Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32292 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Run, Runner! Shadowrun Play by Post
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2013, 05:14:20 pm »

Any idea how to make it make a character magical?
Add quality: Magician adds a spells and spirits tab
I'll look harder in the Qualities list.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2013, 05:46:33 pm »

Hakron the Orc has joined the team! By the way, if you're looking through the sourcebook and find something you want your character to have before the game starts, feel free to tell me and I'll put it on your character. You guys have no shortage of nuyen left over from chargen, and I'm not going to make you roll availability as long as you can think of a good reason your character would have it.

Additional fun fact: A gun with a Smartgun system can be fired without pulling the trigger, as long as you are in range and Smartlinked with said gun. Something to keep in mind, should you ever be separated from your weapon.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2013, 07:18:15 pm »

Hey, Allee, what's a role that could use filling right now?

I THINK I have the hang of most of the knowledge in the book, and I'm thinking of going a "Drone Rigger" sort of character, but if that role's already filled/there is one that needs to be filled I'll do that instead.
I need to put something interesting here.

FowlJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2013, 07:55:00 pm »

Ooh. This seems like fun.

I don't think I'd get a character in by the time the game starts, but if there will be spaces available I might join in at some point.

Looks like the party is missing somebody with all the fancy magic stuff - Who would be more appreciated, a guy to light everything on fire, do mind control and stuff, or make with the healy-healy thing?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2013, 07:59:27 pm »

Healy healy never goes unappreciated.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2013, 08:02:48 pm »

I'm making a magic user...sooner or later...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2013, 08:34:17 pm »

I'm probably either going to make a healy-healy character or a drone using character.

Just in case someone goes either, I'll have the other in case.
I need to put something interesting here.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2013, 10:34:28 pm »

A rigger would be cool to have on the team. They have all sorts of drones that can do all sorts of things, some of which can heal people.

A dedicated healing person would be nice, but someone who is the 'face' of the group would be even better. Basically, be someone who is charming, diplomatic, intimidating, etc, who will talk with important people for us.

Also, I'm looking through the books to see what gear I want now. Should be able to find some interesting stuff, as well as some neat cyberware.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2013, 10:51:46 pm »

I've drifted a bit away from the original Healer Mage idea I had, but I've got a functional character.

How would I PM the Chummer file?
Sig

FowlJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2013, 11:06:36 pm »

A dedicated healing person would be nice, but someone who is the 'face' of the group would be even better. Basically, be someone who is charming, diplomatic, intimidating, etc, who will talk with important people for us.

That was one of my original ideas, but Thomas has all those skills already. Not as good as a character designed around them, maybe, but unless warhammer wants to swap them for something else I figured it would be better to cover something the group doesn't have yet.

That said, it would only really be a bit of tweaking to go that route anyway.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2013, 12:28:18 am »

Alright, Getting the Chummer file up just requires going to dropbox.com and creating an account. You don't have to install the program, just use that site to upload the Chummer file and click the share download link button, or whatever it's called, then send me that link.

EDIT:
Alternately you can use Rapidshare or some other service like that, but Dropbox is a much better service.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:30:05 am by AlleeCat »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 02:19:23 am »

I just noticed something... I have no automatics skill! :o Can I do something to get some somehow?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2013, 04:22:34 am »

I just noticed something... I have no automatics skill! :o Can I do something to get some somehow?
Um... You should... Maybe I forgot to put it on the character list? Huh. Looks like you don't. It's fixed now though.

Anyway, I totally wasn't too caught up in playing Guild Wars to notice the game was supposed to start an hour ago. No, I was giving you guys more time to send in your characters! The game officially starts when I make my next post.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2013, 05:20:50 am »

Great, thanks! I'm still sorting out my gear (so many choices!). How much are we allowed to spend?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2013, 05:48:10 am »

Great, thanks! I'm still sorting out my gear (so many choices!). How much are we allowed to spend?
You specifically have 9,245 nuyen left from chargen. Don't worry about ammo or anything, I don't usually deal with having players have to pay for ammo or food because it just seems like busywork and kind of takes you out of the story. Grenades are a different story, however, and I will make you do availability checks on them if needed. If you want anything added to your character, just send me a PM and I'll add it as soon as you're in a situation that allows for some downtime.

Anyway, storytime!

For one reason or another, the three of you have gathered at midnight at a small, dingy burger joint in SoDo. You are especially confused because whatever contact that was supposed to meet you here is nowhere to be found. Just as you start to think that this was all just some big hoax and nothing is actually happening, a tall, gaunt man in a long duster jacket approaches you, silhouetted in the dim neon of the restaurant.

"The trenchcoat's a little cliche, I know, but let's get started, shall we? I assume you're all here for the job?"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:11:36 am by AlleeCat »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22