Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75189 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan - Replacement Needed
« Reply #330 on: July 29, 2013, 11:47:28 am »

Nerjin, Deathsword
Nerjin
DUDE! You are an IC! YOU CANNOT DO THIS! If you are going to give advice you need to GIVE advice. Come on man. You're better than this.
I appreciate the concern, and usually I'd agree but in this instance I don't think it's my job to give scum advice. If Imp really is a rolecop he can ask the scum-IC Deathsword for advice on good rolecop scumplay. Do you disagree?

OF COURSE I disagree! You are an IC! It doesn't matter WHAT his alignment is you are supposed to teach him you twit. Jesus dude! What the hell? You signed up to teach: TEACH! Scum, Town, third party, just reading the forum for fun, it doesn't matter! Do not pull this again NQT. Do your damn job.
I feel I must intervene. NQT, you can't be 100% sure who is scum and who is not. Only I, the mod, the spoilspecs, and the scum team can be know for sure. And even if a player says "hey, I am scum" you are still obligated as an IC to teach them. Being an IC means you must give advice and teach, EVEN IF THAT GOES AGAINST YOUR WINCON. Refusing to give advice as an IC is terrible play and against the idea of BMs themselves.
I can't help but feel we're talking at cross purposes here and I can see how what I said might have been ambiguous. I meant 'scum-advice' not 'advice to scum': I wasn't not advising Imp because I thought he was scum. Or, to put it another way, I wasn't calling Imp scum and then refusing to teach him; I was saying I didn't think it was my job to give scum-specific advice. Do you see that? I just didn't think it was in my remit to teach everyone good scumplay. I thought that was the scum IC's job. But, if you guys disagree that's fine. Just a misunderstanding. I'd appreciate it if you didn't take an aggravated tone-- that makes me not want to play here at all.

Okay...

Imperial Guardsman
Rolecopping based on a player's previous chances of getting roles isn't a particularly reliable method. As it's done randomly, I've as much chance of getting a role as anyone else. A much more reliable method of choosing who to rolecop is to look at those town-players that are most engaged prodding people and asking questions: they're the ones that are most likely to be cops or jailers weighing up who to night-target. Obviously don't pick anyone that your scumbuddy is night-killing. At this stage we don't have much information so there's not so much harm in choosing randomly or based on something arbitrary like past-prevalence of having a role. However in later days you'll want to target players that make strong moves and sudden accusations against scum at the beginning of a day: they're most likely to be the players who found something out in the night.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan - Replacement Needed
« Reply #331 on: July 29, 2013, 11:48:41 am »

Nerjin, Deathsword
Nerjin
DUDE! You are an IC! YOU CANNOT DO THIS! If you are going to give advice you need to GIVE advice. Come on man. You're better than this.
I appreciate the concern, and usually I'd agree but in this instance I don't think it's my job to give scum advice. If Imp really is a rolecop he can ask the scum-IC Deathsword for advice on good rolecop scumplay. Do you disagree?

OF COURSE I disagree! You are an IC! It doesn't matter WHAT his alignment is you are supposed to teach him you twit. Jesus dude! What the hell? You signed up to teach: TEACH! Scum, Town, third party, just reading the forum for fun, it doesn't matter! Do not pull this again NQT. Do your damn job.
I feel I must intervene. NQT, you can't be 100% sure who is scum and who is not. Only I, the mod, the spoilspecs, and the scum team can be know for sure. And even if a player says "hey, I am scum" you are still obligated as an IC to teach them. Being an IC means you must give advice and teach, EVEN IF THAT GOES AGAINST YOUR WINCON. Refusing to give advice as an IC is terrible play and against the idea of BMs themselves.
I can't help but feel we're talking at cross purposes here and I can see how what I said might have been ambiguous. I meant 'scum-advice' not 'advice to scum': I wasn't not advising Imp because I thought he was scum. Or, to put it another way, I wasn't calling Imp scum and then refusing to teach him; I was saying I didn't think it was my job to give scum-specific advice. Do you see that? I just didn't think it was in my remit to teach everyone good scumplay. I thought that was the scum IC's job. But, if you guys disagree that's fine. Just a misunderstanding. I'd appreciate it if you didn't take an aggravated tone-- that makes me not want to play here at all.

Okay...

Imperial Guardsman
Rolecopping based on a player's previous chances of getting roles isn't a particularly reliable method. As it's done randomly, I've as much chance of getting a role as anyone else. A much more reliable method of choosing who to rolecop is to look at those town-players that are most engaged prodding people and asking questions: they're the ones that are most likely to be cops or jailers weighing up who to night-target. Obviously don't pick anyone that your scumbuddy is night-killing. At this stage we don't have much information so there's not so much harm in choosing randomly or based on something arbitrary like past-prevalence of having a role. However in later days you'll want to target players that make strong moves and sudden accusations against scum at the beginning of a day: they're most likely to be the players who found something out in the night.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan
« Reply #332 on: July 29, 2013, 12:07:39 pm »

PFP - 2 Hours remaining in Day One.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:55:19 pm by Okami No Rei »
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 29, 2013, 06:47:40 pm »

Gun: (guninanrunin)
Why do you have time to post 39 times outside this thread today, but haven't managed to find time to answer anyone's questions in this thread?
Consider this an official accusation of lurking.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #334 on: July 29, 2013, 06:51:35 pm »

Well no one's asked me any questions as a matter of fact. And there's plenty of action watching Nerjin and Dave (one-sidedly) slug it out.

Meanwhile you haven't done much except helpfully tell everyone that they're not answering any questions. :P Why the passive aggression? I guess you're feeling pretty cozy with watching someone else get taken down instead of you.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 29, 2013, 07:23:44 pm »

Well no one's asked me any questions as a matter of fact.
Wrong Answer.  Try again.
Gun:
Your predecessor pursued the issue of my voting without substance significantly, and then immediately dropped it and moved on.  What's your opinion on the subject?  Do you know why he left the issue so abruptly?
GUN, welcome to the game. I suggest taking a moment to read through the game (better now before it gets too unwieldy) and making a few notes on the play of each of the players. What's your fresh perspective on everyone?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2013, 07:26:50 pm »

Meanwhile you haven't done much except helpfully tell everyone that they're not answering any questions. :P Why the passive aggression? I guess you're feeling pretty cozy with watching someone else get taken down instead of you.
I'm currently waiting for people like you to answer my questions.  There's not much else I can do except prod.

Also, I assume that you were planning on finishing this day without posting again.  Why wouldn't you attempt to scumhunt or make a case on someone you think is scummy?  All you've been doing is "watching".  If there's a better example of lurking I haven't seen it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2013, 07:29:51 pm »

Spoiler: Just to note on ICs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:31:48 pm by Tiruin »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2013, 07:41:05 pm »

I'm currently waiting for people like you to answer my questions.  There's not much else I can do except prod.

Also, I assume that you were planning on finishing this day without posting again.  Why wouldn't you attempt to scumhunt or make a case on someone you think is scummy?  All you've been doing is "watching".  If there's a better example of lurking I haven't seen it.
They must not think much of your accusations then.

I'm making a case right now. I was taking the time to read through the thread and see what sort of effort everyone was putting in, and their stances. The others have been talking, solidifying their leads, and meanwhile you've been sitting back, watching the lynch go down. You sure didn't have much to say about it. Like I said before, you must be pretty relieved that its someone other than you getting the axe.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 29, 2013, 07:46:47 pm »

GUN
Well no one's asked me any questions as a matter of fact. And there's plenty of action watching Nerjin and Dave (one-sidedly) slug it out.
There was this:
GUN, welcome to the game. I suggest taking a moment to read through the game (better now before it gets too unwieldy) and making a few notes on the play of each of the players. What's your fresh perspective on everyone?

Also, were you going to vote?

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Hmm... two hours left. Time for my final vote and reads!

Some of my general impressions of the players:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At the end of the day I should place my vote on the player that is the most scummiest. I thought long and hard about this. Dave is top target and there's nothing I can do to stop him being lynched at this stage. My vote only signifies who I find scummy. And I do find Dave scummy, but I also find the way he's been handled and effective plumped for a lynching by Nerjin and Griffpup, especially suspicious. I'll level with you all, I'm also worried if Dave does flip scum then I'll be suspected of unreasonably defending him, but if I do place my vote on him I'll be accused of bussing. This puts me in a poor position right now and these are the kinds of accusations I'll be looking out for Day 2.

Ultimately, you should vote for the person you think should be lynched. Dave has a lot to learn but he is a liability to the town and his death will give us the most information. He has made the most new-player mistakes but has also acted the most scummiest, and I only hope that the latter is just due to the former. For these reasons: DaveTheGrave.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 29, 2013, 08:00:37 pm »

Day One has ended.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 29, 2013, 08:00:46 pm »

GUN:

They must not think much of your accusations then.

I'm making a case right now. I was taking the time to read through the thread and see what sort of effort everyone was putting in, and their stances. The others have been talking, solidifying their leads, and meanwhile you've been sitting back, watching the lynch go down. You sure didn't have much to say about it. Like I said before, you must be pretty relieved that its someone other than you getting the axe.
In case you haven't noticed, the person I'm voting is the current lynch target, and the players that I'm currently have discussions with haven't posted on this thread recently, and therefore haven't answered my question.  Unlike you, most people in this game actually do answer questions when asked.
I'm making a case right now.
And where's this case?
and meanwhile you've been sitting back
I assume this is an accusation of lurking?
You sure didn't have much to say about it.
I'm made my opinion on the current lynch clear in this post and posts like it.  I'd hardly qualify all of my posts on the matter as "not saying much about it"
Dave is stupid, and is either super stupid, or panicking scum.  Without answers to my questions, and what looks like an OMGUS and bandwagon vote in an attempt to save himself, he looks decidedly scummy.  This could merely be extreme newbiness, but I doubt it.
And you still haven't explained why you haven't answered anyone's questions.  Or answered them, for that matter.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 29, 2013, 08:02:44 pm »

The only reason anyone thinks I'm scum is in the beggening I mistook hypothetical, as accusations.

DaveTheGrave, You are scum. Who is the night one nightkill?
Dont know, I'm not scum. Odds are whoever is scum is going to play the shit out of this conflict and kill you anyway, so salutations my good man.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 29, 2013, 08:47:31 pm »

Spoiler: First Blood (click to show/hide)

Day One has ended!

FINAL VOTECOUNT

GUNINANRUNIN (0) -
griffinpup (1) - Griffionday
Griffionday (0) -
Powder Miner (1) - Chink
Imperial Guardsman (1) - DaveTheGrave
DaveTheGrave (5) - Nerjin, Imperial Guardsman, griffinpup, Powder Miner, notquitethere
Chink (0) -
Nerjin (0) -
notquitethere (0) -

Not Voting - GUNINANRUNIN

DaveTheGrave has been lynched!

DaveTheGrave was a Goblin Thief (Vanilla Town)

Night One has begun, and will end on Tuesday, July 30 at 8:00pm CST, or when I have received all actions.

Send in your actions.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 08:58:56 pm by Okami No Rei »

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day Two - Goblin Food
« Reply #344 on: July 30, 2013, 08:07:42 pm »

Spoiler: Goblin Food (click to show/hide)

Night One has ended!

notquitethere has been killed!

notquitethere was a Goblin Sergeant (Cop)

Day Two has begun, and will end on Friday, August 2 at 8:00pm CST

GUNINANRUNIN (0) -
griffinpup (0) -
Griffionday (0) -
Powder Miner (0) -
Imperial Guardsman (0) -
Chink (0) -
Nerjin (0) -

Not Voting - GUNINANRUNIN, griffinpup, Griffionday, Powder Miner, Imperial Guardsman, Chink, Nerjin

Extend (0/3) -
Shorten (0/4) -

Lurker Tracker
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41