Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54671 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Not Nuked?!?
« Reply #435 on: July 21, 2013, 12:16:03 am »

"Whoah, what the fuck was that? Was that a fucking BOMB?!?" Damien looks around and sees that some of the people are dead, and many more are badly wounded. Training kicks in, and he immediately tries to take control of the situation. "All right, I want a head count! Who's wounded and who's dead? You!" He grabs a nearby doctor. "How well supplied are you?" He shouts to everyone in earshot. "All right, listen up! I can deal with the radiation, but I'll need you all to come to me! Make sure that everone's all right! Priorities should be those who're wounded the worst! I'll go see how bad it is out there! MOVE!!"

Take stock of situation, issue orders, then go outside.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:19:09 am by Fr0stByt3 »
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 21, 2013, 04:50:25 am »

Being resuscitated from a state of being best described as a burning and blasted pile of flesh is certainly a new feeling for Oszkar, as is the sensation of being at ground zero of a thermonuclear attack. But he seems to be alright, due in large part to Paladin's efforts.

"I'm not sure I can thank you adequately, miss, for healing me like this."

He stands up and dusts himself off. He felt... different somehow. No time to think about that now, though.

"You wouldn't happen to know where the local bomb shelter is, would you? I was about to request you to possibly cure my advanced age, but that would be a rather terrible imposition presently. In addition, I don't think sticking around in a giant radioactive crater is in our best interest, if I remember the documentaries right."

Ask. Follow Paladin if she knows where to go.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 21, 2013, 07:21:37 am »

@!*$#)$*%*#@%(
Kill everyone and everything.
Please be more specific.
RAEG MOED!
Please be more specific.
Who are you killing, with what?

[What do you mean by 'everyone seems normal,' this in a 'you are not as insane as you were previously' kind of normal or a 'people aren't sprouting new limbs and powers' kind of thing?

Also, how hard was the hit? Enough to make him stumble backwards, or get thrown off of his feet, or something else?]
Normal for him. Which is to say, he's still crazy but no one can breathe fire or conjure asbestos or anything like that.
The first is pretty close.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 21, 2013, 07:38:30 am »

((Hmmm... do i want to finish him off or do i wanna spread my flaming wrath onto the freeway?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 21, 2013, 07:49:58 am »

Apparently.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 21, 2013, 08:57:49 am »

"Urgh... What... was THAT?! WHAT?! THE H*LL?! WAS THAT?! Ooffffff... I feel... a lot less solid than I should... ggghhh..." Adi trudges off towards the source of the explosion.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 21, 2013, 09:08:16 am »

waitlist me or whatever:
Name: Ferris Parson
Description: A average sized youth with dark hair and above average musculature

Backstory: Ferris Parson had the unique..."pleasure" of growing up under two superheroic parents. When he didn't immediately start manifesting powers as they did they decided to put him through "training" so that he would be able to continue their legacy regardless. The training was absolute hell, it tested Ferris in every way possible, and even when he nearly died multiple times, his parents still continued to put him through it in a twisted sense of parental guidance. Ferris eventually, after many attempts, managed to finally get away for good.
Intended Side: VILLAIN!
Motivation: Ferris wants to make the world as hellish for his parents as they made it for him, he will sow destruction with no thought other then how much they will hate what they have created.
Favorite Superpower: Anything that would let him stick it to his parents, although the thought of regeneration or something else that could result in immortality is especially sweet to him, as it would let him wreck havoc long after his parents are dead and gone.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 21, 2013, 12:28:38 pm »

Finn sighs, trying to think of something sufficiently heroic, this thought's interrupted by the explosion quaking the ground around him.
His eyes widen as he considers the implications here.

"Ohhh crap...
Alright what the hell do I do here... Get some lead for a shield... Nah. That wouldn't work too well... And what about the rest of these people."

Finn sighs again, then gets to work trying to calm and lead the civilians around him out of the city, or to a bomb shelter.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 21, 2013, 06:12:54 pm »

Damn double post :S
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:15:33 pm by draco1234 »

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 21, 2013, 06:14:24 pm »

As Kyle walks away from the old man and the shotgun lady, grumbling about old people today, a policeman decides to make his day even better by arresting him for the little misunderstanding back at the shop.  As the police officer attempts to handcuff him, he attempts to explain the situation.

"I know it looked bad, but it was a simple misunderstanding, and we both resolved it peacefully.  No hard feelings, right?"

The police officer however was having none of it, and deciding that resisting arrest is not the most heroic thing to do, Kyle decides to go along with it.  As the officer is putting the handcuffs on however, everything suddenly flashed white and a wave of boiling air sent both of them, and most of the surrounding objects, tumbling through the air. 

When he came to, Kyle got to his feet and found that he was in remarkably good health, though his clothing was in even worse condition than before.  He found his surrounding hadn't faired quite so well, with most of the surrounding buildings destroyed, and dead and dying people everywhere, including the arresting officer who was charred almost beyond recognition.  He looked around, shocked at the scene that met his eyes.  His first thoughts were what had caused this catastrophe, and how widespread was it?  He then decided that he should be acting more like a hero, and ran over to the nearest injured and tried to aid them however possible. 

Try to aid any injured in the vicinity.  Afterwards, investigate the source of the explosion.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 21, 2013, 06:25:29 pm »

((Um... You were at Ground Zero, right? Because if so, there shouldn't be a body. That close, and you're just gone. No body, no bones, nothin'. Not even ash. Just... poof.

Then again, this is a SuperHero/Villian/Nuetral game, so the rules for this kinda thing are doubtless different.))

EDIT: I don't mean your character, as we already know that he's alive. I meant the officer. Just wanted to make that clear.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:27:01 pm by Fr0stByt3 »
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 21, 2013, 06:31:31 pm »

-Otta get away, gotta get away, gotta get away! Step after step the hooded man's feet fell on the pavement as he dashed as fast as he could away. His ears rang, his eyes burn, his skin itched, his brain twitched. He isn't sure what happened, everything seemed a blur, but it slowly came back to him. Love didn't care where he was going, as long as it was away.

Prior...

Ooooh crap that didn't work. That didn't work at all, this isn't good, maybe the Cronies are finally catching wise of him? Dammit, he needs to get away, he needs to get away somehow. Irving took a step back as the hulking, black suited cyborgs stalked towards him, and one of them reached out towards him, both of their mouths forever stretched wide by gears. Then there was a blinding flash, a loud bang then pain in both of his ears along with silence, and a rumble that forced him to stumble to stay standing.

They know. And they aren't amused.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 21, 2013, 06:38:52 pm »

((Um... You were at Ground Zero, right? Because if so, there shouldn't be a body. That close, and you're just gone. No body, no bones, nothin'. Not even ash. Just... poof.

Then again, this is a SuperHero/Villian/Nuetral game, so the rules for this kinda thing are doubtless different.))

EDIT: I don't mean your character, as we already know that he's alive. I meant the officer. Just wanted to make that clear.

True point, though I thought someone mentioned that the blast was weaker than a nuke, so I thought there might be something left, even if it's just a lump of charred flesh.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 21, 2013, 09:24:17 pm »

finish him, or at least gouge out his eyes.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 21, 2013, 10:36:27 pm »

Between the fact that he wasn't literally at ground zero and how (as you should have gathered) the bomb was much smaller than the intended one, survival is quite possible.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 45