Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75150 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Three Replacements Requested
« Reply #420 on: August 07, 2013, 10:50:10 am »

I'll join as replacement.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 07, 2013, 10:51:30 am »

Okami:

I know my posting isn't great, and I'm first on the list to be replaced, but I'm here enough that it'd possibly be better to replace Gun and Powder Miner first. 

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 07, 2013, 05:51:55 pm »

Thank you, Griffionday.

Rolepgeek has replaced Powder Miner

SailFlame has replaced TheWetSheep

Day has been Mod-Extended by 48 Hours

Day 2 now ends on Friday, August 9 at 8:00pm CST

SailFlame (0) -
griffinpup (1) - Imperial Guardsman
Griffionday (0) -
Rolepgeek (0) -
Imperial Guardsman (2) - griffinpup, Nerjin
Chink (1) - SailFlame
Nerjin (0) -

Not Voting - Rolepgeek, Chink, Griffionday

Extend (0/3) -
Shorten (0/4) -

Griffionday has requested replacement.

Lurker Tracker
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:02:56 pm by Okami No Rei »
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food - Replacement Requested
« Reply #423 on: August 07, 2013, 06:21:34 pm »

((PTW))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 07, 2013, 06:38:04 pm »

Griffpup: OK... trawling through the thread that much might take some time. But first: why did you edit this post? You know editing isn't allowed by now. *Checks time stamps* Five days later? Why?
That was pure accident.  I'm actually not sure what the edit was.  I don't ever remember editing it.
GUN:
Please find time to respond to my post.
Did you not understand his post? He asked for a replacement, and said he had not time to keep up with the game. You have no right to ask this of someone who isn't in the game anymore.
I have every right.  Players asking for replacements have an obligation to continue playing to the best of their ability until such time as they are replaced.  Notice Griffionday still playing.  HE WAS STILL IN THE GAME.  But since he is now replaced, respond to my post and all unanswered questions.
Hahaha... No you don't have the right, I'm an exception in that I'm trying to not disrupt the flow and explicitly stated that I'll still be around to answer questions.  Note that I'm failing at that.
So I don't have the literal right to ask someone to respond to my post after they ask for replacement?
1. I'm not saying explain to him why you aren't lurking, I'm saying only defending yourself based on posting frequency is stupid. 

2. So you're saying one should do heavy research before voting for someone based on a case?  I agree in theory, but in practice this means that votes like Nerjin's current one are going to be more common.  I prefer having a case on the person you wish to lynch over leaving your pressure vote on someone who hasn't responded.
That obviously wasn't going to be my whole case.  That was mainly my precursor.  The fact that he refused to respond even to this kinda put a damper on my follow-up.

Those voting for an extend:
Why?

The new guys:
What's your fresh perspective and opinion on everyone here?
What's your opinion on the events that have happened so far?

IG:
My vote will stay on you until you produce any meaningful content.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 07, 2013, 07:15:17 pm »

griffinpup
I'm still going through the thread, but at first glance, and when looking through the various posts he has made, I think Chink is a bit scummy. Right after him is Imperial Guardsman. For Imperial Guardsman, since Dave turned out to be Town, and from reading other people's 'reads' on him, I think it makes him a likely candidate. But Chink has been lurking a lot, with only ten posts, and his predecessor had even fewer. As well, his posts seem to be only answering questions; the questions he's asked are all asking who each person thinks is the scum(which in my view is scummy as it means you're trying to figure out if they're on to you, rather than truly pressuring them to see if you are), or once nitpicking griffinpup's question, which seemed silly, irrelevant, and like he was trying to start something where there was nothing(also scummy). However, I encounter a problem. If I vote Chink, it ties up the vote. If I vote IG, especially when Chink would be my first choice, it's bandwagoning, and just a poor decision as far as I know.

My opinion on events is even more vague, as, if IG is scum, then it probably went something along the lines of 'IG votes DavetheGrave randomly, DavetheGrave panics, and Ig seizes the opportunity to make him seem scummy so the lynch can be directed away from any potential scum-buddies. And it worked.' If he isn't, it's much the same, save that he seizes the opportunity because he thought Dave was scum and wanted to really see if he was. And he wasn't. He was just bad at this. And then background stuff that I've only been paying half-attention to because I don't know if I'll be able to keep it straight in my head. Especially with both Griffionday and griffinpup playing(THE NAMES SO SIMILAR).

Chink: To turn the question back on you, and add another, who you think is scum and why, and how come you haven't asked many questions?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 07, 2013, 10:30:13 pm »

(May I still post until SailFlame starts posting?)

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 07, 2013, 11:22:23 pm »

I'll allow one final post to wrap up loose ends, but after that I'd prefer you let him take over.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 08, 2013, 12:14:54 am »

So I don't have the literal right to ask someone to respond to my post after they ask for replacement?
You don't have a right to expect an answer until they're replaced. 

1. I'm not saying explain to him why you aren't lurking, I'm saying only defending yourself based on posting frequency is stupid. 

2. So you're saying one should do heavy research before voting for someone based on a case?  I agree in theory, but in practice this means that votes like Nerjin's current one are going to be more common.  I prefer having a case on the person you wish to lynch over leaving your pressure vote on someone who hasn't responded.
That obviously wasn't going to be my whole case.  That was mainly my precursor.  The fact that he refused to respond even to this kinda put a damper on my follow-up.
Care to explain what your follow up was?  If it's real it shouldn't require you to do any work...

Those voting for an extend:
Why?
Because I don't see IG as scummy, just really bad at playing.  That being said, I wanted to not drag down the game if the rest of the town wants more time.  Note that the number of votes needed to extend was still three despite there being only 5 players who are not requesting replacement.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 08, 2013, 06:44:23 am »

Unvote I just don't have much of a case right now. I'll try to post something of actual content tonight. Sorry I'm being a lousy IC right now.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 08, 2013, 06:54:13 am »

37 hours remain in the day.

Day 2 ends on Friday, August 9 at 8:00pm CST

SailFlame (0) -
griffinpup (1) - Imperial Guardsman
Griffionday (0) -
Rolepgeek (0) -
Imperial Guardsman (1) - griffinpup
Chink (1) - SailFlame
Nerjin (0) -

Not Voting - Rolepgeek, Chink, Griffionday, Nerjin

Tie votes will result in a no-lynch.

Extend (0/3) -
Shorten (0/4) -

Griffionday has requested replacement.

Imperial Guardsman has been prodded.
Chink has been prodded.

Lurker Tracker

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 08, 2013, 07:04:02 am »

Rolepgeek
If I vote Chink, it ties up the vote. If I vote IG, especially when Chink would be my first choice, it's bandwagoning, and just a poor decision as far as I know.
Voting for someone who already has a lot of votes isn't necessarily bandwagoning. If you think someone is scum, make your argument and vote for them. If, near the end of the day, the person you think is scum won't be lynched, then it is better to use your vote to lynch the next scummiest player (especially when there are two scum left alive).

Everyone
Often when a day drags on people get fatigued and their play slips. Town: now is a good time to reread the thread, paying especial attention to your top scum picks. Question your fellow players about suspicious things they did before. Scum: don't get complacent. Make convincing sounding cases and think ahead to who you're going to NK and mislynch in nights and days to come; try to figure out which townsfolk are easiest to manipulate.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 08, 2013, 09:42:35 am »

Back.
Unvote.
Griffinpup seems town.. for now. Ill check the posts and decide who to vote next.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 08, 2013, 10:30:08 am »

Replacement Requested

Sorry, but I just can't expect to have the time for this for a while.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 08, 2013, 10:40:18 am »

This needs a lot more activity.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41