Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator: Episode IV, A New Thread  (Read 24198 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator: Episode IV, A New Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2013, 07:03:25 am »

kg/h usually stands for kilograms per hour. Kilograms per hour per minute would imply acceleration of resource production. Then again, an 'hour' in-game might only be a minute of real life, so who knows.
Nothing important here, move along.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2013, 07:07:49 am »

Yeah, off the top of my head I think an ingame day corresponds to an hour. Although I'd also think that being able to stack 100000 units of resource would mean that one unit is quite definitely not a kilogramme. Otherwise, hey. Huge-ass pockets. Although given the size of those crates...

Point is: don't think too hard about it.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2013, 11:56:07 am »

Tips for new combat classes going it solo to start. Go to your character sheet before selecting a starting planet, and click stat migration. These are your health stats. Three for each type of health. One stat is your raw hitpoints, one is how many of that hitpoint type special actions consume per use, and one is how fast you regenerate that type of hitpoint. The help-button in the top right of each menu box will explain what each one does. MAKE SURE NONE OF YOUR HEALTH/ACTION/MIND POOL STATS IS BELOW 800 UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. If ANY pool goes to 0, you get incapacitated (knocked out essentially). Get incapped 3 times in.. ten? minutes? (or was it a half-hour/hour?) or deathblow'd while incapped, and you die. you do not recover while incapped, so you get up with like one hitpoint in the pool that was drained, so if they hit you there again, you'll just immediately incap again. Although you can spam an attack coming out of incap and generally get at least one hit off before they incap you again, so you might not be totally boned if incapped while alone. The early generic enemies attacks will hit a random pool, and your basic attacks will as well. Players can get access to skills that target specific pools. DO NOT GIMP A HEALTHPOOL STAT. DO. NOT. DO. IT. IT SUCKS SO BAD TO RANDOMLY GET INCAPPED WHEN YOU GET UNLUCKY AND AN ENEMY HITS YOUR DUMP STAT A COUPLE TIMES IN A ROW. Once in the game you cannot change your stats without the help of an image designers. This is partly why I suggest you to start in Theed, because there is an image designer tent there, and you can usually find an image designer around Theed. Tatooine is a bit of a crapshoot for image designers, because there is only one image design tent per planet, and Tatooine's is in Bestine, and almost nobody ever goes there. Combat classes seem to use action points for a lot of their skills. Although my rifleman seems to be using mind and action. Some probably use life as well, so it may be worthwhile to find which types your class uses the most before starting.

The other stats are somewhat less important than the pool stats. However, they do govern how heavy of armor you can wear, so be aware. If you need to raise some stats to wear a piece of armor, that's where image designers can come in handy with stat migration. Doctors can also buff your stats, some people do this to wear their armor, but the buff wears off after a couple hours so they need to keep getting buffed to keep wearing the armor.

For other non-combat classes that won't be in the line of fire much, medics need mind, entertainers need action , crafters need both to a lesser extent, but probably need action more than mind. You can probably dump your unwanted pool stats a lot more if you don't intend to be directly fighting. Your call.

There should be an action menu button in the lower right of the screen, it should be the third from last to the right, that's where your special attacks and emotes and macros are. Drag your starting specials to the hotbar.

LAIR SECTION REDACTED DUE TO PUBLISH 3
Lairs will probably eat your face off unless you have decent armor.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:57:53 pm by Kaitol »

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2013, 02:16:57 pm »

Other piece of advice, if you are serious about grinding missions on your own, get buffed. It makes a HUGE difference in time and resources. Good luck finding a buffer for what you need though :)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2013, 03:34:29 pm »

You don't necessarily need to go on missions. It does help you get money, but you can usually kill the mobs around the cities much more easily and without the risk inherent in lair-hunting.
Nothing important here, move along.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2013, 04:40:33 pm »

You can also use food/drinks to buff your stats, but I don't know if those just buff the primary stats (health/action/mind pools) or if they can also buff secondary stats (e.g. lowering pool costs for ability use and increasing pool regeneration rates). There is probably food that can do both or all but you're limited in how many food-type buffs you can have at a time, and the profession buffs are probably stronger/more convenient in that regard.

If getting buffed from a person, don't forget to tip.

Regredit: Now that I think of it, I think my second character will be a doc/entertainer. Docs need resources and crafting to be able to buff (on top of all the experience) but I guess I can buy the parts or the packs; entertainers just mostly need to AFK and slowly grind experience.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:50:48 pm by Niveras »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2013, 05:04:39 pm »

But lairs are where its at. You can get a bike and a good weapon in an hour or two, and be cruisin' the planet capping 2k lairs in two hits. Plus if you're careful even a noob can do them. I've died once to stupidity (gimping my mind pool) and once to taking on a mission while wearing some composite armor pants but still using the starter rifle (HUUUGE mistake because mission difficulty scales off of your gear. Composite armor, even one piece cranks it WAAAAY the fuck up and one piece won't help you in a fight at all. You can still take missions, just TAKE OFF THE GEAR BEFORE LOOKING IN THE MISSION TERMINAL AND REFRESH IT TO BE SURE)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2013, 05:59:04 pm »

Seems pretty cool, I'll be wandering around with the second name Talvadore; currently Astariel, an artisan.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2013, 07:28:36 pm »

Oh snap, Publish 3 is happening. Servers will be down/unstable for the next few weeks as they get the merge sorted. Mission Lairs are no longer going to spawn additional mobs when attacked. Well that'll make things faster and less risky. And new characters will start with a basic speeder.

patch notes here http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92830

I'm looking at that mysterious tidbit under the Jedi Section... hmm.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:30:10 pm by Kaitol »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2013, 07:50:03 pm »

I was on IRC earlier and they said Jedi still aren't in, so it was probably just tweaks to preliminary mechanics in the background that they hit in passing while doing other things. Although, it could be their intention to keep them kind of secret and with some mystery involved like in the old days. Constantly denying that Jedi are in might hurt new players from trying it out, but then I don't think anyone that wants to play a Jedi would like SWGEMU or be satisfied by it. The combat mechanics alone are kind of wonky.

Not sure I even want them in, but I guess it doesn't really matter since a) I don't want to play a jedi, b) I don't PvP so Jedi won't affect me that way either.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:57:50 pm by Niveras »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2013, 07:50:53 pm »

And new characters will start with a basic speeder.
HOLY SHIT THANK YOU SO MUCH
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55:08 pm »

And new characters will start with a basic speeder.
HOLY SHIT THANK YOU SO MUCH

WHAT! I just started playing yesterday and I don't get one :-[ I guess I'll have to pick one up cheap at the Bazzar :P

Also, what are these themeparks they've added?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2013, 07:58:18 pm »

You can probably make a new character and maybe transfer it. I made a new one today but I forgot to check if it was transferable before I used the deed.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2013, 08:03:01 pm »

I want Jedi just so I can have a competent melee character and not be forced to wear super heavy armor to be effective at higher levels.

After destroy missions, what is there for a combat character to do? I literally oneshot everything destroy missions on Naboo throw at me now, and the exp is petering out. Now I'm basically just travelling around as I do missions looking for chitin armor that isn't garbage or horrendously overpriced. Which is surprisingly difficult. Maybe I could commission a suit.

The patch notes mentioned a lot of quests. Maybe I'll look into finding some of those and seeing some points of interest.

I didn't see any new themeparks. Maybe they just added mobs/quests to existing ones?

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2013, 08:05:03 pm »

I didn't see any new themeparks. Maybe they just added mobs/quests to existing ones?

What exactly are themeparks? I just started playing yesterday so I'm unfamiliar with a lot of game terms.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12