Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75185 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food
« Reply #345 on: July 30, 2013, 08:15:55 pm »

Well that's not the best thing that coulda happend I will admit. Now what you should do is re-read day one with the knowledge that NQT and DavetheGrave were both scum. Look at who was talking to them and analyze what the two of them said. Then pursue the person that you think had weak cases or was also acting very scummy.

More will be said when I have time.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 30, 2013, 08:18:23 pm »

Well that's not the best thing that coulda happend I will admit. Now what you should do is re-read day one with the knowledge that NQT and DavetheGrave were both town. Look at who was talking to them and analyze what the two of them said. Then pursue the person that you think had weak cases or was also acting very scummy.

More will be said when I have time.
FTFY
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 30, 2013, 08:21:20 pm »

*Facepalm* My bad.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #348 on: July 30, 2013, 09:05:48 pm »

Pre Night Lock
Sorry for a bad quotes. I wrote this up after the lock at the end of D1.
Quote from: NQT
GUN
Well no one's asked me any questions as a matter of fact. And there's plenty of action watching Nerjin and Dave (one-sidedly) slug it out.
There was this:
Quote from: NQT
GUN, welcome to the game. I suggest taking a moment to read through the game (better now before it gets too unwieldy) and making a few notes on the play of each of the players. What's your fresh perspective on everyone?

Also, were you going to vote?
To be honest, I wasn't aware that I was IN until after the second to last time update before the end of D1, and once I had realised this I was panicking while trying to catch up on the thread. I got through most of D1, but I haven't read the middle to end parts, which is why I haven't voted yet. Probably should've done that sooner to prevent looking like a lurker, but I didn't want to make any decisions without having all the facts first.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 09:09:11 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 30, 2013, 10:49:55 pm »

GUNINANRUNIN - Editing posts is not permitted under any circumstances.  If you need to fix a post it is acceptable, during the game, to double-post with corrections.  First infraction is a warning, second infraction is a modkill.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #350 on: July 30, 2013, 10:58:33 pm »

Got it.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 30, 2013, 11:00:19 pm »

I reccomend reading the OP. Even if you've read it before it helps to read it again just to be sure.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #352 on: July 30, 2013, 11:11:43 pm »

Dave wasn't scum. You knew he wasn't scum, he got lynched anyways. I don't like it. Vote griffinpup.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 31, 2013, 12:00:58 am »

That's a generally weak case to make. Sure Pup might be a band-wagoning scum BUT he gave decent reasons and in all fairness Dave's play indicated scum. Gun, please point out specific points in Pup's play that show that he is scum alright? It's sorta hard to get used to but it's something you gotta do if you wanna play Mafia effectively.

A bit of general "Nerjin's Thoughts" here as I haven't said it yet: Don't be discouraged if the person you are sure was scum turns out not to be scum. You should never be fully married to a single suspect as there are always multiple scum*. Reread EVERYTHING from Day 1 again. Find a new person who seems scummy now that you know NQT and Dave are town.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 31, 2013, 12:20:14 am »

Just a warning guys.  I'll probably be gone all of tomorrow.  Friday  I'll have some free time though.

Gun:
I don't have enough time to actually respond to you but a few things.  Actually answer questions, and please put a better case together on me before I get back.  You should be attempting to convince people that I'm scummy.  If I'm lurking, point out what time period I was.  If I avoided questions, quote the questions.  If I OMGUS'd, point out where.  Don't throw around accusations without proof.  If you quote all your proof for everything you say, you can avoid several iterations of explanations and stuff.  This leads to more meaningful points made by both parties, and meaningful content is always a plus for town.  Don't fear the wall of text either.  If you have a page of points, by all means, post a page of points.

The IC may disagree, but this is good advice in any mafia game as well.  I really dislike discussing points with people that don't have good mafia etiquette.  Read the last revolution if you want to see what I mean.  x_x

PPE:
+1 to Nerjin's overall, post.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 31, 2013, 12:24:23 am »

Just a warning guys.  I'll probably be gone all of tomorrow.  Friday  I'll have some free time though.

Gun:
If you have a page of points, by all means, post a page of points.

The IC may disagree, but this is good advice in any mafia game as well.

I can agree with it as long as it's concise. Don't beat around the bush.

Quote from: Griffinpup
I really dislike discussing points with people that don't have good mafia etiquette.  Read the last revolution if you want to see what I mean.

This sounds an awful lot like "I'm trying to insult someone because they hurt my feelings." I will ask you to stop now. We are in this game. We are NOT here to be hurt over what happened in the last game. If you have an issue with another player please take care of it privately. And as I recall you didn't exactly act as nice as possible either.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 31, 2013, 12:48:41 am »

Nerjin:
I'm surprised that came off as an insult.  That's not at all what I was going for.  I don't mean etiquette like being polite and crap, I mean etiquette like responding to people's questions.  Both NQT and Dariush, (who I assume are the people you thought i insulted.) Purposefully chose to stop answering questions, or misinterpet the questions asked.  It was definitely a valid scum strategy, especially for NQT.  Pretty much anything else he would of said would only of made his partners look scummier.  I just dislike dealing with it, regardless of its validity as a strategy.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 31, 2013, 01:27:06 am »

Griffinpup:

Sorry I didn't get to these before days-end:

The second time... I dislike the fact that you seem to be stockpiling cases against people.  You are also asking for people to put in effort where you're not gaining anything, which is indicative that you are trying to make a presence in the game.  If you don't gain anything from someone's reads why are you asking for them?
Stop putting words in my mouth!  I never said that I had nothing to gain from someone's reads!  In fact, I never even asked for the reads in the first place.  I prodded at the confusing wordings of the reads, and that's it.
I may have been misinterpreting this:
1. Why do you need to know what precisely IG meant by his reads?
1. I don't.
What did you mean?

But to answer your first sentence.  Explain what you mean.  What "cases" would I be stockpiling, and why is that scummy?
What I mean is building a database with "Oh, he said so and so, he's opposed to that now, so he must be scum!"  This is anti-town as it's lazy scum hunting; hypocrisy is NOT a scum tell, so building information on what the players are saying is... pointless.

And to your second sentence, find me a REAL example of when I asked people to put forth effort when I'm not gaining anything.
...  Here for instance:
And to your second sentence, find me a REAL example of when I asked people to put forth effort when I'm not gaining anything.

GriffDay:
Also, why didn't you raise these concerns when you voted me?  You asked me questions, I answered them, and then you posted multiple times without anything addressed to me.  Eventually I asked you why your vote was still on me, and you pull out multiple reasons that you had never even mentioned before.
I was three and a half hours into building a case on you?  I'm so sorry that I didn't have my initial suspicions backed with every possible argument I could make.  As for why I was  posting: I was addressing other things while I worked on my case.

Further question then:
Dave:
What was the longest time period between all my posts?
Why did you ask this question to counter what I assume are Dave's accusations here:
He was just lurking and hadnt posted anything applicable until he got vote, which made him go pseudo aggressive, and start to get, what I perceived as, extremely frustrated. Which to me seemed very scum like, and I felt the vote was well earned.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 31, 2013, 02:49:27 am »

"Oh no gobbos! I better get on a wall carving for this..."

The cop is dead, so town need to step up their game. Scum, you're doing a good job but don't become complacent. Town: reread the interactions from day 1 in light of the two player's flipped. Jailor (if there is one): Use what you leaned last night to your advantage today. Scum: be sure to keep lynching the most dangerous of town and make sure you make solid cases during the day. Don't fluff it while you're ahead.

Everyone: I'll still be following the thread I'll answer theory-related questions

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2013, 07:21:15 am »

Day Two will end on Friday, August 2 at 8:00pm CST

GUNINANRUNIN (0) -
griffinpup (2) - GUNINANRUNIN, Griffionday
Griffionday (0) -
Powder Miner (0) -
Imperial Guardsman (0) -
Chink (0) -
Nerjin (0) -

Not Voting - griffinpup, Powder Miner, Imperial Guardsman, Chink, Nerjin

Extend (0/3) -
Shorten (0/4) -

Lurker Tracker
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:27:56 am by Okami No Rei »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41