Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54533 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Not Nuked?!?
« Reply #585 on: August 03, 2013, 03:48:46 am »

go full demon and jump from building to building setting each roof on fire as i go.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 03, 2013, 06:44:55 am »

MINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINE!
So yeah, go absorb the crap out of it :P

Might I remind you that it doesn't work unless it's in contact with your living tissue? And that skin is dead?

Whut. WHAT YOU MEAN MY SKIN IS DEAD?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 03, 2013, 06:47:05 am »

Skin is made of dead cells. I thought you knew.

You're going to need to rip yourself apart, insert the device, and put yourself back together to "assimilate" stuff. Thankfully, your other powers make this easier.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 03, 2013, 06:54:42 am »

So what tech exactly is this dude carrying?

EXAMINE THE HERO FOR SEXY TECH

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 03, 2013, 06:55:26 am »

I'll roll for that next turn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 03, 2013, 08:42:00 am »

You're going to need to rip yourself apart, insert the device, and put yourself back together to "assimilate" stuff. Thankfully, your other powers make this easier.

((Actually, why not just eat it? Or hell, just lick it?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 03, 2013, 08:44:51 am »

((Actually, why not just eat it? Or hell, just lick it?))
You could do so, but that would limit where you could put it. And I'd imagine that having your stomach full of assimilated tech qould impair your digestive ability almost as much as assimilating something on your tongue would impair your ability to speak.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 03, 2013, 09:04:37 am »

You could do so, but that would limit where you could put it. And I'd imagine that having your stomach full of assimilated tech qould impair your digestive ability almost as much as assimilating something on your tongue would impair your ability to speak.

((How is that better than jamming it in your liver? Or any other organ? You'd get infected as all hell if you just put dirty pieces of tech straight into yourself without disinfection.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 03, 2013, 09:20:28 am »

Putting it next to an organ doesn't impair the organ's function like putting it in the organ would. And, honestly, if you can regenerate well enough to ignore the effects of being blown to bits, and you incorporate foreign matter into your structure, an infection isn't likely to bug you much.
Sig

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 03, 2013, 12:22:44 pm »

Putting it next to an organ doesn't impair the organ's function like putting it in the organ would. And, honestly, if you can regenerate well enough to ignore the effects of being blown to bits, and you incorporate foreign matter into your structure, an infection isn't likely to bug you much.

LOVELOVELOVEMYPOWERS

Indeed, I do this.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #595 on: August 03, 2013, 12:36:22 pm »

Name: Kel Alern
Description: Light brown hair, somewhat taller than average, not fat but also not a stick.

Backstory: Unknown dads. When he was young he used to be the leader of a poor kid group, doing thievery and stuff. The crimes started to become more serious at the age of 19, he attempted to stop his friends, but they didnt listen to him. His girlfriend got shot by one of them when she attempted to warm the future victim of an murder attempt.
Intended Side: Unknown/Neutral (If this is an option, else eh... Good?)
Motivation: Revenge. Thats what he will try to do, but he isnt quite sure how yet. He may forget this, but he also may not.
Favorite Superpower: Allomancy (Is the power to consume metals[by eating them] to obtain different skills) Mistborn References
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:45:20 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 03, 2013, 04:38:29 pm »

Hm, Irving can't say he's surprised. He figured the monstrous side of them overrode whatever humanity they might of had left, and it seems he was correct. Nothing but vague recollections and sounds. Probably doesn't help that Love seems to believe that the man's thoughts are even more jumbled than the typical monster, maybe their more human side degenerates as time goes along? Or perhaps he was just rather insane when he was human? Who can tell.

Also a car driving towards the stor--THERE'S A CAR DRIVING TOWARDS THE STORE TAKE COVER--Irving tries to see the scene with his own eyes to try and figure out what the hell just happened.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 03, 2013, 06:02:38 pm »

Also seriously, not sure if this Is still my action, kinda got buried in some debate, but this is the action I wish to take:

Examine the hero to see what tech he has

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 04, 2013, 07:16:19 am »

You sign up. One of the things you needed to fill in was your codename--your superhero name. What did you put?
You head to the library.

Attempt locomotion.
[1+1] You can't quite manage it.

Get out of the van, be menacing.
"Gentlemen."
"What the h--"
"Sexist maniac. How do you do?"
-snip-
Also a car driving towards the stor--THERE'S A CAR DRIVING TOWARDS THE STORE TAKE COVER--Irving tries to see the scene with his own eyes to try and figure out what the hell just happened.
[2-1] Nope. You still don't see anything unusual except the monsters.

Wake up so I can fight those evil scum they call "nurses".
[1] When I get home, I'll find a die that doesn't hate you so much.

"Yeesh, what's wrong with people today? Well, guess I'll be leaving, then."

Try to think of relatives in Illinois who don't live in a radioactive idiot-infested ruin of a city and who instead live in some kind of small town a bit farther away. Wander further away from any activity.
[3] You have a...whatever you call a cousin's daughter living in Indiana. Which wouldn't be so bad, except that she's a bit of a loner and it's in Indiana.

go full demon and jump from building to building setting each roof on fire as i go.
You do so. You wonder why no heroes have showed up. [1] No heroes have showed up.

So what tech exactly is this dude carrying?

EXAMINE THE HERO FOR SEXY TECH
[4] A few things that look like ray guns, and some other miscellaneous gadgets in a utility belt.

Kel Alern: [1,5,1]
Um...geez, I must have sleep deprivation. I can't think of a good way to kick of your whatever-career with no superpoewr origin story.
Sig

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 04, 2013, 07:22:35 am »

Wake up.
((By the time I succeed in this, enough turns will have passed for me to reenact the plot of Rage.))
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 45