Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32295 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Prologue: A Mystery in an Enigma in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2013, 10:46:26 am »

"Well, if we wanted to take the NOT-kill everyone root, I used to work for Fuchi and I know their security protocols. We could just make the security system think we're members of the security teams and gain access that way. Once we're past the front desk moving around the offices of the building shouldn't be too much of a problem, since there little of importance there and Fuchi is constantly moving their security personnel around. a few new faces wouldnt arouse any suspicion on their own, as long as they look professional.

Getting access to the Labs is gonna be a bit trickier, but we might be able to just bully one of the geeks to let us in. Or we might get lucky and I'll run into someone I know and owes me a favor"

Thomas finishes off the rest of his burger before bringing up the work schedule and looking for any names he recognizes from his time at Fuchi, drumming his fingers on the table as he combs through the list

"Biggest problem is going to be getting out. Especially if things get rough and we have to get violent. and Unless either of you own a car they're willing to part ways with after this op we'll need some way to put plenty of distance between us and the lab once the hornet's nest gets stirred up"

((Alright. The Johnson is always trying to screw you, Murphy's Law is the only one anyone follows, everyone has their own agenda, nothing is as it seems, and never cut a deal with a dragon. Anything important I missed?))
((You forgot spending a disproportionate amount of time planning an operation only to just kick down the door and start shooting, and that milk runs are always disasters))
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2013, 10:56:00 am »

[The first is only a problem based on the group. The fact that most groups have that issue does not make it a fundamental one.

The second is covered by such things as "Murphy's Law is the only one anyone follows" or "Nothing is as it seems".]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2013, 10:57:13 am »

((Figures. I must have forgotten those parts...))

"We might have to hijack a car then, or go over the rooftops perhaps. What do we do if there's drones or automated defences?"

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2013, 11:04:30 am »

"well, if we can get the security system to recognize us as employees, they shouldn't be a problem until someone starts shooting. Then they'll be an issue, but a building that size shouldn't have anything too heavily armed."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2013, 11:21:11 am »

"Don't worry about getting the security system to recognize you two, I can handle that no problem, my main worry is making sure this job has no connection to any of us whatsoever, not a single scrap of evidence to point towards us. Anything the security system encompasses I can control no problem, or at the very least disable.

As for the distraction, I happen to have a nice robotic dog that wouldn't mind tearing apart a few guards if necessary to ensure there is a way out for you two, that is if hijacking a car proves to difficult as I don't feel like wasting such a nice toy."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2013, 12:52:31 pm »

"We'll have to be careful to make sure that everything we do on site is untraceable, or easily deniable, to us. I suggest having full face masks, balaclavas, gloves, concealing clothing and not talking at all if we can help it. Not without a voice mask, at any rate.

Can you make sure we aren't giving out any signals in our clothing or hardware, and give us a somewhat secure private network to wirelessly talk on? That should help things out a bit. Maybe you can get the cameras to loop before we enter the building, so there's nothing recorded of us entering or moving around inside, as well as using them to locate all the staff and guard locations?

I'm afraid I'm somewhat broke at the moment, but if one of us can afford it, some thermal smoke grenades would be useful, and maybe an EMP grenade if we can swing it. OH! And a latex face mask for each one of us if we are entering the building unmasked. Should be useful to hide our faces, if they don't check our SIN's..."

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2013, 01:02:34 pm »

"some slight problems with that. first and greatest of which is that wearing balaclavas means that they will suspect something if none of the other guards are wearing them. Latex masks are probably the better alternative, but  I'm not sure where we'd get them at this time of night.
As for the SINs, they'll be checked, you can bet on it. Fake SINs is a good idea though, probably expensive but a good idea, and I know a couple guys who could get us some EMPs, but they'll cost us a bit of cash and I'm not sure how tight my budget is currently"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2013, 01:13:22 pm »

"We can always put them on inside when we are out of sight. It's nice to have them on hand, just in case we decide to go shooting.

And we have 3 days, so we've got a bit of time to get the masks. Focus on getting the thermal smoke before the EMP's though, that will help us more against groups of guards, and we can use the smoke to sneak in close to catch them by surprise."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2013, 01:22:45 am »

If you're looking for something cheap, latex masks are OK, but there are nanopaste facial disguises that work extremely well. They get expensive, though, and you'll have to make an availability check to get them. I also completely forgot about contacting the mages. I'm retconning it so that their contact info is in that datafile. The Mage of Steel (GreatWyrmGold) and Guinevere Maddock (Gamerboy4life) can join in whenever for planning details. Might not be as interesting as meeting them there, but if you guys want to roleplay calling them up, then go ahead.
That's it for now. I'll check in on the plan tomorrow.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 01:44:24 am »

((Calling them up would probably make more sense, and not interrupt the flow as much.

GWG, want our two characters to be associated with one another, or something similar?))
I need to put something interesting here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2013, 07:59:11 am »

((What's your character? Mine is a mage--big surprise--who has a bit of cyber in him, and more relevant personality/RP-wise was with the Yakuza for a while. I've forgotten any other details I was planning to add to him, so I'm flexible.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2013, 10:11:09 am »

((You know that cyber isn't good for casting magic, right? Anyway, what sort of magic can you cast? Can you summon spirits and stuff?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2013, 11:56:22 am »

((1. I only got a little, and it seems that you need to buy magic in 4th Edition anyways. And I don't think it's more important than it was in 2nd.
2. I have a couple little combat spells, Heal, Shapechange, Control Thoughts, and Improved Invisibility. I assume I can summon spirits, although I couldn't find rules for starting with them. I'm pretty sure that mages still summon elementals which require rituals, and it seems that anyone can summon Watchers and I'm guessing Ally spirits.))
Sig

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2013, 01:47:19 pm »

((Ok, cool. I'll give you guys an in so you can join in on the planning.))

"You know, it suddenly occurs to me that we should probably talk to these mages we're going to be working with. See if they're on the level and stuff. And I figure that they should know what parts of the plan they are going to be part in, as well as what they can offer to it. I'll send a message to them now, since we're not going anywhere soon."

Hakron promptly looks through the data about the job, and upon finding the contact details of the mages, sends them both a message to meet at the dinner immediately to talk with the rest of the runners about the plan.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2013, 01:52:02 pm »

Mos arrived swiftly, as he always endeavored to. He was very tall and rather skinny, wearing a trenchcoat of the kind usually used to conceal the fact that one was wearing armor, synthleather gloves, and a hat pulled down over his ears. He sat down.

"I've heard that I was requested for some kind of job, a smash-and-grab in a little downtown Fuchi lab. Simple. My first question for you is what the first in your heads should have been..." He leaned backwards in his chair. "'What's the catch?'"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22