Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54698 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2013, 04:24:50 am »

"Hey, no need to thank me, just doing my job... wait, you still want to go inside with that woman?  She just shot at you!  Wait, you know what, I've had it with you people, I'm going home.  Se can shoot you in the head for all I care!"

"Well, why else would I be on her doorstep if I didn't want to go inside? Bad-tempered as she may be, I still believe she's ultimately a good person, though you can call me an old softie. Anyway, continue being a good citizen, sir!"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:27:20 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2013, 06:55:32 am »

((Is flameboy on TV yet?))
He hasn't even gotten started.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2013, 07:18:54 am »

Get into a nearby building, try to ward off the demon if he tries to attack.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 20, 2013, 07:57:49 pm »

casually follow winston inside, set the whole fucking place on fire, wonder why his burns arent impeding him as much as they normally should.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 20, 2013, 08:29:32 pm »

[The reason why is because he didn't ask for this. ...Or maybe he did, I can't remember. But yes, he's augmented, that will probably make him a tough fella to take down.]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 20, 2013, 08:40:43 pm »

((It was a flavour action not a serious quesrion :p))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 20, 2013, 09:35:24 pm »

Trust me: He is going to regret all this fire in the morning.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 20, 2013, 09:36:33 pm »

Tomorrow. Morning tomorrow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 20, 2013, 10:54:18 pm »

Illusion a bright light in the rapists eye. Hit him while he is distracted.
[4] "ARGH!" [3] You smack him in the shoulder. He is not significantly impaired, except for the bright lights. [5] You then kick him in the groin, which is much more effective.
The victim looks as close to at you as she can without looking at the light.

Agh! F*ck! Did she dent me?! Can I fix that?! To say that Adi was calm about being dented would be a lie- because what if it was permanent?!
Nevertheless, she got herself together, and decided to press her temporary advantage; not letting up on the super strength woman, and using the damage and ensuing period of recovery that the super-strength woman after punching her had to her best ability.
[5v4] A powerful kick to the chest causes nerve-wracking cracks, with the woman falling backwards and not moving. Blitz yells angrily, [6+1+1] and unleashes a massive bolt of lightning directly at you, burning your burqa terribly and making you a little melty. Nothing severe...yet.
There is an explosion. [2] It's not too far off. [4+1,1,4] Adi survives well, although feeling a bit soft; the woman is little more than ashes and a skeleton; and Blitz has been knocked into the ground. [1+2,6+2,3+2] [5,3;6,2]

March mech out to a nearby square or other place where there is a large population of people. Begin firing at any and destroying buildings.
"Heroes! Come and fight me, if you are not so cowardly as to hide your face!"

[2] Strangely, your mech stops moving. Rookie mistake: You didn't charge the mech properly before heading out. And now you have a small mech in the middle of a populated area after making it clear that you want to combat superheroes.
The bright side is, they might hurt their sides laughing when they hear about it from the guys coming to arrest you.
There is an explosion. [5] You are plenty far from it, though.

Run to the suburbs, then order the detonation.
[5] You make it to nearly the outside of Chicago, then...[6] Explosion.

[With all the stuff that goes on, I'm kinda surprised people pay attention to people like Irving.]

Oh god, they're screeching at him again. He has absolutely no idea what the hell these cronies are saying, just hearing an irritating tone. Also the tactic isn't working, it isn't working at all! Dammit, he's never had this happen before, what is he gonna do? Uh... Er... Hm... Shit. Irving decides to keep bluffing. He looks at the cronies right in their video-camera eyes and their black sunglasses and their visible gear mouths and speaker throats and addresses them with as much courage as he can muster. "I'm sorry, but I'm waiting for a very important appointment. They should arrive soon." Sometimes he wonders what in the world they're doing with their screeching. Talking? Well, he did find drone minds in them, but...
The police officers approach, then there is an explosion.
[4] You are pretty far from it, [2+2] and aside from being knocked backwards are fine. [2-2,3-2,4-2] Everyone seems normal.

Damien looks at the person intensely. "Rifgt now? Not quite." His voice becomes steel for a moment, pure determination coloring his words. "But I will." ((Is flameboy on TV yet?)) Wait for treatment.
"Heh. Yeah, I think we'll wait."
The treatment starts. Then there is an explosion. [2] You're all pretty close. [2+1,4,1,5] The hospital itself is perfectly fine, but you are knocked over, the guy next to you seems unhappy, and a lot of people are dead. The ones that aren't should be glad they're in a hospital. [5-2,4,1]

Oszkar pokes his head out from behind the sweatshirted man.
"I don't actually know this fine young man, to be honest, but you can be sure that I am thankful for his assistance. Why, had he not intervened I would've been short several internal organs. Honestly, shooting an old man like that simply because he's extending a friendly hand? How paranoid are you? Why, I know people who suffer from PTSD that aren't this twitchy, and those people fought in wars, don't you know. Now, may I come in? I could speak with you here, but I believe that you and I would be a bit more comfortable inside, really. I'm quite tired, you see. Being over ninety years old does that to you. In addition, I am completely unarmed and lacking in superpowers of any kind, I will add. Now, will you please refrain from shooting me?"
He then addresses the man in the sweatshirt.
"Thank you again, young man. I am Oszkar Herczeg. Who might you be?"
Speak. Also, raise hands in a surrender-like manner.
Kyle picked himself up off the floor and dusted himself off, noting with displeasure the large hole in his sweatshirt.  He then turned to the crazy shotgun woman
"What the hell is your problem!?  Shooting at unarmed old men..  you disgust me."
He then focused on the old man he had saved. 
"Hey, no need to thank me, just doing my job... wait, you still want to go inside with that woman?  She just shot at you!  Wait, you know what, I've had it with you people, I'm going home.  Se can shoot you in the head for all I care!"
Kyle then stormed off home, grumbling about the idiocy of people these days.
Head home, buying a new sweatshirt on the way.  If any crimes happen on the way, ignore them unless they are serious./b]
"Well, why else would I be on her doorstep if I didn't want to go inside? Bad-tempered as she may be, I still believe she's ultimately a good person, though you can call me an old softie. Anyway, continue being a good citizen, sir!"
Kyle Mercer heads home, [1-1] with a handcuff-happy police officer arresting him for questioning in the store...interrupted by an explosion. [1] Ground zero. [4-1,3-1] The police officer is dead, but Kyle manages to pull himself together pretty well. [5+2]
Meanwhile, [6] Ozkar gets invited in by Paladin.
"Who are you and what do you want?"
There is an explosion. [1] Ground zero. [2-1,6-1] Thank God Paladin survived, and healed you. [5+2+1,1+2][2,6] You feel...different.

Get into a nearby building, try to ward off the demon if he tries to attack.
casually follow winston inside, set the whole fucking place on fire, wonder why his burns arent impeding him as much as they normally should.
Winston flees into a building, which is [1] a warehouse for flour, lumber, and gasoline. [5+2] The moment Anakel enters the warehouse, setting it on fire instantly. There are two explosions. [1,3] Winston is pinned under some flaming rubble, with Anakel only getting a glancing blow. Then the big whammy hits. [5] ...far away from the warehouse. Not a major concern.

Everyone in Chicago and most in the surrounding area notice the explosion. Across the nation, news channels quickly switch to this terrorist attack. It is believed to be a small fusion weapon, taken by a supervillain who they are calling Bladelord due to his superpowers seeming to derive from his knife. It is believed that this attack could cause a spike in the already-massive number of supers in Chicago.

Dirk Fils, now known as Bladelord, in confused. The explosion was big, but not nearly as big as expected. And how could they miss the big truck? His thoughts are interrupted by a costumed man pulling up on a flying motorcycle.
"I'm from Leadfist. Message: 'Thanks for the nuke. Invest in precognates.' It's on, n00b." He then drives off...

Some of you may have new superpowers! I'll help you discover how to shot web soon enough...
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Not Nuked?!?
« Reply #429 on: July 20, 2013, 10:58:12 pm »

Continue to pummel rapist. Try not to kill him. But beating him until his bones are broken is okay.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 20, 2013, 10:58:28 pm »

@!*$#)$*%*#@%(
Kill everyone and everything.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 20, 2013, 11:00:25 pm »

@!*$#)$*%*#@%(
Please be more specific.
Sig

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 20, 2013, 11:05:05 pm »

@!*$#)$*%*#@%(
Please be more specific.
RAEG MOED!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 20, 2013, 11:32:28 pm »

RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY

EDIT: Oh, and use a Geiger counter on myself when I finish running away.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:35:37 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 20, 2013, 11:32:51 pm »

[What do you mean by 'everyone seems normal,' this in a 'you are not as insane as you were previously' kind of normal or a 'people aren't sprouting new limbs and powers' kind of thing?

Also, how hard was the hit? Enough to make him stumble backwards, or get thrown off of his feet, or something else?]
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45