Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54722 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #405 on: July 18, 2013, 08:47:58 pm »

YES! ABSORB THE RADIATION! ABSORB ITS POWER!!!
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 18, 2013, 08:56:11 pm »

[HE WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU WILL EVER REALIZE!]

Well... Crap. Irving knew it was weird there wasn't a teller-dispenser drone-a-tron in the bank, or anyone really, what was up with that? That, was a trap, of course, they were getting back at him for managing to figure out and avoid that supermarket! Wait, supermarket? Why was he there anyway? MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES, CRONIES CLOSING IN! SUSPICIOUSLY! Okay, time to try tactic A, it might work...

The man coughed slightly, before looking at his non-existent watch then at the police. "I am just waiting for an appointment, do you need anything?"

[This isn't going to work.]

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 18, 2013, 10:10:57 pm »

POWAH! UNLEEMITED POWAH! MWAHAHAHAHA!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2013, 10:48:44 pm »

Throw a car at him. Actually, throw several cars at him.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 19, 2013, 03:25:02 am »

Thank you Captain Hammer.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 19, 2013, 06:18:23 pm »

My poor luck.  My poor, poor luck....

Ignore him, and continue home.  While heading back, continue to look out for actual (I repeat ACTUAL) crimes. (ACTUAL ONES, DONE BY ACTUAL CRIMINALS.  ACTUALLY!)
I never finished that sentence. What you saw was an old man being threatened by a woman with a shotgun.

Oh, oops :P

As Kyle is walking home, thoroughly embarrassed with himself, he spots a woman holding a shotgun to an old man!  As he sees them, he begins to grin. Finally!  A real villain he can defeat!  There is no way he has made a mistake again, they have a shotgun and everything!  And the woman definitely has an eeevil look in her eye.

Leap in front of the old man, morphing my body to protect us both from the shotgun blast.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 19, 2013, 10:36:52 pm »

Kill him. Actually, smash his head into a wall then break his legs and arms and stomp on his crotch. Then call the police. Maybe.
[4v5] Strangely, rapists are not as puny as you expected. This one resists you by [4v3] punching you in the shoulder.

Oh dear, such distrustful people these days.
"Oh, no need for the shotgun, my dear, I'm perfectly harmless. My name is Oszkar Herczeg, good woman, and I am rather pleased to meet you."
Slowly extend hand of friendship and non-hostile intent. If I am not shot or otherwise rebuked, continue with this.
"Now, I really need to speak with you, but I'd rather come in first. I've walked a ways and my bones ache something fierce."
Ask to come in if not shot or rebuked.
As Kyle is walking home, thoroughly embarrassed with himself, he spots a woman holding a shotgun to an old man!  As he sees them, he begins to grin. Finally!  A real villain he can defeat!  There is no way he has made a mistake again, they have a shotgun and everything!  And the woman definitely has an eeevil look in her eye.

Leap in front of the old man, morphing my body to protect us both from the shotgun blast.

[2-1] Paladin reacts to this strange old man coming to her door and reaching out at her with gunfire...[5] completely blocked by a strange man with curly brown hair and a hooded sweatshirt! The hooded sweatshirt now has a hole in it, which will be really interesting to explain.
"Who the hell are you two?"

Gods above, was this really the way it was going to be? He puts his hands in his pockets as he walks along. He subtly tries again, this time concentrating wholly upon the task of at least diminishing the danger to those around him. Regardless of if it works, he turns again to the person leading him. "You know, if you ever need help with Radiology treatments, I'm your guy." He says this half-jokingly, in a manner that suggests he'd still be willing to do so if given the chamce to.
[5] You shut off your power. Excellent, it's toggleable. You're brought into the ER.
"You have that much control over what kind of radiation you emit?"

Ask volunteer to drive to Leadfist's building and set off the bomb when I give the signal. Get the heck outta dodge.
[5] Enthusiastic volunteers! [2] You get stuck in a traffic jam.

Keep. Buidling.
[5] Finished!

kill him. Tear out his throat and eyes.
Also try anchoring my feet to the ground and beating my wings a single time, see if i can throw flames at him and knock him back with air pressure.

Throw a car at him. Actually, throw several cars at him.
[2v4][2] Winston grabs at a nearby car, which evades his grasp! [2] Meanwhile, Anakel fails to touch Winston with a wave of fire.

Adi prioritized threats. Frankly, the flying lightning-shooting guy was very useless against her- being made of silver does have its advantages-. The woman who has been able to shoot projectiles and knock her straight down, though, might very well be a threat. Compared to that, the flying guy was a mere nuisance.
"Quit it with that lightning, will you? It's annoying. And not doing anything. Really, unless you have some power I don't know of, you're quite useless."
Now to deal with the actual threat of a woman- which she did, aiming a punch at the woman's face, while still talking.
[4v5] Adi misses the woman's face, [6v3] and gets punched in her own with a crack of breaking bone and a scream of pain. The enemy grabs her arm, jerks it roughly back into place with a yelp, and holds her arm as it regenerates. Adi feels her face; did this crazy woman dent her? Meanwhile, Blitz isn't taking well to the criticism, [3] scorching the base of a nearby telephone pole in a creative but failed alternate means of attack.

Glorious. I guess.

Go out, find the villains of the world and kick their asses. Probably.

[2] Slow day.

Well... Crap. Irving knew it was weird there wasn't a teller-dispenser drone-a-tron in the bank, or anyone really, what was up with that? That, was a trap, of course, they were getting back at him for managing to figure out and avoid that supermarket! Wait, supermarket? Why was he there anyway? MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES, CRONIES CLOSING IN! SUSPICIOUSLY! Okay, time to try tactic A, it might work...

The man coughed slightly, before looking at his non-existent watch then at the police. "I am just waiting for an appointment, do you need anything?"
"...Yes. You were caught on tape robbing the Third Seventh Street Bank. Care to explain yourself?"

[This isn't going to work.]
Correct. So far.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 19, 2013, 10:39:45 pm »

Illusion a bright light in the rapists eye. Hit him while he is distracted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 19, 2013, 10:49:10 pm »

Agh! F*ck! Did she dent me?! Can I fix that?! To say that Adi was calm about being dented would be a lie- because what if it was permanent?!
Nevertheless, she got herself together, and decided to press her temporary advantage; not letting up on the super strength woman, and using the damage and ensuing period of recovery that the super-strength woman after punching her had to her best ability.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 19, 2013, 10:56:26 pm »

March mech out to a nearby square or other place where there is a large population of people. Begin firing at any and destroying buildings.
"Heroes! Come and fight me, if you are not so cowardly as to hide your face!"
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 19, 2013, 11:20:30 pm »

Run to the suburbs, then order the detonation.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 19, 2013, 11:38:20 pm »

[With all the stuff that goes on, I'm kinda surprised people pay attention to people like Irving.]

Oh god, they're screeching at him again. He has absolutely no idea what the hell these cronies are saying, just hearing an irritating tone. Also the tactic isn't working, it isn't working at all! Dammit, he's never had this happen before, what is he gonna do? Uh... Er... Hm... Shit. Irving decides to keep bluffing. He looks at the cronies right in their video-camera eyes and their black sunglasses and their visible gear mouths and speaker throats and addresses them with as much courage as he can muster. "I'm sorry, but I'm waiting for a very important appointment. They should arrive soon." Sometimes he wonders what in the world they're doing with their screeching. Talking? Well, he did find drone minds in them, but...

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 19, 2013, 11:57:21 pm »

Damien looks at the person intensely. "Rifgt now? Not quite." His voice becomes steel for a moment, pure determination coloring his words. "But I will." ((Is flameboy on TV yet?)) Wait for treatment.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2013, 02:30:21 am »

Oszkar pokes his head out from behind the sweatshirted man.

"I don't actually know this fine young man, to be honest, but you can be sure that I am thankful for his assistance. Why, had he not intervened I would've been short several internal organs. Honestly, shooting an old man like that simply because he's extending a friendly hand? How paranoid are you? Why, I know people who suffer from PTSD that aren't this twitchy, and those people fought in wars, don't you know. Now, may I come in? I could speak with you here, but I believe that you and I would be a bit more comfortable inside, really. I'm quite tired, you see. Being over ninety years old does that to you. In addition, I am completely unarmed and lacking in superpowers of any kind, I will add. Now, will you please refrain from shooting me?"

He then addresses the man in the sweatshirt.

"Thank you again, young man. I am Oszkar Herczeg. Who might you be?"

Speak. Also, raise hands in a surrender-like manner.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:26:18 am by Harry Baldman »

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2013, 03:59:01 am »

Kyle picked himself up off the floor and dusted himself off, noting with displeasure the large hole in his sweatshirt.  He then turned to the crazy shotgun woman

"What the hell is your problem!?  Shooting at unarmed old men..  you disgust me."

He then focused on the old man he had saved. 

"Hey, no need to thank me, just doing my job... wait, you still want to go inside with that woman?  She just shot at you!  Wait, you know what, I've had it with you people, I'm going home.  Se can shoot you in the head for all I care!"

Kyle then stormed off home, grumbling about the idiocy of people these days.

Head home, buying a new sweatshirt on the way.  If any crimes happen on the way, ignore them unless they are serious./b]
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45