hmm ... well this is a bit of a surprise, this job will be fairly easy it seems. I can take over the mainframe and the building's security system that's for sure, but how do you guys plan on getting through all the guards from there since shooting your way through probably isn't the best solution?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2013, 09:26:31 am »

"I don't see why it can't be." Hakron replied. "I mean, they are probably only rent-a-cops and the facility probably mainly relies on it's secrecy for it's defence. We just need to think ahead, act smart and quickly, and use the building's systems against the guards and we should have the upper hand easily enough. Just need to catch them by surprise, and they'll go down easy."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2013, 09:29:24 am »

"I don't see why it can't be." Hakron replied. "I mean, they are probably only rent-a-cops and the facility probably mainly relies on it's secrecy for it's defence. We just need to think ahead, act smart and quickly, and use the building's systems against the guards and we should have the upper hand easily enough. Just need to catch them by surprise, and they'll go down easy."
((You're new to this, aren't you?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2013, 10:14:41 am »

((It took me over 8 hours to decide on what equipment to start with, and don't even get me started on cyberware and magic. Isn't it obvious?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2013, 10:28:35 am »

((Alright. The Johnson is always trying to screw you, Murphy's Law is the only one anyone follows, everyone has their own agenda, nothing is as it seems, and never cut a deal with a dragon. Anything important I missed?))
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22