Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54724 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #375 on: July 17, 2013, 10:19:19 am »

Oszkar considers how best to put this as he quickly returns to the door.

"Oh, me? I'm interested in speaking with the tenant of this house on an important personal matter."

Once the tenant of the house appears, evaluate if physical description matches Paladin. As in, is it a woman of the appropriate age and size?

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 17, 2013, 03:39:35 pm »

"Sure... But later. Gotta go get myself cleaned up and suited up."

He frowns down at his wound.

"Oh yeah, also gotta get this taken care of. Anyways, ciao."

He gives a light wave and walks off with his metal, paint and whatever else he got from the hardware store.

Scurry off to get cleaned, get healed and get some better armor made.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 17, 2013, 04:05:26 pm »

Kyle watches the stinky man leave, then shrugs and heads off home.

Head home, keeping an eye out for (actual) crime as he goes.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 17, 2013, 05:03:04 pm »

IT WORKED! AHAHAHAHA, IT WORKED! Oh man Irving has never been so glad to have just been beset upon by a glitch before, the drones are aware! Good, good... Now... What was he doing? Er... The man scratched his head through his hood. Something about... Something about his apartment? Oh, right, he was heading back to base, that's what he was doing. The man put his hands in his pockets as he relaxed and felt the money.

What. What is this doing here? Where did he get this? ...Oh, he made a withdrawal, yes. Hm... Ah, yes, that was why he was heading back to base. He withdrew money to put an advance on his rent, right right... Gotta pay in cash anyway, don't want them tracking him. Love had to already go through a lot of work just to get all the damn cameras out, to hell if he was going to let them track him through those slide-in-sticks that people use.

Now then, getting back to base, back to base... Dammit, they changed the layout again. Irving swears he's never caught them doing it mid-junction, its always when he isn't paying attention. He honestly has no idea how they do that, but he theorizes lots of lifts and land-based escalators or something.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 18, 2013, 04:38:44 pm »

Covertly prowl the alleyways for rapists and robbers. Also change into my costume while I'm at it.
[4] You find a rape in progress.

Adi groans again and curses as a bystander gets shot. Super-nazis, with powers very likely to hit bystanders. And they could hit from afar, although she was... kind of lucky, they probably couldn't do too much to her. So there really was only one course of action to take. Growling out a "People! Run!" to any bystanders in the area, Adi charges at bullet-nazi.
"People! Run!"
"Yeah, right."
"She means the bystanders, Blitz."
Apparently, the flying guy is Blitz. Good? to know.
[4v4] You charge at the woman, and are stopped by two outstretched hands of her. [5v2;3] She punches you in the face, knocking you backward. The still-nameless neo-Nazi screams in pain and shakes her bloody hand; quickly, the blood stops flowing. [4+1] Another direct strike burns your burqa more.

Continue building my mech w/ cheesy obvious weakpoint
[2] Progress goeth slowly.

Damien follows along behind whoever it is. "Sooo... Why was the hospital closed? That just seems... odd to me, especially in a city like this with so many 'Parahumans' running around willy-nilly." As he walks, he turns down the radiation and glow as much as he can. He was here to get a bullet dug out of his shoulder, not give people cancer.
"It's kinda early. Didn't you notice?"
[2] You try, but it doesn't seem you can adjust your radiation so easily...

watch my assasin fall into traffic, if nothing runs him over swoop down and pick him back up before redropping him.

If he gets hit by something land near him and assess whether he still needs maiming.

Dammit. If I hang on I'll just get torn apart. I guess there's no way out of this.

Let go. Try minimize the fall impact; land on something that might cushion it.
Winston lets go of Anakel, [5] landing with a crunch and a bit of an impression into the street. He doesn't seem to be harmed. [6] The only car around is a nice, expensive car which rubble from the landing smacks, denting the car and scratching the paint. The owner shouts, takes Winston's picture, and threatens to sue. [5v6-2] As Winston, stunned by the drop and distracted by the rich jerk, stands up, he is grabbed by Anakel and [4] dropped from a couple stories up--not as far of a drop this time. [4+1] It has precisely as much effect, [3] except that as he stands up a drunk guy strikes him with a glancing blow with his car, knocking Winston down again. [1v5-1] Anakel crashes into the road.

Put bomb on truck, cover it. Ask for volunteers.
Bomb set up. [5-1] Volunteers get. Now what?

Kyle shuffles his feet as he faces the stinky man, quite ashamed of himself.

"Erm.. Well... Sorry for, well.. you know... Stabbing you and stuff...  Say, you maybe, erm... fancy teaming up?"
"Sure... But later. Gotta go get myself cleaned up and suited up."

He frowns down at his wound.

"Oh yeah, also gotta get this taken care of. Anyways, ciao."

He gives a light wave and walks off with his metal, paint and whatever else he got from the hardware store.

Scurry off to get cleaned, get healed and get some better armor made.

Kyle watches the stinky man leave, then shrugs and heads off home.

Head home, keeping an eye out for (actual) crime as he goes.
[1] Kyle may want to consider adding "Super Luck" as a weakness if he ever submits an official Superhero Application Form. He discovers
[6] Finn makes some impractically large, brightly-covered, and still-smelly armor.

Oszkar considers how best to put this as he quickly returns to the door.

"Oh, me? I'm interested in speaking with the tenant of this house on an important personal matter."

Once the tenant of the house appears, evaluate if physical description matches Paladin. As in, is it a woman of the appropriate age and size?
"One sec..." A woman exits the front door, holding a shotgun. She looks like Shining Paladin.

IT WORKED! AHAHAHAHA, IT WORKED! Oh man Irving has never been so glad to have just been beset upon by a glitch before, the drones are aware! Good, good... Now... What was he doing? Er... The man scratched his head through his hood. Something about... Something about his apartment? Oh, right, he was heading back to base, that's what he was doing. The man put his hands in his pockets as he relaxed and felt the money.

What. What is this doing here? Where did he get this? ...Oh, he made a withdrawal, yes. Hm... Ah, yes, that was why he was heading back to base. He withdrew money to put an advance on his rent, right right... Gotta pay in cash anyway, don't want them tracking him. Love had to already go through a lot of work just to get all the damn cameras out, to hell if he was going to let them track him through those slide-in-sticks that people use.

Now then, getting back to base, back to base... Dammit, they changed the layout again. Irving swears he's never caught them doing it mid-junction, its always when he isn't paying attention. He honestly has no idea how they do that, but he theorizes lots of lifts and land-based escalators or something.
[6] You make your way into the bank, pocket your money, and head out. Convenient of them to leave the door unlocked; must be a self-serve bank, you didn't see any tellers on duty.
In other news, after you pay for your rent in advance, you notice some police men coming over to you and pointing to you. They've found you!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 18, 2013, 04:42:17 pm »

Kill him. Actually, smash his head into a wall then break his legs and arms and stomp on his crotch. Then call the police. Maybe.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 18, 2013, 04:43:10 pm »

Kill him. Actually, smash his head into a wall then break his legs and arms and stomp on his crotch. Then call the police. Maybe.
Do you have a weapon I forgot about?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 18, 2013, 04:43:47 pm »

No. I'll use my hands.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 18, 2013, 04:48:55 pm »

Oh dear, such distrustful people these days.

"Oh, no need for the shotgun, my dear, I'm perfectly harmless. My name is Oszkar Herczeg, good woman, and I am rather pleased to meet you."

Slowly extend hand of friendship and non-hostile intent. If I am not shot or otherwise rebuked, continue with this.

"Now, I really need to speak with you, but I'd rather come in first. I've walked a ways and my bones ache something fierce."

Ask to come in if not shot or rebuked.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2013, 05:07:02 pm »

Gods above, was this really the way it was going to be? He puts his hands in his pockets as he walks along. He subtly tries again, this time concentrating wholly upon the task of at least diminishing the danger to those around him. Regardless of if it works, he turns again to the person leading him. "You know, if you ever need help with Radiology treatments, I'm your guy." He says this half-jokingly, in a manner that suggests he'd still be willing to do so if given the chamce to.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2013, 05:26:00 pm »

Ask volunteer to drive to Leadfist's building and set off the bomb when I give the signal. Get the heck outta dodge.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2013, 05:27:28 pm »

Keep. Buidling.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2013, 05:34:18 pm »

kill him. Tear out his throat and eyes.
Also try anchoring my feet to the ground and beating my wings a single time, see if i can throw flames at him and knock him back with air pressure.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:51:32 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2013, 05:35:42 pm »

Adi prioritized threats. Frankly, the flying lightning-shooting guy was very useless against her- being made of silver does have its advantages-. The woman who has been able to shoot projectiles and knock her straight down, though, might very well be a threat. Compared to that, the flying guy was a mere nuisance.
"Quit it with that lightning, will you? It's annoying. And not doing anything. Really, unless you have some power I don't know of, you're quite useless."
Now to deal with the actual threat of a woman- which she did, aiming a punch at the woman's face, while still talking.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 18, 2013, 06:14:08 pm »

My poor luck.  My poor, poor luck....

Ignore him, and continue home.  While heading back, continue to look out for actual (I repeat ACTUAL) crimes. (ACTUAL ONES, DONE BY ACTUAL CRIMINALS.  ACTUALLY!)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45