Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75207 times)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan - Replacement Needed
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2013, 10:32:43 am »

Imperial Guardsman
Its a 50/50 chance hes either a VI or Scum.
Its a 99.9 chance he will be D1 Lynch.
Calling the lynch target and admitting that they're only half-likely to be scum doesn't seem to be a particularly pro-town move. If Dave is lynched and they flip town, it's this sort of pronouncement that will look poorly in your favour. Do you have any reads on the other players?

Unfortunately, i dont have any reads yet...

NQT, because of how he frequently gets power roles/third party.
Ah, you believe in a sort of cosmic luck. It is true that in life I am the third-party, a loose cannon spouting loose canon; a maverick 90 degrees askew from the rest of civilisation. But really, there are probably better reasons to rolecop someone.

I dont have proof of anything so im going to rolecop based on "cosmic luck."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan - Replacement Requested
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2013, 10:36:55 am »

Griffinpup
NQT: rephrase your question.  I've been meaning to ask you to do so, but I've forgotten a few times.  Inter-game meta literally means nothing to me.
Ah, right, advanced lingo. Often in mafia we talk about someone's 'meta', but that's just a jargon way of referring to our sense of their general playstyle. So for example, I know that Dariush is generally belligerent and unpleasant. Where he appears more co-operative and approaches pleasantness (as in Mafia & Masons and Revolution 2), he's probably playing scum. I was wondering whether you thought your experience with players in other games that you've played or read would in any way inform your read on those players. So, at the beginning of this game I noted that you were hostile to me based on my behaviour in Revolution 2, but this doesn't seem like good town play as I can now confirm that I was deliberately playing uncooperatively in that game as a part of a successful spy strategy. In fact, those that knew my general playstyle would have seen I was acting out of character (compare to Revolution 1 in which I was incensed at being mislabelled a spy and worked ceaselessly to clear my name). But meta can be manipulated. If players expect you to act in a certain way, you can hide your alignment by playing up to expectations. What do you think?

Imperial Guardsman
Uh... was this a slip of the keyboard, or did you really just claim to be the rolecop in a more than hypothetical sense?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2013, 10:41:28 am »

((Can I IN, or is this full? :C I've never played Mafia before.))
Oh joy. Let's let someone who's emotionally driven and can't handle any form of criticism play.  As you can tell, my past experience with gun is... Less then pleasant.  But if he is going to be on the replacement list, doesn't that make him TWS's replacement?
((Don't.

Apparently you've been hanging onto that worthless argument we had ever since it ended nearly a week ago. I had already forgotten about it. Its in the past, and I have no hard feelings against you for it. You need to let it go Griffin instead of trying to pick a fight.))
I actually laughed when I read this.  You apparently don't comprehend what picking a fight is in this game.  Let me make something perfectly clear. 
I'm not trying to pick a fight.
When I do, you will know it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2013, 10:46:08 am »

((Can I IN, or is this full? :C I've never played Mafia before.))
Oh joy. Let's let someone who's emotionally driven and can't handle any form of criticism play.  As you can tell, my past experience with gun is... Less then pleasant.  But if he is going to be on the replacement list, doesn't that make him TWS's replacement?
((Don't.

Apparently you've been hanging onto that worthless argument we had ever since it ended nearly a week ago. I had already forgotten about it. Its in the past, and I have no hard feelings against you for it. You need to let it go Griffin instead of trying to pick a fight.))
I actually laughed when I read this.  You apparently don't comprehend what picking a fight is in this game.  Let me make something perfectly clear. 
I'm not trying to pick a fight.
When I do, you will know it.
((Well you were being childish before, so I assumed it was a personal attack. I'm not even in yet. :-\))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2013, 10:52:32 am »

Gun:
I think that you're effectively TWS's replacement at this point.  All you need is the role pm. 
Also, that post was never addressed to you.

Also, oppose shorten. With a new player we'll need some more time to do RVS.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2013, 10:55:08 am »

Imperial Guardsman
Uh... was this a slip of the keyboard, or did you really just claim to be the rolecop in a more than hypothetical sense?
No. We are still on the question.
I was asked who i would rolecop if i were the rolecop.
I said i would rolecop you based on your luck with roles if nobody claimed or hinted toward their power role.
Power and you said this was not a good idea.
I responded that i still dont have proof of anything, so i will rolecop based on cosmic luck.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2013, 11:18:53 am »

Imperial
I responded that i still dont have proof of anything, so i will rolecop based on cosmic luck.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here because you're obviously making some effort to clarify yourself and I appreciate that, but in future bear in mind that there's a big difference between saying 'I will rolecop' and 'I would rolecop'.

You say you don't have any reads yet, and it's still early game so I guess that's okay. Let's try to develop some reads. Take a look at Powder Miner and Chink: who do you find scummier and why?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2013, 11:20:08 am »

Am I being replaced now, or on August 11?

It might be best to replace me now, since I'm gone for a few days now too. This'll be my last post.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2013, 11:36:57 am »

You say you don't have any reads yet, and it's still early game so I guess that's okay. Let's try to develop some reads. Take a look at Powder Miner and Chink: who do you find scummier and why?
Chink is acting quite hostile towards me. He is targeting me to get information out of me, but that is normal town play.
Chink is either town or scum trying to blend in.

Powderminer is activelurking from the look of it, but he is still asking good questions and actively trying to obtain information.
Town, leaning towards scum.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2013, 11:46:18 am »

IG:
your reads or incomprehensible.  'Town, or scum.'  "Town, leaning scum."  Which is it?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2013, 11:57:49 am »

Griffpup, there could have been a clarifying comma but I think it's unfair to say that the reads were incomprehensible. They showed that Imp had taken a moment to look at Chink and Powder and come with an impression. It's okay not to know whether someone is scum or town at this stage. Being absolutely certain would smack of scummishness or bullheadedness.

Do you have reads yet?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2013, 12:07:08 pm »

Let me clarify.
Chink is either a townie, or a member of the scum team trying to blend in.
PowderMiner is may likely be town, but he shows some scuminess ( in his active lurking )

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2013, 12:15:37 pm »

The active lurking is due to the fact that I'm trying to remporarily lessen my involvement in the game- due to the fact that I'm busy getting ready for a trip I'm taking tomorrow, and am about to take that trip for a few days. I simply don't have the time to hunt though the thread for scumtells right now.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2013, 12:21:05 pm »

GUNINANRUNIN has replaced TheWetSheep

Day 1 ends on Monday, July 29 at 8:00pm CST

32 Hours Remain in the Day

Votecount

GUNINANRUNIN (0) -
griffinpup (1) - DaveTheGrave
Griffionday (0) -
Powder Miner (0) -
Imperial Guardsman (1) - notquitethere
DaveTheGrave (4) - Nerjin, Imperial Guardsman, griffinpup, Powder Miner
Chink (0) -
Nerjin (0) -
notquitethere (0) -

Not Voting - Chink, Griffionday, GUNINANRUNIN

Extend (0/4) -
Shorten (-2/5) -!Nerjin, !griffinpup

Lurker Tracker
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:38:42 pm by Okami No Rei »
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 28, 2013, 12:30:57 pm »

The active lurking is due to the fact that I'm trying to remporarily lessen my involvement in the game- due to the fact that I'm busy getting ready for a trip I'm taking tomorrow, and am about to take that trip for a few days. I simply don't have the time to hunt though the thread for scumtells right now.

Oh, sorry. Yeah, PM is likely town.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41