Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54625 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Not Nuked?!?
« Reply #465 on: July 22, 2013, 05:00:54 am »

((Sorry guys, I'm going for an operation soon. I'll be stuck in hospital and most probably wont be available for a few days at least. I guess that means my guy is dead/unconscious. I'll be back though.))

((Edit: Or not. I'll be borrowing a friend's laptop. Guess I'll have internet access after all :> ))

Try to keep conscious and squeeze out from the rubble. Pray to the gods that the demon doesn't kill me
((Apparently ive already saved your character, good luck with your operation though.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 22, 2013, 05:23:41 am »

((ARGH!  Will I ever get a roll above 2... ))

Kyle pounded his fist against a wall in frustration, causing it to collapse due to the weakened structure and land on his head.  After digging himself out, he wondered why the gods hated him so much.   He then decided to continue the search for the crater, because he has to try and stop another event like this happening again.

Continue to look for the source.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 22, 2013, 08:18:13 am »

Of course! If he worked for Leadfi- but he was only 14. And he was a lake monster. It was rather unlikely that it had been Merrow's fault, when Adi thought about it. But there were probably others in the area whose fault it could have been. And Merrow would lead her to them.
Trail Merrow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 22, 2013, 08:58:32 am »

((Question, why would i lift the rubble when im trying to kill someone? Shouldnt i pile more on?))
Yes. Yes, you should have. But you rolled a 1 to kill a character who could have been killed by you walking away.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 22, 2013, 10:01:27 am »

((Question, why would i lift the rubble when im trying to kill someone? Shouldnt i pile more on?))
Yes. Yes, you should have. But you rolled a 1 to kill a character who could have been killed by you walking away.
But i rolled a 4 to begin with and my character used that to help him instead... what im saying is instead of using that roll to pull the crap off of him shouldnt i have you know... impaled him with a steel rebar or pushed a shelf burning lumber onto him?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:04:46 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 22, 2013, 10:05:40 am »

Okay, part of the reason is that I wrote it late at night. I'm glad that I remembered the reason I stayed up absurdly late last night/this morning.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 22, 2013, 10:17:23 am »

Nah its my fault... im just transferring irritation from another rtd and biting your head off for no reason...

The gm is constantly taking liberties with my actions and causing my character to get nothing done ever... its kinda replaced my metaphorical fuse in these situations with a hair trigger.

Im just gonna shut up and try to stop taking it out on innocent gms whose games i actually enjoy.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 22, 2013, 10:18:32 am »

[Stabbed in the gut? Now that is definitely a roll on the wheel of delusion. (Insert onomatopoeia of rolling dice) ...Yes Now to see if Irving sees that guy as what he is, or what he thinks he is. (More dice rolling) Aw, guess he does see him as he actually is. Darn, I had a good description in my head as to what this guy might of looked monsterized.]

[5] - Normal

The first normal person I've seen in ages, and he stabbed me. The whole world looks like bleeding monsters, and he stabs me. Goddammit. Then he said something about me frying brains, what? "Fuck that hurt--Look buddy, I don't know if you know, but this whole place is full of fucking monsters, and what do you do when you find one who isn't? You stab them. I would be pissed if I wasn't so happy to see a normal human instead of seeing more horrifying monsters that I'm pretty sure are starting to degrade my sanity. I understand being twitchy around those things, but damn that hurt. Look, I was fleeing two... Things, the pack things, you know if you've been here, and unless you want them to catch up to us we should probably get moving. Pronto. ...Unless you feel like getting eaten by some of the pack I guess. Where there's two there's always more circling you."

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 22, 2013, 10:22:47 am »

Dirk pulls out the knife, returning it to his arm.
"Look buddy, some of Leadfist's precogs just stopped a motherlovin' NUKE! I need a psychic warrior, and I need one now. You in?"
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 22, 2013, 06:13:54 pm »

Ferris Parson: [2,5,2] <------OH MY YES

Ferris attempts to get on his feet, and take stock of his situation
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 22, 2013, 08:49:30 pm »

Irving winced when the knife got removed, and placed his hand on the wound. That hurt. He almost didn't notice watching it return in his arm... Somehow. He has no idea how, but that isn't too important right now. "Leadfist? Nuke?" The man's wheels turned in his head as he tried to make sense of what the man was saying. Who the hell is Leadfist? A nuke? Is this guy trying to nuke this city? ...Irving can't exactly say it doesn't need it with the monstrosities running amok in it. But... Where did this guy get one? Where would they go afterwards? Is, perhaps, the city only that which was infected? Thoughts swarmed his head, and while he didn't honestly have a clue what this guy was needing, it seems he was asking if Irving wanted to join. Considering this guy could be his ticket outta this god forsaken hell, away from all this shit, he can't say he's feeling picky. "Sure, sure, although psychic warrior? What makes you think I fit that bill?" Does this guy know about his iron crown?

...He admits it isn't exactly subtle. Love winced again though. "You got something for this, man? Hurts like hell. ...Also, we should probably consider moving, the Pack won't give up my trail that easily. Specially now that I'm bleeding, blood drives 'em into a frenzy you don't even want to see, trust me."

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 22, 2013, 09:09:25 pm »

"Well, I have heard reports about odd machinery giving people psychic powers.
Dirk motions to the "crown"
"As for the nuke, I'm trying to fight the monsters too!".
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 22, 2013, 09:27:21 pm »

"...Fair enough. Yeah, this thing lets me see through the monsters eyes, and make them see through mine, although I've not personally tried it on anything else. Granted, this is the first time I've found anything else, so there wasn't much opportunity." The man shrugged, then winced at the gesture, instantly regretting it. "Makes sense. I'm in then, been saying this city should of been burned a long time ago when this whole goddamn thing started. ...Granted, mostly to myself because those things don't make much good conversation material. The ones that can talk, that is, they usually just blabber on about wanting to eat my flesh and all that, you probably know if you've seen 'em. Well, I suppose more they mumble constantly even if no one's there... Always mumbling... I'll just be quiet now." Irving realizes he was starting to babble.

The man had a lot of questions he wanted to ask, but realized he should probably cool his heels a bit for now, he can ask them later.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 22, 2013, 09:55:30 pm »

"Well, Leadfist is their evil leader, and he has  monsters that can see the future. I need you to stop that form happening."
Siggy Siggy Hole!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 22, 2013, 10:18:37 pm »

Kyle stops pummeling the rapist and asks for the victim to come back so he has a witness to what he did. He also takes off his trenchcoat and hands it to her should she come over.
[2] She runs off.

"That certainly sounds agreeable, though I was suggesting a shelter more to shield ourselves from radiation and fallout - that was hardly the cleanest explosion one could create. But yes, lead on."

Follow Paladin. Check if I am somehow obviously different.
You don't see yourself being obviously different, no.
You head out, and [5] swiftly find a large number of people who need help. You follow Paladin and listen to her. [4,6] A bolt of light comes out of your body and strikes one of the injured, causing him to swiftly become covered in scablike growths. The growths break after a moment, revealing a slightly less human, but quite healed, individual. Paladin turns to you in shock. [6-1] You feel fine.

You are stuck in an inactive mechsuit.
PUNCH THE MECHSUIT
You hurt your fist.

drag winston over to a nearby building or street lamp and crucify him as an example not to fuck with me. Head back to my apartment and collect all my stuff.
Whether the crucifiction is nails through the hands or just tying him in the correct position i care not, just make sure its completed this turn.
Try to keep conscious and squeeze out from the rubble. Pray to the gods that the demon doesn't kill me
[4] You drive spikes through Winston's hands. It hurts. You walk away, turning back to normal, and collect your stuff.
[5] The other you--Winston--breaks free quickly.

Damien finds himself on the horns of a dilemna, as they say. He wants to stay and help these people, but he needs to see just how bad it is out there. He knows he'll be fine out there. That's not what worries him. So, he stands there, his want to help and his need to know warring within him. The need wins by suggesting that they have the situation under control here, to go see who else might need help... and to take care of the dead.
"Hey, you!" The ex-C.I.A. agent calls out to the person who brought him here. "What's your name? You don't have to tell if you don't want, but I need you to keep everything in order here, Okay? I'm gonna go see how bad it is out there.
Ask questions, go to door with person.
"Jack Richter, sir."
You head out. It's full of people in varied states of injury.

Kyle pounded his fist against a wall in frustration, causing it to collapse due to the weakened structure and land on his head.  After digging himself out, he wondered why the gods hated him so much.   He then decided to continue the search for the crater, because he has to try and stop another event like this happening again.

Continue to look for the source.
[4] You find a crater and a bunch of corpses.

Of course! If he worked for Leadfi- but he was only 14. And he was a lake monster. It was rather unlikely that it had been Merrow's fault, when Adi thought about it. But there were probably others in the area whose fault it could have been. And Merrow would lead her to them.
Trail Merrow.
[5v5] You follow stealthily, but there's only so much subtlety a woman made of silver wearing a severely burnt burqa in the aftermath of a major bomb can use. [5] You are entirely aware of people now following you...

[quaote author=Xanmyral and Dansmithers]
Chat.
[/quote]
You do so.

Niemand Wichtig: [4,2,3]
Not everyone can stay neutral. Switzerland is protected by mountains, but Wichtig has nothing. Between supervillain groups, average organized crime, organized super-crime, super-organized crime, disorganized crime, semi-organized crim (ie, gangs) and of course the law itself, there's too many factions for one lone drug dealer to stand alone forever. So, he cut a deal. He accepted a spot in some supervillain's experiments. He got $500 cash, and superpowers if it succeeded; in exchange, there was some risk, and a favor this guy would call in later if Wichtig actually got powers.
He did. It wasn't great, but he got it. He felt something growing inside himself; it turned out to be a vine eating him from the inside out, leaving him a man-shaped vine in a coating of skin, with some assorted organs in the mix. What a superpower. Well, it could be worse...
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 45