Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54718 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2013, 03:27:46 pm »

Oh good, away from that dreadful place, whew. They almost had him there, but he figured it out just in the knick of time, they're clever that's for sure. Almost walked, literally, right into that one. But the day was growing short and when the drones sleep the cronies come out to play at night, Irving knew he had to move fast before he's left out after dark. The man couldn't help but try and ignore the several cameras undoubtedly zoomed in on him, from the cars, street lights, fire hydrants, windows... Everywhere. He can feel their probing eyes, watching his every move.

Irving had to move. He had to find some food, and he had to head back to base for the night before they catch him out past dark. Hm... Maybe if he tried gathering the information on the nearest store by some of the passing drones, reading their minds? He had to be sure not to compromise them though, they're nothing more than lost souls who don't truly see what's going on, he just needs information on where...

zombie killer

• Bay Watcher
  • mwuahahahahhaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2013, 06:02:24 pm »

hello, i made a character, and would like to please join this game.
name: neo anderson
description: black hair, 6 feet tall 200 pounds, wearing aviator sunglasses and a trench coat. ( also has guns, lots of guns strapped to him(joke) he only has a makarov and a mac-10 and spare mags)
backstory: he is just a computer programer who works for microsoft, creating a cure for cancer.
intended side: undecided (the character)
motivation: to become powerful enough to tell the gm : "rocks fall, you die"
favourite superpower: to be able to treat the world as if it were the matrix, and stop bullets and all of that stuff.

I'd settle for capitalization. although all lower case seems to be zk's thing.
thank you and have a nice day!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2013, 06:05:53 pm »

...Um...why would a computer programmer work on a cure for cancer?
Among assorted other issues.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2013, 09:05:37 pm »

Because hes one of those conspiracy nutjobs that thinks the world is a computer program?

stealthbump
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2013, 09:06:43 pm »

Oh, another crazy person to join the flock(which so far only contains Irving)! Yay!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 10, 2013, 09:07:23 pm »

Oh, another crazy person to join the flock(which so far only contains Irving)! Yay!
What about Ozkar?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2013, 09:10:08 pm »

He seems more senile than crazy, but there are varying standards, no? Dan's character is pretty crazy if you think about it, although he's the effective kind, as are a few others no doubt. Superpowers does weird things to peoples minds, making them put their underwear on the outside and taking on names they made up and stuff.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2013, 09:19:43 pm »

((what is it with me and bad rolls?  :P ))

Kyle ignores the help and gets back on his feet on his own.  He then faces the smelly evil-doer "I saw you rob that hardware store! how dare you take what rightfully belongs to someone else!" 

Confront the 'fragrant' evil-doer
((Didn't realize you'd posted and I'd actually planned on responding and such... :P))

"Heh, I was fully willing to pay 'em. I can actually go do that now, if you'd really like. They just let me take it, free of charge.
I guess they'd heard of me before from my work."

He smiles widely, as though trying to make Kyle recognize him from his number (technically true, as one is a number) of roles.

"Anyways, I can sympathise, I've made the same mistake. Confusing a good guy for a bad one, I mean.
What do ya say? We good?
Hell, might even be a good idea to work together. You seem kind of new to this as well."

((I honestly expect my character to end up a villain just from really bad luck.))
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2013, 09:23:13 pm »

Honestly wouldn't surprise me. I laughed at that, by the way.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2013, 09:52:01 pm »

Honestly wouldn't surprise me. I laughed at that, by the way.
Thanks! :D
I've been going for a Booster Gold kind of vibe with my character.
Overly big ego, but nothing to show for it.
'course, Booster eventually became a great hero in his own right, it remains to be seen if the same'll be true for Finn. :v
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2013, 09:54:45 pm »

I'm trying to go for a Well-Intentioned Extremist. Let's see how well I do! ;3
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2013, 09:59:24 pm »

I wish there wasn't another character named Kyle. I might get confused.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2013, 10:10:22 pm »

I wish there wasn't another character named Kyle. I might get confused.
Making a note to self that if Irving dies, make next character named Kyle
Confusion is fun! At least in my experience with characters.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2013, 11:12:45 pm »

Spongebob reference.
Nod at the wisdom of the elder man. Argue that some chemicals can be extremely beneficial citing the knowledge gained from friends who grow you know what.
"No, I don't know what!"

await arrival of phlebotinum or email assassin.
If phlebotinum arrives before assasin build a shrink ray then grab my shit and move on.
If assasin arrives first, ambush and taser him repeatedly.

((dammit, forgot to post a turn.))

Earlier Dick had asked the Triad if they wanted him to engage the demon. A few minutes later he walked out the building, hefting a huge sledgehammer with both arms.

I guess this is a yes, He thought, swinging the weapon in the air, testing its weight. A playful smirk began to spread on his face. "Just the way I like it."

Get to the place they told me where he'd be. Pop a pill if needed.
Anakel hears a knock on his door and grabs his "taser". After a moment, Winston kicks open the door. [1v1-1] Um. Well, let's see...Mick shoots directly at his foot, but Dick strides across the room and knocks the weapon up, causing it to strike him in the chest. [6-1] This does nothing, and in fact enhances Dick's strength and speed! [5+1v2] Anakel is punched across the room hard enough to knock the gun out of his hand and the elbow of Winston's thing out of alignment. Anakel turns into his demon-form, and while Winston struggles to get his elbow working again [2,4v3-2] lands two flaming punches on the now-smaller man. Winston considers his next action...

Fudgenuggets!
New plan: interview powered gang members.
There are a lot of them. [1] Most of them have almost useless powers, but a few have useful powers.
Tobias Dyer ([6,6,6]): Huh. This guy claims to be a reincarnation of Benjamin Franklin. This might not sound like much, but this world's BF had superpowered intellect and dabbled in several kinds of magic, alongside having a close personal relationship with a certain Lady.
Gary Gent ([5,5,4]): Gary was a scientist before being locked up for inhumane testing on primate subjects. He managed to discover a chemical which unlocked various magic inside oneself. He is now a powerful, if unskilled, Chaos Sorcerer. This basically means that he can summon magic and have it do something like what he wants. Usually. Occasionally it does something completely different. Usually it's close enough.
Frederic Faulkner ([4,3,3]): Frederic was a volunteer for an experiment Gary conducted after he was imprisoned. He gained the ability to cause plants to grow from places, although he also became green-skinned and flammable.
Katheryn Munoz ([4,4,3]): Katheryn was another test subject. She gained telepathy, possibly shifting into mind control.
I'm not going to give them full-out character spoilers, since they're minor NPCs.

Die of internal bleeding in my brain.

(Yeah, dropping out.)
I'm sorry about that.

Oh... Thought I did, lol.

Begin looking for others, either simple men with either skill, smarts, or strength, or other, weaker supers willing to add "villain" onto the end. Should I find any, invite them to work for me, and get a cut of any money they make.
[6] You get so many applications that you can't screen out the serious ones from the jokes and the undercover cops.

((Same here, Puncher of Faces. I think we can be forgiven, seeing as there was about... 4-5 hours in between the turns. :P))

"Uh, lemme help you up, buddy. Just need to set this crap down..."

Help out that idiotic guy that just fell on his stupid face in front of me.
Kyle ignores the help and gets back on his feet on his own.  He then faces the smelly evil-doer "I saw you rob that hardware store! how dare you take what rightfully belongs to someone else!"
Confront the 'fragrant' evil-doer
"Heh, I was fully willing to pay 'em. I can actually go do that now, if you'd really like. They just let me take it, free of charge.
I guess they'd heard of me before from my work."
He smiles widely, as though trying to make Kyle recognize him from his number (technically true, as one is a number) of roles.
"Anyways, I can sympathise, I've made the same mistake. Confusing a good guy for a bad one, I mean.
What do ya say? We good?
Hell, might even be a good idea to work together. You seem kind of new to this as well."
[1] Kyle sees through the stinky villain's claims and [5v4] slips a tendril through his armor! [6] The tendril gets stuck on a combination of metal and what seems to be a rib!

If it's very, very early morning (like four or five A.M.), then go ahead anyway. If it's earlier, read a bunch of magazines lying around until the sun rises.
You break out some magazines for the present. [1-1] You find some comically tragic stories about this weird place where...oh, wait, that's the news.

Well, this kinda sucked. Any chance he might've had at being stealthy now was gone. While he had no problem with the other option, sometimes stealth just worked better. It was much more... elegant. Unfortunately, he'd made it onto the news. Which meant that that bitch probably knew where he was. Joy. First of all, he needed to find a gun. While any old gun would do, he doubted that street thugs would have armaments that matched the quality of his old guns. Also, another big priority was to hide that fucking glow. He sighed. "Man, I could use a drink."
Let it be noted that this is one of the characters with the least need for a gun, and the first to look for one.
At this time of night, there's not a lot of places to buy a firearm. All that's open are places that coincidentally stock by far the best variety.
[1-1] On one hand, he seems to have found a supplier. On the other hand, the "supplier" is only only interested in selling the bullet, and even then only the lead part. Neither he nor the other two nearby suppliers seem interested in selling more than the slug, and one of them seems interested in selling less. On the bright side, they're willing to distribute their product for free.
You're being mugged, and at least one of your assailants probably has superpowers. That's what I'm trying to say here.

Oh good, away from that dreadful place, whew. They almost had him there, but he figured it out just in the knick of time, they're clever that's for sure. Almost walked, literally, right into that one. But the day was growing short and when the drones sleep the cronies come out to play at night, Irving knew he had to move fast before he's left out after dark. The man couldn't help but try and ignore the several cameras undoubtedly zoomed in on him, from the cars, street lights, fire hydrants, windows... Everywhere. He can feel their probing eyes, watching his every move.

Irving had to move. He had to find some food, and he had to head back to base for the night before they catch him out past dark. Hm... Maybe if he tried gathering the information on the nearest store by some of the passing drones, reading their minds? He had to be sure not to compromise them though, they're nothing more than lost souls who don't truly see what's going on, he just needs information on where...
[2] The passing "drones" are all blank. Nothing! These must be robots! MY GOD THEY'RE REPLACING PEOPLE WITH ROBOTS!

Neo Anderson: [2,3,4]
You are Neo, recently involved in a confusing lab accident that involved some kind of pharmaceuticals and computers. You don't remember because of amnesia. At least, you think you have amnesia. You also see the world more slowly, at least you think it's slower than normal, and somehow you feel...serendipitous. You don't remember what that word means, but you think it's a good thing.
Sig

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2013, 11:14:49 pm »

Send them to hold up various stores as a test. Should any object, slay them.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45