Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54728 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2013, 11:52:26 pm »

....sod it, a smelly man robbing a store will have to do!

confront the man, using powers to morph my arm into something (relatively) non-lethal, just in case.
Quote from: SomeStupidGuy
I haven't posted an action yet!
Kyle considers that fists are pretty nonlethal, before making his arm into a club. It shouldn't kill  anyone unless you hit them in the head really hard...and that'll kill anyone with anything. He then leaps at the smelly man, [1] proving that parkour is about more than just enthusiasm as he promptly faceplants.

The trench coat and mask, Really that's all you need for a costume.
Get some peanuts and maybe take a nap, if possible talk with another passenger, if they are male have a normal conversation, if female flirt with her.
[Heads; 3] You chat with an elderly man about the virtues of organic farming. You're not sure he knows what he's talking about, but you think you've learned something.

Oszkar, upon looking through the newspaper and finding absolutely nothing of any use, is a bit crushed. It's getting a bit difficult to get superpowers these days. It's just like with drugs, you see - used to be that you could get opiates just like that, but now they're all "controlled substance" this and "highly addictive chemical" that. Terrible is what it is.

Have morning walk through town. Keep an eye out for crazy superpowered people fighting each other.
It's actually still night. Continue action, Y/N?

order enough phlebotinum for a single shrink ray and shut down my laptop before storing it somewhete safe and heading outside.

Buy some coffee and wait for suspiciously metallic individuals to try bteaking into my apartment.

You order some phlebotinum.

That... wouldn't do. That wouldn't do at all. Adi reprioritized- she could use regular shoes, and she only needed to hide her hands.
See if I can't make ankle-wraps and pockets.
[2] Not if you want them to stay on without you holding them in place. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of pockets?

Name gang "E.V.I.L" find demolition site.
[3] The E.V.I.L. locates a condemned skyscraper. Not much actual work has begun on destroying it, except that the previous occupants removed most of value from the place.

Success! Due to lucky happenstance, they rearranged the city to where the market was right next to the bank! ...Wait. When has this ever happened before, it seemed too... Easy. Way to easy... Ohgoditsatrap--Irving looked around warily for a quick moment before fleeing away from the too-obviously-a-trap store at a dead sprint! He can find another store hopefully, one that isn't so obviously a trap, there was no way they would favor him like that, nothing is chance with them... I mean, sure, the next store he enters is probably a trap too, but damn them if they think he'll fall for the easy ones!
Irving runs down the streets of Chicago inconspicuously, dodging cars and looking for a new store. He moves to the sidewalk and continues his search, feeling the little burning eyes of the cars staring at him. Well, they're not so little, he guesses. [2] He doesn't see any other stores to buy supplies at.

Damien Smith: [2,5,3]
Even in Chicago, radiation-related accidents make the news. It's not every day--or even most--that a young man gets struck with an experimental piece of nuclear fuel which fell out of a window as part of a dare gone wrong, and then falling out of a window. Yet, it happened this night, with one Damien Smith being the poor victim. Or possibly the lucky one, as he gained the ability to create and manipulate just about any kind of radiation, even hardening it into destructive blasts or "light shields" or something. Sadly, he can't quite turn it off--he's glowing and radioactive. Poor guy.

((How are you gonna handle interplayer combat?))
By hoping both players actually post turns next time. It worked OK this time, since it's a bit of an ambush, but I'm going to go to the Delinquent Players thread if one of them doesn't post by tomorrow evening...

Oh no! It's every villain is lemons!
What?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2013, 12:00:31 am »

Spongebob reference.
Nod at the wisdom of the elder man. Argue that some chemicals can be extremely beneficial citing the knowledge gained from friends who grow you know what.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2013, 12:12:51 am »

await arrival of phlebotinum or email assassin.
If phlebotinum arrives before assasin build a shrink ray then grab my shit and move on.
If assasin arrives first, ambush and taser him repeatedly.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2013, 12:33:28 am »

Fudgenuggets!
New plan: interview powered gang members.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:08:29 am by Dansmithers »
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2013, 01:11:10 am »

Die of internal bleeding in my brain.

(Yeah, dropping out.)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2013, 01:14:14 am »

Er... I think you skipped my action.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 10, 2013, 01:24:01 am »

You should really bold it next time
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 10, 2013, 01:40:31 am »

Oh... Thought I did, lol.

Begin looking for others, either simple men with either skill, smarts, or strength, or other, weaker supers willing to add "villain" onto the end. Should I find any, invite them to work for me, and get a cut of any money they make.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 10, 2013, 02:06:32 am »

((dammit, forgot to post a turn.))

Earlier Dick had asked the Triad if they wanted him to engage the demon. A few minutes later he walked out the building, hefting a huge sledgehammer with both arms.

I guess this is a yes, He thought, swinging the weapon in the air, testing its weight. A playful smirk began to spread on his face. "Just the way I like it."

Get to the place they told me where he'd be. Pop a pill if needed.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 10, 2013, 02:35:31 am »

((Same here, Puncher of Faces. I think we can be forgiven, seeing as there was about... 4-5 hours in between the turns. :P))

"Uh, lemme help you up, buddy. Just need to set this crap down..."

Help out that idiotic guy that just fell on his stupid face in front of me.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2013, 05:26:06 am »

((what is it with me and bad rolls?  :P ))

Kyle ignores the help and gets back on his feet on his own.  He then faces the smelly evil-doer "I saw you rob that hardware store! how dare you take what rightfully belongs to someone else!" 

Confront the 'fragrant' evil-doer

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 10, 2013, 05:32:47 am »

If it's very, very early morning (like four or five A.M.), then go ahead anyway. If it's earlier, read a bunch of magazines lying around until the sun rises.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 10, 2013, 07:57:50 am »

You had an action?

((Same here, Puncher of Faces. I think we can be forgiven, seeing as there was about... 4-5 hours in between the turns. :P))
I try to do a turn every night. When I fail, I try to also do a turn ASAP.
Sometimes that turns out to be in the evening.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 10, 2013, 11:31:28 am »

Well, this kinda sucked. Any chance he might've had at being stealthy now was gone. While he had no problem with the other option, sometimes stealth just worked better. It was much more... elegant. Unfortunately, he'd made it onto the news. Which meant that that bitch probably knew where he was. Joy. First of all, he needed to find a gun. While any old gun would do, he doubted that street thugs would have armaments that matched the quality of his old guns. Also, another big priority was to hide that fucking glow. He sighed. "Man, I could use a drink."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2013, 12:59:02 pm »

You had an action?
Yeah, but I forgot to bold it, so it was my bad. I've reposted it in bold now, however.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45