Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54609 times)

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Not Nuked?!?
« Reply #495 on: July 24, 2013, 06:32:30 am »

Kyle sighs, saddened by his lack of findings.

Head home, so long as there is still a home to go back to.  Try and help people on the way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 24, 2013, 08:28:13 am »

check delivery recepticle for phlebotinum, if found aquire new apartment/hotel room
Missed that, sorry.
Nothing was found. You're starting to doubt the validity of these internet-order phlebotinum websites...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 24, 2013, 10:12:33 am »

"Leader? Huh... Only know a few of those things like that, typically stay clear the hell away from them, they're... Smart. Too much so. Guess this one gave yah enough trouble to actually name the thing? You said it stopped a nuke? Huh... Yeah, that's not gonna be easy. Still not sure what you mean by precog though, those monsters are weird but I doubt magic, I mean come on. ...This coming from the guy who can read thoughts, alright never mind. You got a plan for taking them out? ...Or... Don't? I mean, if they can see the future, well, how does that work really? All futures, a possible future, what?" Irving just sighed. If those... Things could see the future, he has absolutely no idea in hell how he's managed to avoid them up to now. Guess he managed to stay under the wire? With this guy involved though, chances are he isn't anymore. Ah well, he doesn't even care really. First human he's seen in forever and there's finally a plan beyond just surviving. He can get used to this.

"So, you got a game plan? You can expect they'll know what we're to do, and I haven't a clue how to fix that. Didn't even have the idea that those things could have... Stuff like that really. I can sniff around for its territory I guess, some of the other creatures probably avoid it no doubt."
"Alls we gotta do is confuse them. The more choices we make, the more possible futures there are. In all the stands, they might miss us.
Go to gun shop, leave, acquire more explosives.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 24, 2013, 03:03:17 pm »

"Sure, makes sense. Got your back them, I'll try to screen us from any eyes, unless that's what you want instead." If contact is made with any monsters, Irving will try to screen both him and his new found ally from their memory/thoughts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 24, 2013, 10:18:29 pm »

Change out of my costume and go home I guess.
You do so.

Experiment again with a vine out of my hand. Can I control said vine? Is there a limit on its size?
Yes. Yes. You extend the vine as far as it goes, and discover to your disappointment that it seems to be drawing on the tangle within you for its length.

Oszkar walks up to the healed fellow.

"I say, sir! Do you feel any different than before the massive explosion?"

Question.
"Um...yes. First it hurt. Then I felt really...strange. And now I'm like this. Still a bit sore."

Attempt to stand. Examine self more closely.
You stand. You look mostly normal, although if you look closely when you move something looks...off.

Kyle sighs, saddened by his lack of findings.

Head home, so long as there is still a home to go back to.  Try and help people on the way.
[3] Your home was far enough from the blast that it sustained only minor damage.

"Leader? Huh... Only know a few of those things like that, typically stay clear the hell away from them, they're... Smart. Too much so. Guess this one gave yah enough trouble to actually name the thing? You said it stopped a nuke? Huh... Yeah, that's not gonna be easy. Still not sure what you mean by precog though, those monsters are weird but I doubt magic, I mean come on. ...This coming from the guy who can read thoughts, alright never mind. You got a plan for taking them out? ...Or... Don't? I mean, if they can see the future, well, how does that work really? All futures, a possible future, what?" Irving just sighed. If those... Things could see the future, he has absolutely no idea in hell how he's managed to avoid them up to now. Guess he managed to stay under the wire? With this guy involved though, chances are he isn't anymore. Ah well, he doesn't even care really. First human he's seen in forever and there's finally a plan beyond just surviving. He can get used to this.

"So, you got a game plan? You can expect they'll know what we're to do, and I haven't a clue how to fix that. Didn't even have the idea that those things could have... Stuff like that really. I can sniff around for its territory I guess, some of the other creatures probably avoid it no doubt."
"Alls we gotta do is confuse them. The more choices we make, the more possible futures there are. In all the stands, they might miss us.
Go to gun shop, leave, acquire more explosives.
[6] What the heck?!?
You get another nuke. [1] A very small one, and a dud at that.

"Sure, makes sense. Got your back them, I'll try to screen us from any eyes, unless that's what you want instead." If contact is made with any monsters, Irving will try to screen both him and his new found ally from their memory/thoughts.
[6] You see them. EVERYWHERE! You can't escape...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 24, 2013, 10:24:41 pm »

Go buy a sword and gun off the internet or something. Then make plans to eradicate crime from the city.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 24, 2013, 10:37:31 pm »

Go buy a vine at a gardening store, and test back at my apartment if I can absorb the cine into me.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 24, 2013, 10:38:54 pm »

hack phlebotinum website, follow money trail back to source.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 24, 2013, 10:40:05 pm »

Punch a hole through the mech!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 25, 2013, 12:46:25 am »

Build elaborate fake missile for dud nuke, acquire thermite.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 25, 2013, 05:46:42 am »

ok since I'm apparently not getting very far in that regard...Start moving, keeping an eye on myself to make sure nothing falls off. Try and find someone who knows what the hell just happened.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 25, 2013, 08:22:37 am »

"Hm... okay... I'm still not sure what happened here."

Look for another terribly injured guy. Try doing the beam thing again.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 25, 2013, 08:22:38 pm »

"Er... We may want to hurry up with whatever we're doing." Love said nervously. "I think I've shielded us, I think, but there's a lot of them. A lot. May just be that I'm picking up more than usual though, I don't typically try this kind of mass scale mental phreaking. I don't exactly have much to go up against praying mantis bone claw things and fangs the size of my fingers however and knowing this many around us isn't exactly a fun fact for a bored Tuesday." Irving wiggled his fingers visibly for visual reference. "I'll keep screening us from their thoughts though, maybe see if I can influence a few to go elsewhere. Or fight each other, that might trim their numbers down a bit, although might wind up causing more to show up due to the ruckus..."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:24:26 pm by Xanmyral »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 25, 2013, 08:56:53 pm »

random.org tonight.

Go buy a sword and gun off the internet or something. Then make plans to eradicate crime from the city.
[6] You purchase a pistol and a scimitar online. [6] Plans made. Many, many pieces of paper used. The owner of these papers is angry. Oh, and since you don't have a house, you are a bit concerned about the rainclouds gathering under the rising sun...

Go buy a vine at a gardening store, and test back at my apartment if I can absorb the cine into me.
Hm...[4] Yes. It doesn't feel quite right, though...

hack phlebotinum website, follow money trail back to source.
[6] Wow. random.org is spitting out 6's tonight. Maybe I should go back to dice.
You do so. You think you've found the source.

Punch a hole through the mech!
[1] Good news: You broke something. Bad news: Something is your hand.

Build elaborate fake missile for dud nuke, acquire thermite.
[3] Fake missile built. [4] Thermite get.

ok since I'm apparently not getting very far in that regard...Start moving, keeping an eye on myself to make sure nothing falls off. Try and find someone who knows what the hell just happened.
You wander around. [5] You notice the woman who everyone seems to be going towards. You shove some people out of the way.
"What's going on?"
"I'm healing people."
"From what?"
"That bomb that went off! ...You okay?"

"Hm... okay... I'm still not sure what happened here."

Look for another terribly injured guy. Try doing the beam thing again.
Injured people are not hard to find. [3,4] You find someone who looks hurt, a little girl missing an arm and bleeding. Light flows from you again and strikes her; her wound begins closing. She wakes up and looks at you.

"Er... We may want to hurry up with whatever we're doing." Love said nervously. "I think I've shielded us, I think, but there's a lot of them. A lot. May just be that I'm picking up more than usual though, I don't typically try this kind of mass scale mental phreaking. I don't exactly have much to go up against praying mantis bone claw things and fangs the size of my fingers however and knowing this many around us isn't exactly a fun fact for a bored Tuesday." Irving wiggled his fingers visibly for visual reference. "I'll keep screening us from their thoughts though, maybe see if I can influence a few to go elsewhere. Or fight each other, that might trim their numbers down a bit, although might wind up causing more to show up due to the ruckus..."
Talking to himself, unless I missed some part of the plans, Love focuses his thoughts. [6] He gives himself a headache. However, people are seeming to want to avoid him. Success!

I've noticed that not as many people seem to be posting. Any idea why?
Sig

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 25, 2013, 09:05:03 pm »

Test if I can control the vine I added. If I can, purchase a plane ticket to Atlanta, Georgia, and find some Kudzu there.

((They might just be busy, or have forgotten about this.))
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 45