Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75218 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Replacement Requested
« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2013, 09:23:16 pm »

That first quote of your leads to my post? What?

I can't accurately judge your position without seeing his argument, but I don't know where your quote came from (and I don't really want to search for it among all of the posts.)

So, I'm not sure what happened.

But, where is everyone else? Geez...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 12, 2013, 09:36:48 pm »

Good news! I'm coming back! Tomorrow... But I will be doing that. Soon.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 13, 2013, 04:54:29 am »

That first quote of your leads to my post? What?

I can't accurately judge your position without seeing his argument, but I don't know where your quote came from (and I don't really want to search for it among all of the posts.)

So, I'm not sure what happened.

But, where is everyone else? Geez...

Oh bah. I do not work well late.

Let's try this again...

First this was my original argument.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

His response.

My own counter response.

And my later clarifications on the subject.

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 13, 2013, 08:00:37 am »

Yeah uh... what is he doing? That's just a silly play style, and an incredibly scummy one at that.

And why did people unvote him? His reasoning really WAS terrible, and he complains about OMGUS and then OMGUSes you? Man, I don't even.

Also, Vector offered to replace back there. You should take her up on that offer. She's right, it's better to replace with someone with experience than to not replace at all.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 13, 2013, 10:38:16 am »

You don't give many specifics either. You are specific, but you really haven't quoted much, or done much beyond saying he's done these things. I haven't either, but there's about ten posts to go through to find what I'm talking about, versus 40 or more from IG.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 13, 2013, 12:51:58 pm »

You don't give many specifics either. You are specific, but you really haven't quoted much, or done much beyond saying he's done these things. I haven't either, but there's about ten posts to go through to find what I'm talking about, versus 40 or more from IG.
Are you talking to me? I'm not sure.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 13, 2013, 01:23:55 pm »

Sorry, was talking to birdy12.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 13, 2013, 02:08:04 pm »

Sorry, was talking to birdy12.
Ah, well in that case, I disagree. If you simply look back, Imperial Guardsman votes for (someone I forgot and don't feel like checking right now) without any reasoning behind it. That is what prompts this interaction.

It's not about who's done more or done what. You can do the most as scum. Activity doesn't prove scummitude. Imperial Guardsman refused to give a reason behind his vote, and when prompted, he voted the one asking.

So, why is that acceptable to you?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food
« Reply #473 on: August 13, 2013, 03:22:06 pm »

Yeah, we remember day 1 griffinpup

Until you can prove yourself innocent from your actions on day one, the vote stays.

Remember what exactly? This sorta looked like a Bandwagon since there were 2 people already on GriffPup and then...

Alright.
I voted you to see what you would do.
OMGUS?

Still didn't really have a case. The OMGUS would be a fair example BUT Griffpup voted you due to you not having a case and giving him a losing proposition. You CAN'T provide examples of yourself being town without looking like a super heavy scum. At least in my experience.

Unvote Griffinpup, Vote birdy
I really cant give any CURRENT reads until the game is back up.

Not true at all. You never seem to have reads. You've been asked a few times and each time you've given the excuse of "I don't have any." near the end of Day 1 and now you're saying it's because the game isn't being played? Your ideas of players don't go away when the game loses some steam. Imperial Guardsman this post is what told me something was up. Plus the OMGUS.

In the end I've seen this sorta behavior before. You're active-lurking. You've posted A LOT but your posts are generally bare of content. Post your reads NOW.

@All Other Players: I apologize for my absense. I've been a somewhat lousy IC due to them but I'm back and should be staying. Don't worry too much about all the replacements. Yeah it makes it hard to get a consistent read and they tend to favor the person replacing in due to the constant "I don't know why they did it." argument they can put out [which is often VERY true]. BUT you now have someone with an outsider perspective who might pick up on something you missed in the heat of the moment.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 13, 2013, 03:23:39 pm »

Also, Vector offered to replace back there. You should take her up on that offer. She's right, it's better to replace with someone with experience than to not replace at all.

That's not the mod's fault--I told him I was busy.

It's under consideration, but I'm under a little more stress I can handle right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 13, 2013, 03:26:58 pm »

That's not the mod's fault--I told him I was busy.

It's under consideration, but I'm under a little more stress I can handle right now.
Ah, my bad.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 13, 2013, 03:56:51 pm »

Webadict:

Yeah uh... what is he doing? That's just a silly play style, and an incredibly scummy one at that.

And why did people unvote him? His reasoning really WAS terrible, and he complains about OMGUS and then OMGUSes you? Man, I don't even.

Million dollar question...

As to the second question, I would say the chaotic elements of the first day contributed to his survival. There was a lot of discussion on a plethora of many different subjects all at once. That's not to say people didn't vote for him, but his game was not a focus point for anyone.

Rolepgeek:

Quotes.

Quotes will be the absolute death of me some day. They continuously thwart me at every turn, threatening to undermine my sanity...

Luckily though, you don't have to go through 40 of his posts to figure out where I am drawing my information from. I'm only drawing from the posts of Day 2, as that is when I have been most active. In addition, I try to quote only as much as I need to, as mass quoting can be a bit difficult to read.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food
« Reply #477 on: August 13, 2013, 06:39:12 pm »

Not true at all. You never seem to have reads. You've been asked a few times and each time you've given the excuse of "I don't have any." near the end of Day 1 and now you're saying it's because the game isn't being played? Your ideas of players don't go away when the game loses some steam. Imperial Guardsman this post is what told me something was up. Plus the OMGUS.

In the end I've seen this sorta behavior before. You're active-lurking. You've posted A LOT but your posts are generally bare of content. Post your reads NOW.

@All Other Players: I apologize for my absense. I've been a somewhat lousy IC due to them but I'm back and should be staying. Don't worry too much about all the replacements. Yeah it makes it hard to get a consistent read and they tend to favor the person replacing in due to the constant "I don't know why they did it." argument they can put out [which is often VERY true]. BUT you now have someone with an outsider perspective who might pick up on something you missed in the heat of the moment.
What would make you unvote Imperial Guardsman?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 13, 2013, 08:36:11 pm »

Well at the time the case just wasn't strong and, I'll admit, I wasn't giving this as much attention as I should have. BUT on re-read some stuff I had seen as "Meh whatever..." seemed a lot more sinister than at first glance.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 13, 2013, 08:55:55 pm »

Well at the time the case just wasn't strong and, I'll admit, I wasn't giving this as much attention as I should have. BUT on re-read some stuff I had seen as "Meh whatever..." seemed a lot more sinister than at first glance.
That didn't really answer my question. I can rephrase if that helps.

What type of reasoning could Imperial Guardsman give or what action could another player perform that would cause you to unvote him and vote someone else? If you'd rather not answer the first part, understandable, but the second one you can definitely answer.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41